LegacyGT.com

Subaru Legacy GT 2007 Fuel injectors

One of those palces where buying known/name brand stuff pays off I guess...

All my intake junk happens to be Perrin, but that was the first thing I found lightly used and cheap. Mishimoto is also good.

Everything else is Grimmspeed, which on the level of casual observation is even nicer than the Perrin, but on the other hand, it all functions well. So, hard to complain there.

MAY be worth noting that Perrin makes a turbo intake (of course) but also a pipe that call the "Afta-MAF" to come out the airbox and joing the inlet. A short peice of aluminum pipe is supplied to join the two, just as you suggested. It's not like intake sees meaningful vacuum, so that would be totally fine if you went the route.

I can also attest that the 340 LPH pump is juuust fine on a more or less stock system. I installed an AEM 340 on the advice of my tunrer + an STi fuel pressure regulator to get rid of the monstrous double-dampered stock LGT one, and threw a 10 micron filter and pressure gauge in line as well. Pressures are good, and the return system does it's job nicely. I can post up a photo later, but there are a thread or two on the subject alread.

Worth remembering that the fuel pump voltage is stepped by the fuel pump controller as needed: 33/66/100% So, having a slightly larger pump doesn't mean that your running too much fuel all the time and heating it up. The pump supplies fuel based on demand.

• Like 1

The thing is that a lot of the stuff isn't available on Amazon, I find it easier buying through them because I don't sit with a courier holding the parcel and on some random day sending me a import duty charge. Then when I pay I need to wait 2 days for release, then another 2-3 days for it to get to the region... Then another 1 - 3 days for it to be delivered... I know its rambling but I'm that kind of guy that when I order stuff I want it on a specific day because I would have already planned a day to work on the car to have specific things done... When there are delays you may have to do a specific job twice because the same things need to be removed... Or when they mess with your schedule you need to find another gap to sit with everything.

This part bending is what they were talking about say that when the car goes into boost its going to bulge/collapse...

Otherwise a nice looking pipe to me

Pipe3.jpg

Pipe2.jpg

Pipe1.jpg

Too right man. And I find it annoying importing stuff to Canada. I can't imagine trying to buy from the North America to ship abroad.

I too appreciate having everything you want to hand when you're doing a job, but I suppose I kind of go the other way. I buy the sales and things I want/need, then schedule a day to do the work when I am looking at a pile of speed parts all in one place. I want to say my clutch kit was on a shelf for 1.5 years waiting for install. The AOS was probably almost 2 years. Lol!

But since driving season here is only ~ half the year, and I have lots of other go fast stuff, it's a bit less painful having to put off those installs. I would assume that you have salt-free roads like.... 365 days a year.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Too right man. And I find it annoying importing stuff to Canada. I can't imagine trying to buy from the North America to ship abroad.

I too appreciate having everything you want to hand when you're doing a job, but I suppose I kind of go the other way. I buy the sales and things I want/need, then schedule a day to do the work when I am looking at a pile of speed parts all in one place. I want to say my clutch kit was on a shelf for 1.5 years waiting for install. The AOS was probably almost 2 years. Lol!

But since driving season here is only ~ half the year, and I have lots of other go fast stuff, it's a bit less painful having to put off those installs. I would assume that you have salt-free roads like.... 365 days a year.

Yup, its either a mountain fire or some of the roads being flooded by the sea... But either way you can drive 365 days a year. Just love the mountain drives with this car, its really something else.

Oh yes and I'm replacing my VVT solenoids they advised me that one is sticking so I get a random jerk in traffic and that my be the cause of it. Tried cleaning it which made zero difference.

Okay.... Canada is cold, but not like "can't drive all year" ;)

Just that if you like a car, and want it not to rot away due to rust, the actual season for driving is not a full year... if you know what I mean.

Now, it is still really fun to throw some studded tires on a rear wheel drive junker and go be a hero doing doughnuts in the snow in a parking lot, but most of us who really like their cars here have a 'winter beater'. Something that can eat salt and sand and won't cry too much when there are holes in the floors, or a subframe rots out and condemns the car.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Deltaking said:

Oh yes and I'm replacing my VVT solenoids they advised me that one is sticking so I get a random jerk in traffic and that my be the cause of it. Tried cleaning it which made zero difference.

If you are replacing them, I would recommend OEM Subaru parts only for replacements.  We've seen aftermarket failing upon install.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Infosecdad said:

If you are replacing them, I would recommend OEM Subaru parts only for replacements.  We've seen aftermarket failing upon install.

What about aftermarket with OE certification?

4 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Okay.... Canada is cold, but not like "can't drive all year" ;)

Just that if you like a car, and want it not to rot away due to rust, the actual season for driving is not a full year... if you know what I mean.

Now, it is still really fun to throw some studded tires on a rear wheel drive junker and go be a hero doing doughnuts in the snow in a parking lot, but most of us who really like their cars here have a 'winter beater'. Something that can eat salt and sand and won't cry too much when there are holes in the floors, or a subframe rots out and condemns the car.

Geez that's hectic lol, worst for me was living by the ocean which killed 2 of my vehicles due to rust... Everything was rusted... 

OEM parts in most cases take a minimum of 3 weeks to arrive, If I take the vehicle in then its 4 - 5 weeks not sure why there's an extra delay but suspect they purchase from a National head office which then distributes the parts.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Deltaking said:

What about aftermarket with OE certification?

Sincerely not trying to be stupid, but what exactly does that mean?

Around here there is OE/Subaru and everything else. Things like "meets OE standards" do not count in the former category.

I do second getting OE Subaru OCV solenoids. I ended up throwing out the newish ones I picked up from a reputable parts supplier, and they were not the cheapest available. Once I got an AP, I could see they were pretty out of synch with one another. I pulled a set from a scrapyard GT and even ones of unknown mileage performed much better, and were +/- 1% of each other out the gate.

Edited by KZJonny

6 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Sincerely not trying to be stupid, but what exactly does that mean?

Around here there is OE/Subaru and everything else. Things like "meets OE standards" do not count in the former category.

I do second getting OE Subaru OCV solenoids. I ended up throwing out the newish ones I picked up from a reputable parts supplier, and they were not the cheapest available. Once I got an AP, I could see they were pretty our of synch with one another. I pulled a set from a scrapyard GT and even ones of unknown mileage performed much better, and were +/- 1% of each other out the gate.

My understanding is OEM includes the Brand "Subaru" the OE is just the part without the brand. What I have found on most of the vehicle are parts with no branding or part numbers. Only thing thus far were the injectors which were Denso. I got bought it secondhand so I have no clue what should have a brand/part number on it if any of the parts at all...

5 minutes ago, Deltaking said:

My understanding is OEM includes the Brand "Subaru" the OE is just the part without the brand. What I have found on most of the vehicle are parts with no branding or part numbers. Only thing thus far were the injectors which were Denso. I got bought it secondhand so I have no clue what should have a brand/part number on it if any of the parts at all...

In my experience that works for some parts that are clearly NGK, Denso, NTN, etc.  For the OCVs I haven't found that to be the case. It's not impossible, but I haven't seen where people found the manufacturer for the Subaru OCVs and bought from them instead.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

+1 to the above

Injectors are Denso (for top-feeds), MAF is Denso, A/C Compressor is Mitsubishi, etc...

Where we are lucky enough to be told which aftermarket producer is actually the OE producer, people generally will buy those if they save money, knowing there is no secret sauce in the part coming from Subaru itselt.

For the rest that are not labelled as such, it is all just informed guesses. I have 'heard' from a few places that Stone gaskets are the OE producer for Subaru, but since everything you get from the dealer is just labelled with a Subaru part number or bag.... who know? Buy Stone if you like it, or Mahle, or spend the money at the dealership.

I think the thing with the OCVs in particular is that they have a history of causing knock and engine damage under load when not OE Subaru... I only had to get the P0021/2 codes once or twice before I threw out the ones I had just installed thinking I had done the engine a favour....

Edited by KZJonny

Ah crap. Are the OE Densos?

I have side feeds either way, so that’s one I’m not sure about.

Bosch and Denso are both considered high quality replacements in any event. And you went larger than stock anyway, so there is no OEM part for the job, so to speak, unless some STi has big top feeds from the factory.

4 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

Ah crap. Are the OE Densos?

I have side feeds either way, so that’s one I’m not sure about.

Bosch and Denso are both considered high quality replacements in any event. And you went larger than stock anyway, so there is no OEM part for the job, so to speak, unless some STi has big top feeds from the factory.

I believe he bought oem densos that are 565cc, just like stock.

No those were the stock ones I got pulled out of the car, I just replaced them with Denso again. I haven't upgraded the injectors yet. One was pushing 32ml while the others were pushing 30ml so just replaced them all because of age.

This is the Subi part number 16611AA72A just looks like a Denso to me

IMG_3953.thumb.png.2998edd92fbbea6edda5e782c9ce6578.png

If I was to roll the die on an aftermarket part, I would probably try the NTK just because I use a lot of NGK stuff and it’s always treated me well.

But, while $120 USD is a lot of scrilla x2, it is much cheaper than an engine rebuild because of incorrect advance at high load….

IMG_3954.thumb.png.ca7ed3a34480132a759263232eb9bbb7.png

4 minutes ago, Deltaking said:

No those were the stock ones I got pulled out of the car, I just replaced them with Denso again. I haven't upgraded the injectors yet. One was pushing 32ml while the others were pushing 30ml so just replaced them all because of age.

This is the Subi part number 16611AA72A just looks like a Denso to me

My mistake. Mixing up threads and the like. I though you’d found some from a place called Snake Eaters or somesuch and rolled the dice on them.