LegacyGT.com

You Must Be Kidding Me!

SLegacy99

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but didnt you say some old lady owned it before you? A lot can happen between owners :)

Thats correct, for about 20,000 miles.

Current Status: Legacy repaired. They knocked about $130 off. THe speedo itself was $150, still dont think I should be the one paying for that. However, the odometer was supposed to be set at the factory and it wasnt so I have started all over again. :icon_ques Still analog though, was hoping it would be a digital.

Thats correct, for about 20,000 miles.

Current Status: Legacy repaired. They knocked about $130 off. THe speedo itself was $150, still dont think I should be the one paying for that. However, the odometer was supposed to be set at the factory and it wasnt so I have started all over again. :icon_ques Still analog though, was hoping it would be a digital.

Um thats not good, if you try to sell the car you'll run into milage fraud

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
with my 99 lgt i had blown headgasket, mssfireing 3 and 4 psitions, had to replace upper and lower radiator hoses and blew tire on a pot hole goin 60 around a turn and coll aitr sensor and still waitin on that tire and mean while drivin my 92 legacy which i have replaced the clutch twice and cv joints once...lol did it myself saved me shat load of money

Acz you were right. The fogs dont fit. However I think I can do a good enough job to get em in. Just waitin on a new bumper.
Good luck with getting them in there! If you do it'll look pretty pimp on your red

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have actually had similar issues. My CEL was on for awhile but without any noticable issues in performance so I stupidly let it slide. Then for awhile I had no speedo or odometer, but still no driving issues, and after about a week or so of intermittent outtages the issue seemed to go away.

Started again this weekend, only now my (5 sp 1999 2.5GT) car would die while in neutral and going slow, then it got worse to doing it whenever I was stopped and the clutch would be shaking alot, have to rev the engine to keep from stalling.

It's in the garage right now, the ignition coil was breaking down or something which might be the cause of the stalling, I will find out the rest in a day or so regarding the speedo/CEL

Final verdict: I had my master cylinder for the clutch replaced by the shop I bought the car from a few months ago. According to my new mechanic, in the process of taking everything out they mangled the speedometer connection and did a kindergarden job of "fixing" it. The wires are all green and corroded, put in with tape, etc.

The CEL was on due to misfiring, most likely from the ignition coil.

Now this is interesting because you have had the same 3 major problems that I had.

My master cylinder had to be replaced after my clutch when they should have been done together.

Question their work on the speedometer. After spending alot of $$$ I found out that the speedometer unit itself on these Legacies just goes bad.

My misfire was because of inocorrect spark plugs. NGKs only.

You have motivated me to revise my letter concerning my speedometer. Therefore I must ask anyone who expirienced problems with the speedometer on their '99 Legacy write a letter to SOA and let them know that this is intolerable.

Now this is interesting because you have had the same 3 major problems that I had.

My master cylinder had to be replaced after my clutch when they should have been done together.

Question their work on the speedometer. After spending alot of $$$ I found out that the speedometer unit itself on these Legacies just goes bad.

My misfire was because of inocorrect spark plugs. NGKs only.

When they replaced the cylinder they told me the clutch looked just fine, now im unsure whether to trust that or not. However, with the whole "it's AWD, everything has to come out!" approach for clutch replacements, this will have to be shelved as I'm not experienced enough yet with cars and can't afford the labor charges.

I should probably replace the sparkplugs anyways, no idea how to. I hate to say its because im a girl, but ive honestly never had to do this for myself before.

Archived