LegacyGT.com

LED tails 2

sathiele

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, we don't have any plans for the Legacy, we'll try to work it in.

We will let you know if that happens in the future. However, if you can

find 6 or more people that are interested, we can arrange a group buy.

It will be $310 each pair if you guys send us your taillights.

Thanks, Terry @ LM Retrofit

There ya go guys...there's the email reply. So who wants to do this?

We'd have to provide our own tail lights...I really cant afford to give

up my tail lights, and would have to find another set, which would be

getting really really expensive...I might still go fwd. if I can find some

cheap tail lights...

I'm up for something like this..a co-operative effort would be awesome. I'm assuming all of us would have to prepay or something though. If I get some interest in this method, I'll go ahead and contact him and let him know that we would be interested, and shoot this idea to him also. Just throw in your comments...those couldn't hurt.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Just throw in your comments...those couldn't hurt.:)

don't know if you meant people should send comments over to him or comment on the board, but i will (bump).

this looks awesome and you all should do it. that drawing was cool.

word, nice drawing, someones good at sketching, and the LEDs look great, just like I was anticipating. I'm still interested in knowing more :p
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

lol 300 bucks and needs our tailights? too expensive for my pocket -.-

+1

parts shouldn't cost more than $30, larbor shouldn't cost more than $120.

This Space For Rent

Just to let you guys know, I have done retrofits for a few different models and just the other day bought a single taillight for the legacy off of ebay for a good price. So I am going to experiment around and decide if this is a good candidate for a retrofit. Just so you can see my designs, here are a few others I have done:

97-01 BB6 Honda Prelude

DAY

http://www.hidplanet.com/dmiller/10-29-05%20Pics/2.jpg

NIGHT

http://www.hidplanet.com/dmiller/Night1.jpg

Infiniti I30 3rd Brake Light

DAY

http://www.hidplanet.com/dmiller/I30%20Brakelight/Final_1.jpg

NIGHT

http://www.hidplanet.com/dmiller/I30%20Brakelight/Final_9.jpg

I'm also working on a Mazda MX-6 taillight right now which is still in the design phase.

Parking Lights

http://www.hidplanet.com/dmiller/Taras/Parking2.jpg

Brake Lights

http://www.hidplanet.com/dmiller/Taras/Brake1.jpg

indeed, I'm much anticipating this.

btw how much would it cost to do something simple like that 3rd brake light you did there? the less bulbs I have to replace the better.. I can't stand it when I'm going down the road and see 3/4 of the people who have incandescent 3rd brake lights are burnt out, and I dont want that to be me lol. if it were cheap enough I might consider that also, so long as all of this requires no wire cutting.. does it? cos.. I dont like chopping factory harnesses.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

The LED tails on the Accord look very nice and bright. I'm very partial to the LED tails on the Caddy's as it is is very distinctive. the 2006 Nissan Murano also has LED tails and makes the rearend seem more modern and aggressive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys. Well I build every single component from scratch so the design can really be modified to the shape of the taillight and the look of the rear end. Oh and for the 3rd brake light I believe that I charge $100 total.

I have some concerns about the Legacy taillight, but since I got it for so cheap I decided it was worth a try. Hopefully I can solve some problems that I think I have spotted with it and I can produce excellent and stock-looking results.

Hey man, good job w/ the LED tails. Since you are a member here now, and you are contributing, I think we should get behind you to make us some LED tails. I think the vendor that I contacted may have just missed out.:)

Yea, I have seen a lot of people interested in it. I know that a lot of people bought the legacy because it was more "refined" than an impreza. Nice looking LED tails, I think, can really add to this element and I am trying to achieve this.

Yea, I have seen a lot of people interested in it. I know that a lot of people bought the legacy because it was more "refined" than an impreza. Nice looking LED tails, I think, can really add to this element and I am trying to achieve this.

can u make something like what's shown on post #51? :)

This Space For Rent

can u make something like what's shown on post #51? :)

+1 No circles inside circles or anything. Really simple like the drawing I did. I think that would look the best, and fit the personality of our cars the best. Keep us updated on this, and hopefully we can get something going here. :)

+1 No circles inside circles or anything. Really simple like the drawing I did. I think that would look the best, and fit the personality of our cars the best. Keep us updated on this, and hopefully we can get something going here. :)

amen! no circles, doesn't fit our cars style, drawing is what I want :p

Archived