LegacyGT.com

LED tails 2

sathiele

So maybe I'm breaking some rule by starting a new thread on a similar subject, but it's a little different.

The guys at Acurazine (specifically the TSX community) contacted someone named Mike at LM Retrofits. There is enough of a demand there for them to produce LED tails. Basically you ship yours in and they convert them, or you get someone else's, don't think the system is in place yet. A tester just sent his in.

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27503

I know there are a lot fewer legacies out there but I thought if anyone here cared about having LEDs you might at least check it out, maybe talk to Mike.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read through that TSX thread, and the prices will probably hover around ~$300 for our tails I believe. We have just two pieces, while the TSX has 4 pieces. I think I'm going to contact the company, see what comes up. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

Rice to this mod.

yeah that's a really good point. after all, if bmw, mercedes, infiniti, lexus, toyota and a ton of other companies do it, it must be (i know some of those are japanese companies but we all know that isn't the issue here, don't we?).

please tell me how a conservative, OEM-looking LED set-up is rice.

yeah that's a really good point. after all, if bmw, mercedes, infiniti, lexus, toyota and a ton of other companies do it, it must be (i know some of those are japanese companies but we all know that isn't the issue here, don't we?).

please tell me how a conservative, OEM-looking LED set-up is rice.

Show me what they look like? The ones on the TSX in those pics looked like crap. Judging how those looked, I say rice. When the factory puts them on they will look perfect. If these look OEM let me see them.

this mod is not rice, and heres why:

LED taillights will last like.. forever.. you dont hafve to replace bulbs, even if you have a seal problem and your taillight fills with water LEDS will still work, so long as there isn't a short in the wire GOING to them :p

the other reason.. LEDs are brighter more color matched and higher in visibility.

I did a presentation that LEDs was the future of all lighting technology a few years ago.. now look at em.. fedex ups, redlights, banks, even household bulbs can be LEDs.. and she gave me a C...... if only she knew how wrong she was ;P

for $100.. I'm probablly in.. I wanna see a finished product first.

oh, and btw, the whole IS300 turn signal thing.. yes thats lame.. I dont want that, something normal please.. just replace my bulbs JUST my red part bulbs with LEDs and I'm good to go... and yes.. I was using the phrase good to go long before taco bell..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I agree... I consider "rice" as a mod that is primarily for looks (or sound) and not for performance... replacing incandescent tail lights with LEDs in order to have brighter, longer lasting, more robust, and more reliable tail lights would not be done just for looks. Granted though that there may be very crappy looking implementations which I would not put on my car either, but the concept behind LED tail lights (unlike stickers, coffee can mufflers, wings, flames, horrid body kits, and the like) is sound.
"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Archived