LegacyGT.com

Angel Eyes ... finally here

GeorgeB

i want first to mount them on my legacy , then if they fit cousy i'll give you an update . you know he will send them from here (romania ) right ? :) for a group buy , the best thing would be for a large order to be sent in one place in the US , then distributed there . just a thought though .

Ok, now that we've seen what they look like (well, sort of - how 'bout some better pics :) ) - what are the chances of getting a GB for these? How many and how much $$$?

From what we've seen so far, they look awesome!!

Also - did you follow the instructions posted in this forum or did they come with?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any plans for anybody to offer these in amber?

I like the look of these acrylic cased ones, but I would like something that looks a little closer in color temp to a (BMW) OEM setup... and more like amber parking lights. 2700-3500k would be nice.

I think it would be cool to set up an arrangement that parking lights would be the rings only. (although I did like the little slit of light in the markers in the above pics...)

Then the side indicators would be turn signals only, or perhaps come on with the low beams (when the rings get drowned out by the headlights).

the parking lights now have phillips blue vision and they still have some yellow/amber in them :-/ for mounting : took out the fender , clips only. the headlight housing has 2 bolts on top , 2 clips , 3 bolts on bottom . although 2 bolts hold a metal grind that is not neccesary to come off. the headlight went into the oven at 120C ( about 250F) for 10 minutes , after the about 8-10 screws where unscrewed . the ring was mounted onto the outer shape of the lower beam. fixed with super glue. 2 holes where drilled , then filled with silicon . those where the holes that the wires need . i got power from the parking light bulb , just jamming the ends in there ;) no problems . the drosers where fixed with "soricei" (have no ideea how to translate this :blush:) those plastic things ... and that was that . i talked to the guy that sells these , there must be minimum 10 buyers , and we can ship to one location . i mean , that one of you will get 10 pieces then he'll ship them amongst you . the price is about 120-125 US . the euro is fluctuating here and so is the euro - dollar quota :( + shipping wich i have no ideea how much is .

now for the after story :D after i got the second headlight in i was damn excited to see them both light, so i turned the light on . that's when i nearlly shat my self . the two rigs where at different intensity :-/ the on on the car was visibly dimmed . i checked all the wires , all the monting ... nothing . the it camed to me . the headlight that was on the car sat there at minus xx degres C for about 1 hour . the other one was fresh out of the oven :D so that was that

i was hoping for sooner, but i guess i shall just have to wait :), i am definately in for these at the quoted price, slightly above, or way below :)

+1, I was going to be baking my lights to clear the corners & install either these or the RPM DDEs but have to do it before getting a clearbra installed and wanted to do it in the next couple of months....June/July sounds pretty far off....how bad could shipping be for one shipment?

George - if we get at least ten (I think that would be pretty easy to do), can you find out what the cost + shipping would be?

Hi everybody!

I'm Marty, the guy who supplied the angel eyes to George.

I understood that you are interested to purchase some of these. In order to provide a correct pricing, I need to know where do you want me to send the parts. If any of you has an account with UPS, FedEx, DHL, Emery or other express shipper, I can send the goods on collect basis (only for the shipping, of course). For cheaper shipment you should order more sets at once.

Now, have you thought about how am I supposed to get payd for the goods ? :) I know, the things are a bit delicate, you don't want to pay for something that you can't see or touch, I don't trust a guy 10.000 miles away that he will give me the money as soon as he gets the goods. :) I hope you're getiing the point and you won't consider that an insult!

So, we'll keep intouch!

Marty.

Welcome :D

PM'd ya...........

(About getting vendor status before selling on the boards)

Holly cow!!!!!! SORRY, I haven't thought about that!

I'm gonna edit my post right away!!!!

No man no worries, most people don't......I was just giving you a heads up. The more vendors and products we have the better....you can go on with what you are do'n...just state that you are applying for vendor status....then all is good ;)

Just politics ;)

Like I said, these are awesome....we thank George for bring'n you here.....go apply and start selling ;)

We know Jedi's in for a set.....

Guest *Jedimaster*
Hi everybody!

I'm Marty, the guy who supplied the angel eyes to George.

I understood that you are interested to purchase some of these.

So, we'll keep intouch!

Marty.

Like the scans said- I'm down.

don't mean to step on anyones toes, but I followed up on post #48 in this thread by al-gorythm. I contacted Paul at AVO. He confirmed a price of $150 bucks for the parts only. He's checking on a shipped price.

It would probably be easier and "cleaner" to get these from a certified LGT.com vendor like AVO. I'm gonna start a new thread to see about the GB interest.

Archived