LegacyGT.com

JL Stealthbox announced - GROUP BUY now available!!

PGT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats MS on getting that one pushed thru, we're all glad to see it.

Some feedback for you as a past stealthbox owner - I really liked the way the grille was carpeted & wholly integrated into the box appearance on my last one (99 Grand Cherokee), truly stealth. It looks like this is a departure from that approach. If I were in the market the "hidden" look would definitely increase the appeal for me, tho I doubt I'd rule the current design out based on it's appearance alone. Good luck with it.

11174.jpg.21c0cc1ff10a6614028b5a056500107e.jpg

1988.jpg.1d55ce399d2451e5c2e387eb2fa5e90a.jpg

remember that the pics I posted were of his personal car set up for CES. Chances are that the production model won't be as flashy to keep with the product line's name.

For me, I'm split - I like the look but also want it to be hidden in plain sight.

The love for sedan's is fiberglass :)

As for the A series msmith... I know you cant talk much about it, but is there an estimate on price, how soon they are coming, and I didnt see a 500/1 in the previous post. I planned on getting a 500/1 for my setup (soon to be 2x 10w3v4) but would a different A series be better? At this time I just have subs from the stock HU, but someday I would like to add a CS and some decent speakers. What would you suggest.

Sorry for the thread hijack...

On topic somewhat... legacysteve, go to the poll section and click on the poll there for fiberglass sub box. I am trying to get a guage of how many people might want one. Im thinking about making them... :| hrmm... still debating if it would be worth the while :)

And the CES pics are awesome!

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Congrats MS on getting that one pushed thru, we're all glad to see it.

Some feedback for you as a past stealthbox owner - I really liked the way the grille was carpeted & wholly integrated into the box appearance on my last one (99 Grand Cherokee), truly stealth. It looks like this is a departure from that approach. If I were in the market the "hidden" look would definitely increase the appeal for me, tho I doubt I'd rule the current design out based on it's appearance alone. Good luck with it.

Appreciate the comments. There are a couple of reasons why we've changed the approach, mostly having to do with our new mesh grille design. I agree the old approach was stealthier.

The love for sedan's is fiberglass :)

As for the A series msmith... I know you cant talk much about it, but is there an estimate on price, how soon they are coming, and I didnt see a 500/1 in the previous post. I planned on getting a 500/1 for my setup (soon to be 2x 10w3v4) but would a different A series be better? At this time I just have subs from the stock HU, but someday I would like to add a CS and some decent speakers. What would you suggest.

Sorry for the thread hijack...

On topic somewhat... legacysteve, go to the poll section and click on the poll there for fiberglass sub box. I am trying to get a guage of how many people might want one. Im thinking about making them... :| hrmm... still debating if it would be worth the while :)

And the CES pics are awesome!

A-series will replace E-Series and is priced identically.

Keep in mind that the W6 woofer ain't cheap on it's own. I think the StealthBox is a bargain considering what you are getting. Try getting a quote from a local shop to fabricate a similar solution for you, then compare apples to apples. ;)

I am putting my flame-proof drawers on right now...

The Stealthbox for the LGT wagon will be available in February (next month) and has an MSRP of $749.00. Actual selling price is set by the dealer.

Keep in mind it uses a 10W6v2 which is one our high-end subwoofers that retails, on its own, for $400.00 and the grille which sells for $20.00...

So, if you back out the cost of the woofer and grille ($420), you're essentially paying $350.00 for a custom fiberglass enclosure expertly tuned and fitted to your wagon.

I should also note that, if you want to use the cargo area protector (as shown in the photo) you will need to cut it around the outer perimeter of the Stealthbox. The Stealthbox box attaches securely with one bolt accessed by removing the pass.side tail lamp assembly... you need to drill one hole which terminates inside the little cubby in that corner of the hatch.

Manville Smith

JL Audio, Inc.

I am interested in the option of adding other sources like a dvd player audio signal. I can't find the price on these nor do the 2 jl dealers in town even know about this item yet????

We just showed the new CL-SES source switch a couple of weeks ago at CES, so it's not surprising that word hasn't trickled down to the retail level yet. We expect to ship this piece in April. It will retail for $129.95 MSRP

The Stealthbox for the LGT wagon will be available in February (next month) and has an MSRP of $749.00. Actual selling price is set by the dealer.

Manville - In the LGT wagon, how will it compare in output to a pair of the old 10W3D4's in a sealed enclosure? I'm using the 500/1 and was happy with that setup (but just sold it as the box is too large) - I'm currently using a single PPI PRO-10 and it's anemic at best.

Any SPL measurements for your StealthBox off the 500/1 in your car?

Keep in mind it uses a 10W6v2 which is one our high-end subwoofers that retails, on its own, for $400.00 and the grille which sells for $20.00...

So, if you back out the cost of the woofer and grille ($420), you're essentially paying $350.00 for a custom fiberglass enclosure expertly tuned and fitted to your wagon.

I should also note that, if you want to use the cargo area protector (as shown in the photo) you will need to cut it around the outer perimeter of the Stealthbox. The Stealthbox box attaches securely with one bolt accessed by removing the pass.side tail lamp assembly... you need to drill one hole which terminates inside the little cubby in that corner of the hatch.

Manville Smith

JL Audio, Inc.

With the Stealthbox, would the e1200 be powerful enough for the speaker? I was hoping to install the amp under the front passenger seat.

Patagonian... in terms of CLEAN output, it will be about the same.

In terms of dirty output, the two 10W3's might have a 3dB edge.

I haven't measured the SPL in my wagon, but I'm pretty confident it will do around 133-134 dB without breaking a sweat.

Francis,

The e1200 will produce about 200 watts into 2 ohms and will power the Stealthbox just fine... you won't be maxing out what the box can do, but it will still get loud and clean (remember that 400W would only give you 3dB more than 200W and that is not a big difference in perceived loudness.)

We have no immediate plans for a sedan Stealthbox... we do make plenty of very nice PowerWedge and ProWedge wood enclosures in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and configurations. We do not sell any unloaded enclosures, we try to optimize the enclosure designs for the specific woofer they include.

Archived