LegacyGT.com

MS6 dyno--this are looking better

aren't they getting the crank power mixed up? they are saying 20% loss for awd, but isnt that car 70% fwd? how does an awd dyno figure out power #'s if the power isnt being put down equally to all 4 wheels? im confused. please help?

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I would assume on the dyno all 4 wheels are powered equally because as the car starts to turn the front wheels and realizes the rears aren't moving at the same speed it will transfer power to the rear until they are.

I wonder if the /real/ fix for this problem happened when (I assume) the dealer pulled the negative battery cable before the fuel tank was drained? It seems to me that if the MS6 was like every other car I've dealt with that the ECU would loose its dynamic timing settings and revert to baseline if the battery was disconnected long enough. Filling it up with 93 and driving it would let it re-learn the timing settings without so much knock due to 87 octane gas. Does this seem reasonable?

-Ryan

in another more recent thread, that same threadstarter remarked about how he achieved a 13.9 ¼ time and this time used race gas only for the last few runs. what he didn't mention (but his buddy later did) was that his best time was achieved while using the race gas, and that it was 13.99, which he conveniently rounded down to 13.9, so take that FWIW

There is a local Guy with a MS6....always is running the car on 100oct. You can buy it @ the majority of Racetrac locations down here.

On hard launches the front wheels give a puff of smoke...showing it true identity.

If there is validity to the #'s mentioned in this thread...he dynoed his car while using 80% 100oct / 20% 93oct.

He put down 230whp / 269Ftlb

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived