LegacyGT.com

Bring TDC Backout

enthusiast

telluride_tj,

We are short 2 slots at this point. I'm still willing to delay a couple more weeks if we need to. I don't know about rtp and Jonny though. Jon probably can't get a decent airfare if he doesn't book earlier than two weeks in advance.

Who did your tune in Boulder and why are you unhappy with it? All of Jon's tunes have received rave reviews!

I'm assuming you have a tj wrangler? I do too!

thanks,

Paul

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul,

I didn't even know about this event until I sold my Perrin tmic to enthusiast yesterday, or I probably would have signed up weeks ago. Unfortunately, my budget is pretty much blown, and not only that, I dread the 350 mile drive each way, especially since I've gotten three tickets in the past 3 weeks!

I'm going to try to talk to Jon about maybe trying one of his off the shelf 20G maps, to see if that makes an improvement, if not, I'll probably make the trip out.

I don't want to mention my tuner (yet)- he's a nice guy and obviously tried, but I'm just not convinced it's at it's potential. For example, he said he can't tune over 17 psi because of heat soak, but I know of lots of other guys running the 20g with a tmic and up to 22 psi. After it's retuned, and I compare #s, I'll know for sure. For the record, I got 288/300 to the wheels, using SAE correction minus 10%. Most tuners use the full SAE correction, so their #s will be 10% higher.

BTW, I'm not sure what you mean by tj wrangler???

Tom

Tom,

I just assumed your user name referred to a Jeep Wrangler when I saw telluride and TJ. A TJ is the most recent iteration of the Wrangler model. A lot of jeeps are in Telluride. Sorry it was a bad assumption:lol:

I'll probably go with one of Jon's off the shelf maps too if this dyno day doesn't fly.

3 tickets in 3 weeks!!! Whoa! You better slow down there Tom! Actually, just last night me and my buddy were test driving a 2003 C5 Corvette and my buddy got pulled over. He was entering the highway and took off full throttle from the stoplight at the entrance of the onramp and we didn't notice the El Paso County Sheriffs car right behind us (very stupid)! We hit 100 mph when the cruisers lights went on! After quite a lecture on fast cars he let us go with just a warning. We laughed about it but we could have been in a lot of trouble! I'm glad I wasn't driving the vette at that time. It was an incredible car though!

Paul

I'm on the fence, but am leaning towards coming out for the tune. I assume I'm the missing link- in other words, if I don't commit, it's off.

RE: the tickets- what a joke! Three tickets in three weeks all for 10 over, and all within 20 miles of Buena Vista- let this be a warning to any drivers that go anywhere near that pathetic town!

Tom

I wasn't refering to you. There been others that have said that they were in and now that we need to pay up these people haven't stepped forward. I hope we can get this thing together. I have been trying for some time now to get this done. I think Jon was trying to get five people signed up. If your in that makes four and maybe we can see if Jon would still be interested.

Come on guys lets make this thing happen ASAP so Jon can buy a ticket.

Jonny

Jonny - I'm tired of trying. I've posted this on ClubWRX, Nasioc and awdpirates trying to get this done. I am very pissed at these losers that commit to something only to be complete no-shows at the last minute.:icon_mad: I realize it's their money to with what they want but they should at least have the balls to let the rest of us know they aren't interested instead of just letting us hang.

F&*%ers!!!!! I hope they get their tunes alright and a big friggin hole in a piston too!

I'm especially pissed because we put this off for two of these guys to get their mods done. I have pm'ed and e-mailed fastWRX at least 3 times and his friend another time and do you think I've received any replies? Hell no! I have his phone number but it's not worth it to call him. I figure I know the story already and I don't even want to associate with anyone like this. Am I being harsh? Probably. Am I being honest about how I feel? Definitely!

I needed to vent!:icon_twis

I haven't asked Jon for a refund yet because I'm willing to wait a bit longer in case others are interested. Jon's had my money so long I haven't even missed it.:lol: I figure in a couple of weeks I may just buy one of his off the shelf tunes and have some dollars left over for him to review some data logs and tweak my map so that I know the car is running as best and safe as possible.

Jonny I appreciate you and rtp for staying in there and trying to make this happen. You are up & up guys.

Paul

ok guys

lemmie see whats goin down here

we have 4 tunes to do

i have 6 hours on friday booked

and whatever i want on sat

so johnny , rtp, and punks i can do on friday

then on sat i can to telluride

good bad?

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Jon

Sounds good to me. Does anyone else have any issues with the schedule on Friday? Is Saturday good for you Tom? Now how about everyone posting in on how this works for them and we can get this set in stone with Jon. Then we won't have to worry about the other guys who jumped ship. We can always post in when we are done with our ProTunes and make them feel even worse. HE HE HE

Jonny

Wow! You guys are awesome! I thought for sure this was a dead deal. telluride_tj you are the man! I appreciate it so much that you've jumped in at the last second.

Jon - thanks for making the trip with only the four tunes scheduled so far. Maybe once word gets out that this is definitely a go others will want you to perform your magic on their cars! Jon - a Friday tune for my car sounds good but I can be flexible and do either day if it helps you out. Maybe if we wrap up early on Saturday we can take you to dinner/lunch before you fly out or show you some sights around Denver.

It sounds like Jonny is planning to hook you up on a ride and accomodations? You are more than welcome to stay with me but you'd be on the road a bit more since I'm in Colorado Springs about 65 miles south of Denver. Whatever you need though!

thanks guys!

Hrm... Denver... hrm... 567 miles... hrm... $160.00 in gas... hrm...
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Jon

I could pick you up from the Airport. Friday night and the rest of the weekend I have family coming in town so needless to say I will be busy the rest of the weekend.

Punks

If you could provide a place for the night that would be sweet and I'm sure we can get someone to give Jon a ride to the Airport.

Everyone else

Please chime in and let us know what's up. Let's get everything set in stone so Jon doesn't have to worry about what's going on when he gets here. Rides from the Airport and a place to stay and what not.

Thanks guys

Jonny

Hi guys- either Friday or Saturday would work for me, but I would prefer Friday- I have to fly up to Seattle going standby on Saturday and an early morning flight is much easier than afternoon. If anybody wants to switch their Friday slot for my Saturday, let me know- otherwise I'm flexible.

Tom

How about this guys:

I'll have my car tuned on Saturday and Tom can have my Friday slot. I can take Jon to the airport for his departing flight. I don't mind putting him up but I hate to have him on the road so much since I live in the Springs.

Jon can stay at enthusiast's place on Friday night. Thanks enthusiast!

If one of the guys getting tuned on Friday can pick Jon up at the airport then I think we have everything covered.

What do you all think about treating Jon to dinner and beers on Friday night?

Paul

my reasoning for telluride on sat was to have extra time if necessary

seeing as his tune is the most difficult. I should be able to bang it out in no time

but i was erring on the safe side.

I dont care when how or who goes when, you ladies talk it out and ill tune whatever whenever.

and yea, im gonna need free dinner for this one!!!

LOL

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Tom,

I'm not sure what time you need to be there. We didn't get that far. Jon has 6 hours reserved on the dyno on Friday but I'm not sure at what time he wants to start. I guess we need to coordinate time slots for Friday and Saturday. I'm flexible on Saturday so all Jon needs to do is let me know what time.

I wonder how much time we each get or how many dyno pulls?

Jon - tell us tell us!!!!!!!

Paul

Archived