LegacyGT.com

Guaging interest in Crucial Racing quad tip cat back exhaust (sedan) turndowns (XT)

Mblock66

Would you be interested in purchasing a Crucial Quad Tip Cat Back System?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in purchasing a Crucial Quad Tip Cat Back System?

• Yes, and I would be willing to prepay some undetermined amount to get the project moving
    • Yes, but I am not putting any money down
    • No, Already have a cat back or am just not interested

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Han'sGT - Maybe Jeremy can "pull out" some packing material for you? :lol:

Go for the Stromung if you want loud. :)

The thing with this Crucial "plan" is that most of us who originally requested it of Jeremy wanted something quiet at anything but WOT. Many who had requested here MONTHS ago either were seeking the stealth/sleeper factor, or, like myself, just wanted something that would satisfy our need for "civility."

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I am really confused why there is a group that asks for every exhaust released to be extremely loud...

There are lots of options out there for loud exhausts, and it is very easy to make an exhaust louder, but it is hard to make a high-flow exhaust quiet...

Why can't you let us wagon owner's that want performance without too much sound have at least one exhaust?

Ted

:spin:

I am really confused why there is a group that asks for every exhaust released to be extremely loud...

There are lots of options out there for loud exhausts, and it is very easy to make an exhaust louder, but it is hard to make a high-flow exhaust quiet...

Why can't you let us wagon owner's that want performance without too much sound have at least one exhaust?

Ted

Speak it, brutha!

Han'sGT - Maybe Jeremy can "pull out" some packing material for you? :lol:

Go for the Stromung if you want loud. :)

The thing with this Crucial "plan" is that most of us who originally requested it of Jeremy wanted something quiet at anything but WOT. Many who had requested here MONTHS ago either were seeking the stealth/sleeper factor, or, like myself, just wanted something that would satisfy our need for "civility."

Stromung's pipes are too big and sit too low. They don't look right on our cars...IMO. The loudness is cool, but agreed could get old.

^ I think that many of us here come from an import sport-compact background, and that the LGT may be one of our first, if not our very first, vehicle in this particular cross-over segment in terms of perceived "driver age" and "vehicle style."

As such, the "louder is better" contingent is still strong.

True, I'm from such a background myself - and honestly, at one point in my life, I also delighted in setting off car alarms, making babies cry, and making old women drop dead in their tracks. :lol: Hell, the GReddy on my last DSM could be heard through TWO layers of concrete walls in my underground garage, and often could vibrate parking decks enough to set off car alarms both one level below and above my car....

Hell, have you heard a DSM with an open dump? :lol:

But like most of us who originally requested a CBE from Jeremy/Crucial, wagon or not, our lifestyles, tastes, and even needs have now taken us away from wanting such loud exhausts.

What our contingent - the original supporters of the Crucial LGT-CBE wanted - is some quiet sophistication down-low, along with no-drone for our wagon brothers and sisters, with perhaps just a tad bit of fun when dropping the hammer at WOT.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Ted

Note: I'm not interested in a loud exhuast like the EVO2 or Stromung...that's just a bit too much and I think would get annoying.

Just putting this out there....isn't one of the real attractions of an aftermarket exhaust the sound? Performance-wise your only going to gain around 10hp. It's not a huge gain for the $.

What our contingent - the original supporters of the Crucial LGT-CBE wanted - is some quiet sophistication down-low, along with no-drone for our wagon brothers and sisters, with perhaps just a tad bit of fun when dropping the hammer at WOT.

:)

Official mission statement of the LGTOFCCBE (Legacy GT Owners For Crucial Cat Back Exhaust)

Note: I'm not interested in a loud exhuast like the EVO2 or Stromung...that's just a bit too much and I think would get annoying.

Just putting this out there....isn't one of the real attractions of an aftermarket exhaust the sound? Performance-wise your only going to gain around 10hp. It's not a huge gain for the $.

have you considered magnaflow? itll be loud-ish and free flowing for equal or less money.

Ted

Amen, +12345

As far as the rest ,I'm good with what Jeremy is proposing,,but just one aside:

Droning,,not only at highway speeds but inside the cabin(wagon) at most speeds excluding WOT,,ie,,quiet down low,but menacing at WOT:icon_twis

I'm still in.

Rudy

Im all in, only if its decent, civil sounding, but when i throw the sensor to the floor i want people to know this isnt just 'dads' car + i need to keep the whole sleeper thing, not just cause ill have to change my name..... family,law, O yeah & other local subie family members & ricers that say WTF!?!?!? im finished setting off alarms!!

Im all in, only if its decent, civil sounding, but when i throw the sensor to the floor i want people to know this isnt just 'dads' car + i need to keep the whole sleeper thing, not just cause ill have to change my name..... family,law, O yeah & other local subie family members & ricers that say WTF!?!?!? im finished setting off alarms!!

me too....but setting off the alarms was fun at 21 wouldn't mind doing it again from time to time...no biggie....30 now.

True, this modification, to me and many others, is indeed about sound - not as much of performance. Certainly, some here will be able to take advantage of larger piping, but the majority of us should be more than happy with Jeremy/Crucial's current piping plans.

And indeed, this *_is_* about sound - a more "sophisticated" sound, that is, than what is currently available on-market.

And hey, brother Han's, no one's saying that you weren't an early-requestor - just that we ganged-up on him! :D

True, this modification, to me and many others, is indeed about sound - not as much of performance. Certainly, some here will be able to take advantage of larger piping, but the majority of us should be more than happy with Jeremy/Crucial's current piping plans.

And indeed, this *_is_* about sound - a more "sophisticated" sound, that is, than what is currently available on-market.

And hey, brother Han's, no one's saying that you weren't an early-requestor - just that we ganged-up on him! :D

Is Jeremy done yet with the prototype? :icon_bigg

(just kidding)

bunch of old farts on here...

ITS NOT ABOUT SOUND!!!!!!!!!

ITS ABOUT FLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLOW EQUALS POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLOW ALSO EQUALS SOUND (to a certain extent)!!!!!!!

so if its a trade off between lots of sound and tons of flow or little sound and barely any flow improvement... WEll lets just say this

DRONE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived