LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

Help please! I disconnected the white plug & now instead of my HIDs flickering when the ebrake is released and the lights are off they flicker when the ebrake is on and the lights are off? :confused:

I just installed the HIDs today! I want to not have my lights switched on all the time and the freedom to put Day time lighting at my own will!

I only disconnected one plug!

just did it! man that middle plastic "attachment" was pain in the neck!!!! took me at least 10 mins (this is the first time i "mod" a car... so didn't want to break anything). the fact that i have a tiny garage didn't help either. anyway i took a pic... the white connector is located on the left and the black one on the right (not shown on the pic), both of which are connected to the thing with green label.

thanks!

DRL_2.jpg.faa56ed6bbd95be5a2958d612a1c8588.jpg

This Space For Rent

It helps if you have the proper tool - a panel popper. They are $7 at the auto parts store. A must-have if you are taking trim off your car and don't want to break stuff.

do i need one for my carputer project?

It's a godsend if you are removing trim fasteners inside, under the car, or under the hood. I have two of them....I use them all the time.

Here is a set that covers everything:

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/334477_lg.jpg

Here is a $10 one from Crutchfield.com:

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/lifestyle/2000/h18187650.jpeg

I bought a cheap 'AC Delco' brand one that has a screwdriver handle and shank, then small, flat piece at the end, similar to these Matco versions:

http://www.matcotools.com/ProductImages/DPT2.jpg

just did it! man that middle plastic "attachment" was pain in the neck!!!! took me at least 10 mins (this is the first time i "mod" a car... so didn't want to break anything). the fact that i have a tiny garage didn't help either. anyway i took a pic... the white connector is located on the left and the black one on the right (not shown on the pic), both of which are connected to the thing with green label.

thanks!

Yeah, it might be a pain - even reaching there.... I had to bend some how sort of Yoga thing to see if I'm disconnecting a wright thing and I used flat screwdriver to pop-up that tiny latch which is holding connector after that I bouhgt my self inspection mirror- helpfull in lot of situations:)

Forgot to mention that I unplugged the DRLs on my '05 LGT yesterday....also got rid of the annoying seat belt chime!

How do you get rid of the seat belt chime? I wouldn't mind it if it activated only when driving, but it goes off while the ebrake is on...thats just silly.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this thread seemed to go on for ever, but I still want to disable my DRL for all the reasons stated previously. My only question is : does anyone know what the law is here in Canada ? almost all cars have DRL of one sort or another, I don't want to get a ticket for such a lame ass thing as lights.

Thanks guys, this site is great, the seatbelt thing was bugging me until I joined this forum too.

Legasee -- Yes, you retain full functionality of your factor gauge cluster illumination.

As soon as you engage the parking/marker lamps via your stalk switch, the gauge cluster and supplementary info. panels will go in to "night" mode, just as if you haven't done the mod.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...

yay! i finally got this done. took me about 20 mins because i'm clumsy and i'm short to boot! (being short means the seat is closer to the steering wheel, leaving less room for maneuvering down in the footwell to do all this)

works great and now i can pull into my driveway without announcing it to everyone inside the house that i'm home. bad news is that the alarm folks apparently lost one of the screw-in things to hold in the panel and bent the popit almost flat when they installed the alarm. oh well. :redface:

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious...what is the BLACK connector for?? I pulled it out by accident while reaching under there. I put it back immediately and pulled the WHITE one out. Total time of like 90 seconds. No more annoying DRL when I don't need them.:p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I can't believe you guys drive around at night on DRLs and don't notice the interior lights blazing at full strength.

agreed, thats how i know to turn the headlights on, when your gauge cluster is brighter than your DRLs you should figure out whats up and turn on your headlights

Anybody know a simple way to add a bell that goes "ding-dong" when you turn off the car with the lights on - you know - like most cars used to have? I've already disabled the DRLs but would like the reminder bell.

Anybody know a simple way to add a bell that goes "ding-dong" when you turn off the car with the lights on - you know - like most cars used to have? I've already disabled the DRLs but would like the reminder bell.

you can't leave the lights on in our cars without the key in the ignition.

If you have the lights turned on, as soon as you remove the key they automatically turn off, so their is no need for the bell.