LegacyGT.com

Subaru Legacy GT 2007 Fuel injectors

Hi All,

Anyone have advise on a replacement fuel injector for the car? I have one fuel injector which is pushing 10% more fuel then the rest after being tested. I would like to just get it replaced but I see its a hectic price.

Its hard to find an alternative locally and was hoping if anyone could advise on anything that Amazon may have that is a reliable replacement as they seem to ship and deliver the fastest.

@Infosecdad is parting his car out, I’d see if he’s got one. Another place I’d check is 541 motorsports or eBay or marketplace or somewhere else to find a used one you can ohm before I’d buy one from Amazon. That’s like a box of chocolates, you don’t know what you’re going to get…

• Thanks 1

I have a set of stock injectors, but they are the side-feed style from 05-06, you need the top-feed style.

There should be folks on here with spare stock top-feed injectors.

• Thanks 1

I managed to find these doesn't take long for shipping and price I quite good. Wish it was easier to find i did order them a few minutes a go. Upgraded injectors aren't badly priced either.

https://ksm-motorsports.com/products/4-565cc-fuel-injectors-16611aa720-for-06-21-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-forester-2-5l_144988564904_?_pos=2&_sid=15d04309b&_ss=r

• Like 2

With upgrading the fuel pump what would the biggest injector recommended for use be with the VF46? 650cc, 750cc before Turbo becomes the limiting factor? Or is the Turbo the immediate limiting factor before Injectors then pump?

A Premium has a nice VF52 for a good price but I don't know, just trying to pin my limiting factors from the first restriction and work my way through... I don't want to push more than 350whp at the end of the day or 300whp if that is what the standard short block limitation is.

I would rather buy a dead Subaru and build from there if I wanted to go insane to 650hp - 750hp (And had the money to blow on it)

Ok Now I'm starting to get scared... I have seen a few reviews now on the KSM injectors and it doesn't look good... I'm probably going to have to see how they look when they arrive and have them flow tested depending and see how that goes but really not comfortable at the moment.

Does anyone know if the Bosch 62416 / 0280158235 is compatible with the vehicle? I see its a 731cc

https://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/bosch-731cc-fuel-injector-medium-denso-0280158235?cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=21039752370&cq_con=&cq_term=&cq_med=pla&cq_plac=&cq_net=x&cq_plt=gp&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlZixBhCoARIsAIC745ABj0rR2tz_5NvgWQODO2R7qAaYKwSwm3O7tehI44C7DZ_hcTtDCyIaAjR5EALw_wcB

I found another good company by the looks of it and I'm chatting with them at the moment. Price also seems very reasonable. They take Bosch injectors and run them through tests and rebrand them. Below if anyone is interested. Getting all the details but will definitely order from them. The other injectors I am going to have tested before I decide what I'm going to do with them. I'm not going to risk buying cheap to pay for it at a later stage.

https://www.snakeeaterperformance.com/products/pro-series-wrx-48-11-wrxmm-ev6-uscar-plug-735cc-min-70lb-hr-43psi-injectors-subaru-wrx?_pos=3&_sid=7c76430dd&_ss=r&variant=44642426585317

On 4/20/2024 at 3:30 PM, Deltaking said:

I managed to find these doesn't take long for shipping and price I quite good. Wish it was easier to find i did order them a few minutes a go. Upgraded injectors aren't badly priced either.

https://ksm-motorsports.com/products/4-565cc-fuel-injectors-16611aa720-for-06-21-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-forester-2-5l_144988564904_?_pos=2&_sid=15d04309b&_ss=r

Well too my surprise... The injectors work, the tuner and mechanic found no issues with it... Just dropped in and worked no anomalies... 

Got impatient so I haven't had the car tuned as I planned due to all the delays, but am going to schedule the next appointment soon. 

• Like 2

Glad they look like they will work.

That VF46 will be your limiting element right now anyway, not the injectors. Then pump if OE, then injectors.

My tuner is fine to do a VF52 on stock injectors (550’s). But since I am probably going to do an uprated version of that I will need more.

I’ve been told as long as you stay in the realm of reasonable, then bigger is better. More headroom and lower IDC is good. Just don’t get 2000cc injectors for a 300hp street car…..

• Like 1

Yeah I got the just of that, I spoke to the Tuners/Mech and they advised that for a daily driver they recommend the VF48 as a max with Billet to allow it to spool faster, so you would still get the early boost experience you get with the VF46 with a bit more power. A max of a 750cc injectors, pump is already on the way so that's covered.

Honestly I haven't decided if I want to up the turbo because I'm not sure if I really want that much more power... I'm thinking that after I replace diff and gear box oil as well as either replace or clean the VVT solenoids I might just get the tune and see the feel from there and then decide.

The IC to TB pipe I ordered was to short for my car so the stock one is back on, I really just want to replace that too.

Clarify a thing for me. Why would you go to the trouble of the STi location turbo to only switch up to a VF48?

VF52 is a stock frame turbo and will literally bolt up to your current components if you have a VF46 right now. It's not THAT much bigger than a VF46, and will work just fine with your injectors + pump, etc... They can also be modified to a billet compressor and all the like.

Granted, going to an STi turbo will open up a lot of doors on options for future turbos, but it's not like there is a problem sourcing them for GTs.

To be fair, it's not that hard to do, but if you don't want to spend the money on an aftermarket intercooler + piping, or swap to STi stuff, a VF48 doesn't seem like the most logical choice.

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 1

On that note:

Intercooler - Already upgraded

Piping - In progress just need the IC pipe

Replacing Pump because of age (Just for reassurance - 255LPH)

I haven't decided on what I'm going to do hence I just stated the feedback I received. I have seen a few post indicating that the VF52 spools at a later stage vs VF46 and you wouldn't feel that quick spool as you do with the VF46 but the VF52 keeps boost through the rest of the rev range while the VF46 starts to loose momentum a lot sooner. (True or not I can't say hence one would trust what the "Expert" says)

Just so my understanding of what you are saying is clear, with the stuff I have already done there should be no issue putting in a VF52 turbo while with the VF48 I may have to adjust a few things?

On 4/30/2024 at 9:55 AM, Deltaking said:

with the stuff I have already done there should be no issue putting in a VF52 turbo while with the VF48 I may have to adjust a few things?

Correct.

STi style TMIC is compatible with a VF48, LGT Style TMIC is not.

LGT style TMIC is compatible with VF40/46/52. I think you have the Godspeed/REV/etc.. TMIC? It can probably be adapted to an STi style turbo, but will involve buying more parts.

VF40/46 are the same thing, don't let the marketing fool you. A stock VF52 will spool a few hundred RPM later than 40/46. Not many would *really* notice the difference, it is claimed. A modified/lightened VF52 may spool pretty much as fast as stock VF40/46, but keep working harder a little further up into the RPM range. Certainly far enough that unless you're throwing in stronger rods, it's doubtful you'll run out of turbo.

I can't speak to availability where you are, but around here it's probably easier to find VF52 stuff than VF48, just becuase there were more WRXs than STis.

I currently run a modified (JMP Custom) VF40, and it is soo fast. Like snappy, full boost below 3000 RPM. But, since I have everything else set up for more power (EL headers through to 3"/2.5" turboback exhaust, etc....) I want to see what a modified VF52 can do. I'll get to take a ride in one shortly, then I'll decide. My gut says that I will hardly notice a coupld hundred RPM to spool up, and in hitting the stock 5MT with more torque at higher RPM (not to mention rods, ringlands, etc...) just helps to prevent from breaking things. I don't think many with a turbo that size would tell you that it isn't still perfectly streetable. Indeed one of the more common comments I have read is that the LGT + VF52 is the combination the car should have come with from factory. Granted, those people are probably more performance driving oriented than those who see it a luxy mid-size car for cruising.

• Like 1

Sorry, just to double check...

Is the GT-B a 2.0L in your market or 2.5L?

This would change the whole discussion meaningfully. Smaller engine is not going to spool up a turbo as fast. A VF52 on a 2.0L is a much "bigger" turbo than on a 2.5L car.

Sweet thanks for the write up really appreciate it. Yes I have the upgraded tmic which fits the stock VF46. I wasn't planning on doing a front mount with all the unnecessary extra work as I wasn't looking for much more power. The original reason for the replacement was that I just prefer everything to be metal and prevent air leaks. I still want to replace all the hosing for the coolant as well but just removing everything I feel may fail. So working down the list of things I gathered from feedback in this group.

1 minute ago, Deltaking said:

so it's branded Legacy but it's actually a Liberty

Hah! You mean it's branded Legacy, but it's actually a Legacy. ;)

Only Aus gets Liberties because of a naming conflict with their military veterans league.

Anyway, sounds like you've got it covered. I am at the tail end of refereshing my engine, and am awaiting a shipment of new CT clamps to replace everything, and try to delete the few worm clamps I have had to use to replace failed/rusty/old CT clamps.

This is in addition to replacing all the coolant, PCV, fuel and vacuum lines. So much time and money, haha! So very much the same battle. Not wanting to leave any 20 year old hoses and pipes in the bay.... Of course, while you are in there..... ugh.

• Haha 1

Thank goodness, I nearly got a heart attack.

I ordered 2x Turbo inlet hose (Mishimoto and JMT brand) - They refused to install the JMT due to it being to soft on the MAF pipe joining side (Could probably prevent it by inserting a 70mm 45 deg aluminum pipe into the hose) but now I'm stuck with that pipe and will try to sell.

I ordered the IC to throttle body hose also Mishimoto and it was 8mm too short... Just too many fails.