LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

I can contact the owner tomorrow.  I am willing to put down the deposit for the week if people are agreeable. Looks like we can get linen service for $200 or less as well.  The weekly rate is so good I would stay the week. I can even work remote from the house sitting looking out at the water. 

We might save a little having a full kitchen and bathrooms.  I know when we "camp" in a cabin we don't have to buy anything. We just bring what's in the pantry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, m sprank said:

I can contact the owner tomorrow.  I am willing to put down the deposit for the week if people are agreeable. Looks like we can get linen service for $200 or less as well.  The weekly rate is so good I would stay the week. I can even work remote from the house sitting looking out at the water. 

We might save a little having a full kitchen and bathrooms.  I know when we "camp" in a cabin we don't have to buy anything. We just bring what's in the pantry.

I’m happy to cook for the masses. Can we pop up the camper there?

11 hours ago, JJBerk said:

I’m happy to cook for the masses. Can we pop up the camper there?

I'd be very happy to help out there. Cooking is one of my other great loves, and the more the merrier, for what it is worth.

Having a kitchen and a place to clean up would be a nice bonus. Good find Mike! Assuming the responce to our group use is positive and there is a spot to drop the Berkmobile trailer, it's hitting everything we're looking for at a reasonable price. (Nice that you won't have to drive home every night and come back in the morning!)

Day trip to the State Park would 100% be on my agenda, if anyone else thought those photos of the caves and ponds looked amazing...!

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

I'd be very happy to help out there. Cooking is one of my other great loves, and the more the merrier, for what it is worth.

Having a kitchen and a place to clean up would be a nice bonus. Good find Mike! Assuming the responce to our group use is positive and there is a spot to drop the Berkmobile trailer, it's hitting everything we're looking for at a reasonable price. (Nice that you won't have to drive home every night and come back in the morning!)

Day trip to the State Park would 100% be on my agenda, if anyone else thought those photos of the caves and ponds looked amazing...!

I will learn how to use my La Pavoni by then, as long as no one minds waiting 5 minutes/shot of espresso...

machine-a-cafe-vintage-par-la-pavoni-europiccola-italie-1980.thumb.jpg.2d4b0fdacfecfa2a88fee50b6414b5c4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Price is LEGIT and confirmed.  Owner is sending me the rental agreement in the mail.  He will WAIVE the security deposit for our group.  His parents drive a SUBARU!!!!! 

No issue with the camper either. 

Owner mentioned Watkins Glen gives paced laps at 55mph.  He is into cars.  Had stories about the local car shows/meets/cruises. 

I await the formal rental agreement. But, he quoted me the exact same numbers as the web and he is blocking out the dates on the calendar for us.  Check in is 4pm June 6, check out is 10am June 13 (owner can be flexible).  Also, he mentioned for $200 he will include a full linen service for 20 people. 

June 6-13

Duration 7 Nights
Total Guests: 20
Rental price: $1,995
Refundable security deposit $400 - owner is supposedly waiving this
Cleaning Fee $200
Lodging Tax 4% $80
Total: $2,674.80, $2874.80 with linen service ($2274.80 or $2474.80 with deposit waived)
Edited by m sprank
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

11 minutes ago, Enlight said:

I will learn how to use my La Pavoni by then, as long as no one minds waiting 5 minutes/shot of espresso...

machine-a-cafe-vintage-par-la-pavoni-europiccola-italie-1980.thumb.jpg.2d4b0fdacfecfa2a88fee50b6414b5c4.jpg

Will that be better than the instant I was making this year?

🤨

Edited by KZJonny

17 minutes ago, m sprank said:

I await the formal rental agreement. But, he quoted me the exact same numbers as the web and he is blocking out the dates on the calendar for us.  Check in is 4pm June 6, check out is 10am June 13 (owner can be flexible).  Also, he mentioned for $200 he will include a full linen service for 20 people.

June 6-13

Duration 7 Nights
Total Guests: 20
Rental price: $1,995
Refundable security deposit $400 - owner is supposedly waiving this
Cleaning Fee $200
Lodging Tax 4% $80
Total: $2,674.80, $2874.80 with linen service ($2274.80 or $2474.80 with deposit waived)

ECM just grew from a weekend to week long event in the span of 1 year 😆. This is very good as it also gives us more flexibility with Drive the Glen. Thanks for pulling this together 👍

spacer.png

• Like 3

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

The linen service is probably a good idea! Well done friends! 

Let us know when you need $$. And I am happy to have cooking assist! Next spring those interested can work on some menu planning. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, boxkita said:

ensures no drunken stumbling into the lake

House does have an outside bar on the patio.  I see three benches at the fire pit too.  Large fire pit.  Jacuzzi seats 7.  There are 2 sets of washer/dryer so you can go home with clean clothes. 

Foosball and a full size Atari arcade machine too.

If the house works out, it should be a huge upgrade at a very reasonable price. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, m sprank said:

House does have an outside bar on the patio.  I see three benches at the fire pit too.  Large fire pit.  Jacuzzi seats 7.  There are 2 sets of washer/dryer so you can go home with clean clothes. 

Foosball and a full size Atari arcade machine too.

If the house works out, it should be a huge upgrade at a very reasonable price. 

house looks like a really nice solution for us. hopefully everything works.

looks like a few wineries near the house, too

pretty sure the cooler full of beer can handed in a week 

i'm pretty sure a winery tour would require a designated driver at some point. Just counting the ones on the way to track, i'd be mumbling my alphabet at some point.

A "poker run"? i'm pretty sure there's an unofficial record for circumnavigation of each of those lakes, with and without hitting every winery or cellar.

does whatsapp allow creating groups? So a daily winery visit count? Post a pic of your car in front of the winery? highest post count wins...free bail?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1