LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL: MN Meet thread

twisted

http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4001

Have any of you seen this? New AWD dyno in Maple Grove. Would any of you be up for a group dyno day this spring/summer? Looks like it would be about $60 a piece if there were between 5-15 of us. For that low of a price I would like to get a baseline before I start modding. Then somewhere down the line go again when Stg. 2 or greater I could see what kind of gains I really had.

It would be interesting too if it were just Legacy's, we could see just how close each motor really is.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was on 394 heading west and crossed 494 at that time. That is exact desc of my LGT... ???
Hmm, that's right in the vicinity, but this was on 494 northbound, between Hwy. 7 and 394. It sounds like there might have been two nearly identical LGT's (plus mine!) within a very small area at that time. It might have been more like 5:50-5:55pm.

No One expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Maybe that's why I haven't been spotted yet. ABP Wagon. Or I guess I could show up at a meet here at some point. Sounds like it was fun. Now bring me shrubbery!

Or else you will say "neep"?

(Anyone who can pick up on and appreciate an obscure Monty Python reference is OK in my book! :cool: )

http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4001

Have any of you seen this? New AWD dyno in Maple Grove. Would any of you be up for a group dyno day this spring/summer? Looks like it would be about $60 a piece if there were between 5-15 of us. For that low of a price I would like to get a baseline before I start modding. Then somewhere down the line go again when Stg. 2 or greater I could see what kind of gains I really had.

It would be interesting too if it were just Legacy's, we could see just how close each motor really is.

Where do I get in line? Sign me up! :cool:

Or else you will say "neep"?

(Anyone who can pick up on and appreciate an obscure Monty Python reference is OK in my book! :cool: )

I do vaguely remember the "shrubbery" and "neep" refersnces from "Holy Grail", but I never really was much of a Monty Python fan.

I had been on here researching the car for a while. Also met Mr. T at work and got interested in the mod info on here. It's great! I will definitely try to make it to the next meet.

The mod bug strikes again! :icon_surp

Hey fade0003, if you want to get your feet wet on what it's like to mod, I've got some springs I need installed.... :icon_bigg

I do vaguely remember the "shrubbery" and "neep" refersnces from "Holy Grail", but I never really was much of a Monty Python fan.

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spammity, Spam.

By the way, even though my name is spelled Harvey Luxury Yacht, it is prounounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove.....:icon_bigg

Those are my stomping grounds, 494, baker road, 394, Prairie Center drive, 212. Could have been me! I live off baker, work in Shakopee, drive home 212, eat dinner in EP, take 494 home, g/f lives off 394. Watch for the Atlantic Blue GT driving like a jerk most of the time and that'd be me. Looking forward to the next meets guys and girls.

The mod bug strikes again! :icon_surp

Hey fade0003, if you want to get your feet wet on what it's like to mod, I've got some springs I need installed.... :icon_bigg

I'll come help, I will do this mod if the ride doesn't degrade too much, so I need you to do it first...:lol: Did a couple lift kits back in the day.

You also have to get on that new dyno, I am itching to find out what that car is putting out! I will be man 5 if needed for group rate.

I'll do it.

I'll come help, I will do this mod if the ride doesn't degrade too much, so I need you to do it first...:lol: Did a couple lift kits back in the day.

Good deal! Now that winter is almost over, I am ready to "Git er done" My understanding is that this was the best combo for good ride and improved handling... Once we get them in, we'll have to go for an evaluation drive. I have a few roads in mind.

You also have to get on that new dyno, I am itching to find out what that car is putting out! I will be man 5 if needed for group rate.

I'd like to know too. :iam: Sign me up!

• 3 months later...

WTF ...NO POSTS SINCE March 18....cmon Moon-e-sotans ....get with the plan.....MEET TIME ....CALLIN ALL MN CREW!!!!!

Sunday 6/25 at 5pm ...any1 interested??

Also anyone know a place i can take motorcycle riding courses...i know how to ride vespas LOL....so i'm certain i can pick up fairly quickly...also do i hv to provide my own bike???

WTF ...NO POSTS SINCE March 18....cmon Moon-e-sotans ....get with the plan.....MEET TIME ....CALLIN ALL MN CREW!!!!!

Sunday 6/25 at 5pm ...any1 interested??

Also anyone know a place i can take motorcycle riding courses...i know how to ride vespas LOL....so i'm certain i can pick up fairly quickly...also do i hv to provide my own bike???

Well, you missed the May meet, which had its own thread. :p

Also, you're calling a meet 2.5 days ahead of time?! ;)

Cool if you guys meet, but I can't make it. I'll be in California this weekend (See Radiohead at Berkeley tomorrow night!)

We started a new thread for the last meet. I'm in favor of a new thread for each meet, but hey, whatever works. :)

I can't do this weekend or either of the two after that, as I will be out of town. I think I'm clear for the rest of July, though.

On the motorcycle question, Harley-Davidson offers new rider courses through some of their dealerships. I believe they provide the bikes (the Buell Blast, a 400cc single-cylinder bike that is intended to be n00b-friendly). St. Paul H-D is one of the participating dealers; here's a link:

http://www.stpaulhd.com/custompage.asp?pg=newrider&sid=4095095E-02X6K22K2006J11I07I19JPMQ1247R0

Uh, Mark, did you think through that avatar and location before you hit the "edit profile" button? :lol:

Uh, Mark, did you think through that avatar and location before you hit the "edit profile" button? :lol:

What?????? Little Sizzlers, Jimmy Dean, damn...it just gets worse! I'm secure with my sexual orientation.

It is still ugly.