LegacyGT.com

You Must Be Kidding Me!

SLegacy99

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have had it! Im still dealing with my speedo problem and tonight I get a flashing CEL. What does the flashing mean?
The flashing CEL on your 1999 Legacy indicates a severe misfire has been detected.

What, exactly, is your speedo problem?

I know this will sound funny but it's happend on my '98. With the engine running look at the crank pully and see if it's wobbling at all. Better yet, just get a 23mm socket and breaker bar and make sure the bolt that holds the pulley is tight. Yes this bolt being loose has caused a flashing CEL because the eninge precives this vibration as a knock.

Well damn my night went down the shitter too...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26923

Your problem with the CEL light might lie also with the 02 sensor in the exhaust, if its on the go it will cause the CEL to go off and for the car to be sluggish.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Your car is 7 years old. I dont know if you were the only owner or not but you never know how it may have been treated before you. Sorry man, sounds like you got some problems. Good Luck

A 4'11" Chilean woman owned before me.....I think thats the reason my clutched burned up at 70,000 miles. I had only had it for 1000 and I was no newbie to manual transmission so it wasnt me.

I did take the car to Subaru today. $60 to run a diagnostic test even though the CEL turned off. Sorry I dont think so. Thats a used text book. :icon_mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. I am deeming this the most expensive car ever.

New fog light: $250.

That costs as much as the new bumper I need.

Today I am pissed beyond words. Turns out that the speed sensor didnt need replacing, and that they never need it in the '99 Legacies. Its the speedo that has to be replaced. $200ish in the toilet. Thanks Concordeville Subaru. You shoulda have known!

So I take it you're now in WC?? There's an Autozone in Thorndale on Bus. rt. 30, they read codes for free.

I have a code reader, but I don't think the wife would appreciate some stranger showing up at my house.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived