LegacyGT.com

WOW... another great BS story from "the floor guy"...

Those floor guys at that dealer (I'm pretty sure I know the one) are miserable. I just try to ignore them when I'm in for service but it's hard when you get an aggressive one. Just tell them you only buy from the internet department- they usually don't like internet sales.:icon_bigg

tom :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
This reminds me of a thread I started a while back speculating that some dealers would be willing accept deposits on '08 Legacy STi's. You can skip over the posts of a certain member from Australia, who seemed to totally miss the point of the thread (although in his defense, maybe Australian dealers are more ethical than USA dealers).

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18059

I rarely read those posts- half the time they are something like "G'Day and welcome to the site- IM sure UR going to love it here".

Product knowledge used to be a high priority....A$$hole sales managers changed all that;)

The other thing that makes it tough is the Mega dealer....selling 3..4...5... sometimes more different brands.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I actually went to another car maker today here in Oz and was amazed they knew more CORRECT information than I. Usually when I ask questions they just look at me blankly but seriously, great feedback.

Just doing some R&D for work....

Ada///M.

This reminds me of a thread I started a while back speculating that some dealers would be willing accept deposits on '08 Legacy STi's. You can skip over the posts of a certain member from Australia, who seemed to totally miss the point of the thread (although in his defense, maybe Australian dealers are more ethical than USA dealers).

didn't you hear? Said person bought a Legacy STi already. <wink wink>

incentives are unchanged for January for the most part. now 2005 Legacy's have $2000 rebate and no dealer cash.

there is no dealer cash on 2005 models now.

here are the rebates on 2005 models

$2000 legacy

$2000 outback

$1500 Forester X and XS

$2000 Forester XT

$500 IMpreza RS

$1500 WRX (non STI)

$1000 Outback Sport

$1000 Baja Sport

$750 Baja Turbo

Sure after the massive success of the Spec B, I am sure Subaru will rush right out and offer up a Legacy STi which doesn't exist now anywhere in the world.

I'm hoping that after the tepid response to the Spec.B, Subaru will realize that more people would be interested in a "performance" Legacy (STi) than a "bling" Legacy (Spec.B).

Before I bought my Legacy, I spent a lot of time test driving other makes - Honda, Toyota, Scion, Dodge, Chevy, and Mitsubishi. Most of the salesmen were clueless about mechanical or performance information. But the worst by far was the Chevy guy that told me there was no such thing as a 4-door N/A Cobalt SS. Then I actually had to help him navigate their online inventory system to show him the one they had in stock :-p That guy made my brain hurt.

I honestly do think that SOA shot themselves in the foot a bit. Nav should be optional. That all by itself is a 2000$ chunk off of the markup, which is not inconsequential.

I think that is right on the money.

You should point that BS turkey here!

http://www.fitzmall.com/carfind/resultsb.asp?Search=NEW&ID=S207084&photo=SU066AS&loc=LFO&mall=GA&year=2006&mk_code=SU

You know what the funny thing is, most people should probably use Fitzmall's price to match to see if their dealer will match it. With the spec. B, its already fully loaded, with very few extra options possible, so models at different dealers will pretty much be identical, therefore the dealer can't say any BS like...this one has red leather and this one doesn't so we can't match the price.

I think that is right on the money.

yup. I would have seriously considered it if it was 2k less. no way in hell i was paying a 4k markup since I could care less about nav and will likely swap suspension and wheels anyway. 2k markup for nicer wheels and suspension from the factory and a cool leather color I could probably do.

I am still at a loss for words why I can't sell the Spec B below invoice. $32,500....Bueler, bueler, bueler......

If the Spec.B had black leather, I would have considered replacing my '05 LGT-L MT5 sedan.

The NAV is a plus for me

The upgraded suspension/wheels are a small plus for me

The lipstick leather is a huge minus for me, and the reason that I wouldn't want a Spec.B at almost any price.

If a LegSTi is introduced with performance upgrades similar in scope to the differences between a WRX and a WRX STi, I'd be willing to pay $35,000 for it and would almost certainly get it in its first year.

If the Spec.B had black leather, I would have considered replacing my '05 LGT-L MT5 sedan.

The NAV is a plus for me

The upgraded suspension/wheels are a small plus for me

The lipstick leather is a huge minus for me, and the reason that I wouldn't want a Spec.B at almost any price.

If a LegSTi is introduced with performance upgrades similar in scope to the differences between a WRX and a WRX STi, I'd be willing to pay $35,000 for it and would almost certainly get it in its first year.

You could get the leather changed pretty easily...about $900 I think it was the leather company we use charges to do it including their lifetime warranty.

I have often thought about that...

Ramsey has a nice Black on Black 5MT 2006 Legacy GT. Marked down from 30.2k, to 25.9k. perhaps test drive miles.

I have thought about going in there (once miata is paid off in a couple months...) and arranging the following.

I will pay 25k even for the car, and want the trunklid swapped, or something, to delete the spoiler. (I want the k2 spoiler, and no holes to fill)

I want 9K for my trade in 4x4 ranger. (some of that going to pay the ranger off, like 2.5k)

So, baseline after trade would be ~18.5k. I'd probably have 2k Down payment... 16.5k.

Then here's what to have the dealer add back in... Compass/Homelink auto-dimming mirror, Security upgrade, and all-weather floor mats. Also throw in the Spec B red leather Seats, and door panels at cost from the parts department. Install said red leather seats/panels. After sitting in a Spec B, I really do think that the leather is a classy edition, especially since it is a darker, muted red. I'd want to keep the black leather peices, though (to sell to someone here, and recoup a bit of that cash :D )

Anybody have the part number prices on those leather bits? Front seats, rear bottom and back cusions, and 4 door panels? Maybe after recouping ~80% of that for the sale of the unused black leather seats with upgraded airbags, I can use that to buy a 20mm rear swaybar. and lon or Swift/STI springs, and toward new wheels/tires. Maybe a red stitched STI-badged steering wheel... (resell the original, of course...) :lol:

I wonder if that arrangement would come in costing me less than financing that extra $10k principal with the associated interest, from paying MSRP on the actual Spec B, versus the incentive on the LGT.

I'd have myself a Black Spec B, without the limited production number plaque, and without the Nav that I don't really need...

I wonder how it would look if I substituted the Obsidian Black car with a Garnet Red LGT sedan... Would the dark red Leather look good with the paint.... Hmmm....

Although I do read from the reviews by members here, that the Spec B Alu suspension and Bilstein dampers are nicer than the LGT OE stuff, and I think someone mentioned that those parts alone cost over $4k...

Decisions, Decisions... Here's hoping the Spec B suspension and 6MT comes standard on the LGT for 2007. Or at least a BTO option package... That is how it should have been done from the beginning, anyway.

If the Spec B were offered in three or four colors, with NAV optional, and deducted from the MSRP, I would be having no problems.

Titanium silver, Obsidian Black, Garnet Red, and Regal Blue (with black leather)... and that is just sticking to colors that SOA already uses, aside from the San Remo and WRB that I would prefer even further...

Those floor guys at that dealer (I'm pretty sure I know the one) are miserable. I just try to ignore them when I'm in for service but it's hard when you get an aggressive one. Just tell them you only buy from the internet department- they usually don't like internet sales.:icon_bigg

Oh yeah tsyGT, you know exactly what I'm saying. Joe the internet guy is the man. I ALMOST told him I only buy off the internet but it was too easy to break his heart like that so I just smiled and eventually left back to the oil change center to get my car.

Speaking of this great idea to get an Legacy STI on order:icon_bigg ... who wants to bet that this particular dealership would be one of those. I could find that same younger guy (about my age or so, 25 it looked like) and I'm sure he could "hook me up" like that!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Oh yeah tsyGT, you know exactly what I'm saying. Joe the internet guy is the man. I ALMOST told him I only buy off the internet but it was too easy to break his heart like that so I just smiled and eventually left back to the oil change center to get my car.

Sometimes the kinder thing is to break their heart quickly. That young guy probably won't be there the next time you go back anyway. :icon_bigg

Joe knows his stuff though. I'd believe him if he told me about the STi. He told me about the SE models last year before they came out too.

tom :)

But the worst by far was the Chevy guy that told me there was no such thing as a 4-door N/A Cobalt SS. Then I actually had to help him navigate their online inventory system to show him the one they had in stock :-p That guy made my brain hurt.

:lol:

That's friggin hilarious! How stupid did he feel knowing that you just pwned him with his own inventory?!?!

Archived