OFFICIAL: MN Meet thread

twisted

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was kind of thinking I might get there five or ten minutes early, and tell an employee I was meeting a group of Subaru people, so that if people came in and asked them, they'd know where to point them. The main flaw in that plan is the part where I am required to get there early, because I rarely accomplish that. However, I will try. Brady's Suby hat sounds like a good idea, too. Plus, if we see people coming in and looking around, we can flag them down and see if they are looking for us. I'm sure it will work out.

Another thing you can do is study the picture in post #32 of this thread. From left to right, that's Twisted, Phi11, me and Mt. T. At least three of us are expected to attend the meet at Senser's.

Anyway, we'll keep an eye out, and I'm sure we'll all find each other.

I just PM'd my cell phone number to everybody who has either posted in this thread or otherwise said they might attend the meet on Saturday. I'll try to remember to bring my phone and leave it on in case you want to use that method to find each other, although I don't think we'll have any problem. If I missed anyone, and you want my phone #, PM me and I'll send it to you.

Rich

Twisted,

Nice shots (yea, even the stereo equipment!). Thanks for taking and posting them. Great to see you and RFD again.

Welcome to our new group members, it was good to meet all of you. Enjoy your LGTs.

Until next time....

Mr. T :cool:

Hi, I am a new member, live in Spring Park (on Lake Minnetonka), week old 06 LGT 5MT sedan here. I work with Mr T. T, I thought you said meet was Sunday! Oh well, I was busy workin on the house yesterday. I hope there is another event soon, maybe I will have some more stuff done then. Seatbelt reminder delete is the only "mod" so far.

Had a great time yesterday. It's fun talking with people whose cars are more than just transportation to them...even better when it is the same car you own. It was nice to meet everyone and put a face with screen names. Hope to see all of you next time.
It is still ugly.

Yes, it was great meeting everyone! I know we all felt a difference in temp from when we got there and when we left. Did anyone else notice the 8-10 degree difference reported on the car's outside temp reading?!

So our next meet has to be warmer out so we can actually take a little more time to see what's been done to cars. Maybe a picnic in a couple months. :)

Hi, I am a new member, live in Spring Park (on Lake Minnetonka), week old 06 LGT 5MT sedan here. I work with Mr T. T, I thought you said meet was Sunday! Oh well, I was busy workin on the house yesterday. I hope there is another event soon, maybe I will have some more stuff done then. Seatbelt reminder delete is the only "mod" so far.

Sorry about that but I could have sworn I said Saturday...:icon_surp .:iam:

Oh well, at least you have begun your LGT ownership journey by completing your first mod!

We'll make sure you are well informed about the time and date of the next meet.

Mr. T :cool:

how about a detail day? anyone wanna volunteer their garage? I know me and yamie got Porter cables that we will gladly share...i got plenty clay and microfiber towels...

i need to order the polish/sealant/wax.

Collectively i think we could get thro all the cars very quickly (exterior only) with a few PC's and quite a few hands.

I like the way you're thinking here! ;)

Hopefully next time we have a meet I won't be limping around anymore either! :lol:

God, I'm going on 10 days and I don't think it's getting any better. :(

Another idea for a future get-together would be to do something fun like bowling or indoor go-karts. Or, there's always the St. Paul Curling Club...or ice-fishing...:lol: (That's my wife's car in the picture, BTW. She was kind enough to let me borrow it since I couldn't fit my equipment in the LGT).

OBonice.jpg.77ce865ea86ccd605782d86eb7568909.jpg

Another idea for a future get-together would be to do something fun like bowling or indoor go-karts. Or, there's always the St. Paul Curling Club...or ice-fishing...:lol: (That's my wife's car in the picture, BTW. She was kind enough to let me borrow it since I couldn't fit my equipment in the LGT).

How about a good rowdy game of chess? ;)

Seriously, I think we should get some pylons and lay out a course somewhere and have a little "LGT driving school".

Surely there must be somewhere we could do such a thing? :confused:

One thing about setting up any kind of driving event is the liability issue. Car clubs usually have some blanket insurance policy for that kind of stuff. It seems like MNSubaru.com organizes some events, so maybe we could piggyback with them. Also, the Audi Club in this area is pretty active, and they don't mind non-Audi owners participating. In addition to their two-day schools, they used to do some cheaper one-day events closer to the Twin Cities, but I've been out of the Audi Club loop for a while, so I don't know if they still do. The Taurus SHO Club used to piggyback on Audi Club events, and they were accepted by the Audi guys, so I think we Suby guys would get along fine with them (though they might be a little jealous :lol:).

I'm all for a detail day, but I don't know anything about detailing. I'm sure I could learn a lot from some of you guys.

Another possibility, when the weather turns nice, would be to organize a scenic, spirited drive. We could pick a nice winding route for a 45-60 minute drive that leads to a place we could get lunch or something.

I was joking about the curling and ice fishing, but I was serious about the bowling or indoor go-karts. People who aren't hardcore enthusiasts could join us for something fun, and maybe we could even include spouses & significant others.

Keep the ideas coming!

It was great to meet 'all the guys' on Saturday. Thanks for letting a chick in. I am really hoping to find more of us Legacy Ladies out there. That is my mission.

Detail day sounds great. Bowling and beer sounds good too! But what really sounds fun is taking a drive! Either around some cones, or a winding road.

I recently met up with about 4 WRX dudes on my way to Hinckley and we had a great train going. It was a ton of fun! I am open to whatever.

Yeah, never got a response from him. I really wanted an STi but they were just a little out of my budget. Even if I had done it I would still be driving a suby:)

I am ready to see what the wagon can do though. I guess I will just have to make it faster than an STi someday, a super sleeper:icon_twis

i'm gonna call a vote for banning u from future LGT meets.....then u can go hang out with the rex doods at firestone LOL....pwnt!!!

LOL...yea no worries as long as u keep it in the subaru family....sti lgt....cant go wrong with either :)