LegacyGT.com

Angel Eyes ... finally here

GeorgeB

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My friend, I have had angel eyes on my car for around a year, which I installed myself. I have had my headlights apart twice now. I am quite familiar with how to disassenble and reassemble my headlights. I too baked my headlights after installing my angel eyes. However, you only need to do so for about 5-7 minutes. Even if you went longer only the outer skins and housing get very hot. The inner parts holding the angel eyes and such don't really get hot in that short period of time. My point is that on a hot summer day, when your car is left out in the sun for many hours the superglue might start to breakdown. If you are fine with it, that's ok with me. Just warning you of a potential problem.

I'd recommend against superglue as well. Not only for Boostjunkie's cited concerns, but also as they can form vapor deposits during curing and permanently "haze" plastics. Additionally, due to their highly "liquid" nature, they can easily cause mated parts to "slip" during critical setting, creating a mess...

Try to find super-fast-setting epoxy - you'll want something that starts to really "gel" within 30 seconds, and will set at well under two minutes, max. This should allow you more than enough time to properly build any "bridges" extending from your light housing to the halo ring, and will allow you some movement in finalizing placement.

Black or white would be preferable, if I had to do mine over again, as the "clear" type tends to yellow with heat exposure.

And let all of our lessons translate to your next install - be sure to give enough "freedom of movement" to your rings so that they don't crack! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

ahhh not again :lol:

it was super glue , which at the moment seemed the best choice . it was sundey afternoon and there was no hardware shop opened. so , if thay will fall off, i hope the won't , i'll reopen the case and use some poxypol or something like that .

Tide didn't answer my PM. Is this Group Buy for real? I'm asking because I've already contacted Paul at AVO and he can get these very same halo rings from Gialla in Japan. His cost is $150 bucks per set. Don't have a final price with shipping yet.

I'm not trying to be pushy. Just pointing out that it's obvious there is enough interest to support a GB. Using Paul & AVO is a perfectly good alternative to having Tide purchase a bunch himself. Unless the price is much more attractive. Has anybody seen any pricing info yet??????

Heh heh. Sorry - I'm a newb to this place. http://jsalmi.com/images/headbanger.gif

ahhh not again :lol:

it was super glue , which at the moment seemed the best choice . it was sundey afternoon and there was no hardware shop opened. so , if thay will fall off, i hope the won't , i'll reopen the case and use some poxypol or something like that .

well at leastt nea' mitica, vasile, gheorghe and ion will wonder how complicated the subaru is as opposed to their 1970 dacia 1300 :lol:

hahahhahaha......maybe they upgraded to the 1310. :lol: but you can aleast count of having a dacia parts store everywhere.....especially in bucharest

Ex '05 Legacy GT

You sent a PM yes, but you didn't ask me a question, so not sure what I'm to respond to. :p When I get ahold of a distributor and get a firm order, I'll update everyone with details. :)

Tide didn't answer my PM. Is this Group Buy for real? I'm asking because I've already contacted Paul at AVO and he can get these very same halo rings from Gialla in Japan. His cost is $150 bucks per set. Don't have a final price with shipping yet.

I'm not trying to be pushy. Just pointing out that it's obvious there is enough interest to support a GB. Using Paul & AVO is a perfectly good alternative to having Tide purchase a bunch himself. Unless the price is much more attractive. Has anybody seen any pricing info yet??????

Ok, got a distributor, but they need a part # or other information before calling and placing the order. They say that Gialla makes the parts on demand usually (I dont know if that's true in this case) and it would be 2-4 weeks + shipping. I need to make a group buy forum sometime.

Anyways, if someone could figure out the Gialla part # or official name it would really help me out -- need to get out of the office here and pick up dinner for tonight. :)

well at leastt nea' mitica, vasile, gheorghe and ion will wonder how complicated the subaru is as opposed to their 1970 dacia 1300 :lol:

Damn these Romanians are sprouting up EVERYWHERE. I just learnt NightHawk - from Chicago and fellow GT owner is Romanian.

Anyways George...pune o poza dincolo sa moara IMPULS de ciuda !

Damn these Romanians are sprouting up EVERYWHERE. I just learnt NightHawk - from Chicago and fellow GT owner is Romanian.

Anyways George...pune o poza dincolo sa moara IMPULS de ciuda !

am pus ... am pus pana si pe forumul bmw ... si sa citez de acolo :

"

GeorgeB, nu vreau sa te superi, dar e la fel cu o Dacie cu sigla BMW sau cu un 520i cu sigla de M5... In aceeasi categorie. Desigur, gusturile fiecaruia difera.

Angel eyes e o semnatura a BMW, nu?

Daca da, atunci nu inteleg de ce ti-ai dori pe subaru o semnatura BMW. Nu iti doresti si o sigla BMW, nu? De ce atunci angel eyes?

Sper sa nu mi-o iei in nume de rau, daca iti spun ce cred."

asta zicea admin ul

daca ma intelegi :) ce mama ciorilor , ma lupt cu ei pana la moarte :D

Archived