LegacyGT.com

Guaging interest in Crucial Racing quad tip cat back exhaust (sedan) turndowns (XT)

Mblock66

Would you be interested in purchasing a Crucial Quad Tip Cat Back System?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in purchasing a Crucial Quad Tip Cat Back System?

• Yes, and I would be willing to prepay some undetermined amount to get the project moving
    • Yes, but I am not putting any money down
    • No, Already have a cat back or am just not interested

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up for something that mounts to the stock mufflers if the tips end up being dual tips.

I'm not liking the dual tip look.

Or... if the tips exit going from 1 to 2, I can cut off the dual tips and replace it with the stock tip.

I thought Jeremy was gonna make this thing quiet. :(

If it's much louder than the stock WRX exhaust, I'm out.....

Otherwise, I'm in for advance down payment, or even advance full payment.

Hey Jeremy, any chance of stuffing some extra stuffing in mine to quiet it down? :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

if you want to mate something with the stock y-pipe, i suggest getting something else like prodrive. I think part of the purpose of a catback for our car is to have a y-pipe that flows better. I am guessing if you wanted a system that would bolt to the stock y-pipe, the piping would be more of an L-shape. If a catback was created, the design of the Y-pipe can be more of a Y and not a T and the mufflers will have piping that is more curved than angled.

Just what i think.

Mines, I know what you are saying about the stock y pipe and muffler. It's not the best design for flow. I guess my main concern is the loudness of the exhaust system and the tips. I'm not fond of the dual tips which from reading seems to be what this system would be made using.

yeah...I'm fine for some volume at WOT, but already bought one TBE and parted it out to make it quiet.

^ +1

I think that Jeremy should put some extra stuffing into a couple of "special units" for us guys who originally petitioned/encourage him to follow-thorugh with a Crucial-built CBE/TBE for the LGT?

After all, I believe that the original group all wanted something on the quiet side, with quad tips overall.

Maybe it could be a "bonus" for those of us who got the idea rolling? Seeing as that those of us who started off asking for Crucial CBEs/TBEs are STILL the same ones asking for some "peace and quiet?" ;)

Stock WRX noise levels isn't bad - we'll lose the stealth factor, but not by much. Anything approaching Stromung, though, is going to raise a few eyebrows at the stoplight, and for as fast as Winky claws to 60 now, it's still something I don't want to advertise. :)

Sure, I don't mind WOT noise. But cruise and part-throttle putzing around town, make mine quiet and sophisticated, please.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Well again I have no idea how loud it will actually be until it is made. All jeremy said is if it is made like the WRX one it would actually be slightly quieter with a y pipe and 2 mufflers. But you never know until it is built I guess.... this is still in the infant stages and unless capital is raised it will sit on the shelf for a lot longer until Crucial is funded again for this project. Personally I would like to fund it or partially fund it to get it moving. I am sure too that if you didn't like the final result you could "opt out" and get all your deposit back.. Really a no risk situation just loaning the money for a little while

More quad tip pictures. From the New BMW Z4 M coupe and the Hamman M5

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2006_hamann_m5-2.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2006_bmw_z4_m_coupe-3.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2006_bmw_z4_m_coupe-2.jpg

Well I hae no idea when Crucial will have pics. This is simply a interest thread to start.

I don't think it will be competative to Megan Racing at a retail price. But then again no one has seen or heard the megan ehaust yet and they have released no price.

Fact is that Crucials would be higher quality and could have a black poowdercoat option

Interested, but +1 on would need info on final price, discounted or otherwise, and would def. want it to be quiet. I like a sporty car, but the enjoyability drops off pretty fast on a 400 mile trip across montana if the engine is droning in my ears the whole time.

I don't care how it looks at all. I want quiet performance at a good price. I assume longer hangers would allow any straight tip exhaust to fit on an XT.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

If you are looking to be competitive to the Megan Racing exhaust $wise then I am in... with partial payment...

One more question... Will you be able to swap the stockers back on? This would be great for those that want loud some of the time...

I think the goal of this exhaust is to be mild and not wild, so there would be no reason to switch the stockers back on.

Waiting to see Crucial High flow catted downpipe that they say is forth coming. Any news on that?

Well you can already get this from Crucial. You need to purchase the Shorty DP and then the HFC midpipe off their sight and it together becomes their High Flow Catted Downpipe.

Matt -

Borla CBE or Prodrive ABE levels are fine by me. And truthfully, as long as we stay on the WRX side of the "WRX to Stromung" spectrum that you had originally stated, I'm good-to-go.

And as long as Jeremy says 4-tips and that it'll be relatively quiet, I'll trust him - and will put down money to fund the project.

:)

-A

Cool I think I will start a count of the folks that would be willing to "invest" in this project. For kicks lets start the list at like $250-300 up front now to get it started.

Would you be willing to do that?

Yes:

1)Mblock66 (Matt)

2)Tsi+Wrx (Allen) - Are you ok with the above $ amount?

3)Wukindada (Jeff) - Ok with $, wants wagon fit, 2.75+ piping, no resonators

4)

5)

6)

7)

Archived