LegacyGT.com

Bring TDC Backout

enthusiast

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for those of you anxious for numbers- here's what I left with:

344hp/ 357 tq, using sae correction. (which is pretty worthless IMO- Sae correction is about 50% too high- it was designed for normally aspirated cars)

The actual #s, the ones that really matter, were around 273hp/ 295 tq to the wheels, uncorrected.

Unfortunately, after a couple hours with my car, Jon realized that I had a blow off valve problem that wasn't allowing the car to go higher than about 17.5 lbs of boost, and there was no way I could get a bov to install in time.

So, I'll be working on that this week and then he's going to finish the tune via e-mailing data logs etc.

Overall it was a fun experience- nice to meet rtp, jmanzs and Jon.

The best news is I made the drive back to telluride without a single ticket- now that's a first!

I'll post further results and updated #s after I get the new bov and get tuned up.

TJ

Hi All... thought I'd chime in.

As always, Jon performed his magic in a truely professional manner. MACAutosport was a great host and the guys there really enjoy what they do. It was a great combination all the way around.

We put on the AVO Wastegate Actuator before my first pulls. It feels much more consistent than my helper spring mod... and I certainly feel better not having such a gamble type mod on my car.

I haven't received my graphs yet, but I came in at 260whp and 332 torque on my final pull. It was pretty warm, so we did a couple of highway pulls and Jon eeked out some more.

One of the best things about Jon's tune (as with previous ones) is how smooth it is. Cobb's base tune just didn't have it and with the helper spring mod it was just too erratic. I'm very impressed with TDC.

It was good to meet PunksGT and Telluride. It's always good to meet folks from the board. Hope everything turned out good for you all.

I wish I would have had the chance to meet Jon, but I just wanted to thank him again for coming out. My car I take it did fairly well. The cooling Mac has set up from what I understand is garbage, so my car was getting really hot. It sounds like everyone had a hard time due to the heat? Through all this jon was able to get 374/375 out of my car. I think it may actually be a little more powerful on the street though. I finally just had the chance to drive it since being tuned, the tranny blew up the following day. So its freshly rebuilt and hopefully stronger :icon_twis.

Im waiting on axels, fuel rails, and a cusco rear diff and then its race gas map time, and time for Jon to make another trip to Denver.

Archived