LegacyGT.com

Angel Eyes ... finally here

GeorgeB

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me this is rice.....:D

This is t3h NICE !

George how much were they - U$D value please.

George...did you get those bulbs - Phillips something ? Most people are going at great lengths to get Osram (NOT Sylvannia) Silverstars over here !

Guest *Jedimaster*
around 110 - 120$ here without install . tomorrow i'll get a full quota on them . i have phillips blue vision installed since last week ;) about 30% better

Give us a website so we can set up a group buy. A vendor came out with a set a while ago, but they looked a bit crappy and were really fragile.

i found that thread while looking for a angeleye mounting tutorial . gimme a day to talk to the guy . don't know though if you can purchase via website . i'll ask and come back tomorrow . edit : these are not fragile . the fragile glasstube is inserted into a plastic mesh . they are really tough ;) close up pic :

2127206719_P1010004.jpg.9530155204846b560df02c5cb2f92fb7.jpg

Give us a website so we can set up a group buy. A vendor came out with a set a while ago, but they looked a bit crappy and were really fragile.

Ummmmm.. riiiiiiiight:icon_roll I have the ones from the other vendor and they look like crap alright... NOT! Maybe that's why I get stopped by people all the time asking who makes them and how sweet they look. Here's the evidence:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/a009.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SWRX/029.jpg

Guest *Jedimaster*
Ummmmm.. riiiiiiiight:icon_roll I have the ones from the other vendor and they look like crap alright... NOT! Maybe that's why I get stopped by people all the time asking who makes them and how sweet they look. Here's the evidence:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/a009.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SWRX/029.jpg

Let me rephrase: They don't look crappy on the car, just look crappy in their contruction.

I somewhat agree that they should be sheathed to protect the CCFL tubes. Doing so does change the look once installed. I personally like the thin, almost invisible look of the naked CCFL tube when off. It will look much more obvious with a polycarbonate shield around it. Having said all that, I did not find the RPM angel eyes overly fragile and I has no problems whatsoever with the installation.

I somewhat agree that they should be sheathed to protect the CCFL tubes. Doing so does change the look once installed. I personally like the thin, almost invisible look of the naked CCFL tube when off. It will look much more obvious with a polycarbonate shield around it. Having said all that, I did not find the RPM angel eyes overly fragile and I has no problems whatsoever with the installation.

I agree with Boostjunkie that they aren't as fragile as some of those had said they were. I had no problems installing mine, and haven't broken any of the rings that I've installed or helped to install.

I can somewhat see what people mean about them being fragile, but just by holding them you can tell just by feel how much pressure to apply on them before they break, but they won't just break off in your hand, you really have to put pressure on them that you shouldn't be.

Yeah, they are fragile. Out of six, I have one left, but at least they are both finally working. Hey, at least I can drop the bumper and pull a headlight in about 30 minutes now. Note to the RPM Halo installers, do not attempt to "wrap" the bulbs closer to the projector housing...they will break. Just lay them into place and glue. CJ

I think a better design might be a flexible tube of densely packed LEDs. Sort of like the rope lights you can buy, but way more LEDs.

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Luxomissle waGONE

I ended up tapping into the passenger side marker light for on. Did you use the fog light? I'm tempted to run a line to the dash with a switch (anyone find a switch which match our interiors?). Where's the best place to get power from then? Any ACC lines? Thanks. CJ

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Luxomissle waGONE

I ended up tapping into the passenger side marker light for on. Did you use the fog light? I'm tempted to run a line to the dash with a switch (anyone find a switch which match our interiors?). Where's the best place to get power from then? Any ACC lines? Thanks. CJ

I used the fog lights as the turn-on trigger for the angel eyes relay. I also modified the fog light relay wiring to allow them to be turned on whenever the key is in the "ON" position.

Archived