LegacyGT.com

Evaluating 2019 Legacy 2.5 Sport for purchase...are electrical issues/power drain common?

Hello everyone! 

I'm a new member of this forum and am currently looking into purchasing a used 2019 Legacy Sport 2.5 with under 50k miles. The car appears to be in excellent condition, but I always do my research, and I've been reading about a number of issues relating to the electrical system, battery, etc., and power drain. 

In your experience, are these concerns valid? If so, how common and how serious are they?

I currently rock a 14 Forester XT, but the Legacy is more suited to my current needs. 

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

• 2 months later...
On 4/7/2023 at 7:04 AM, ncted said:

https://www.subarubatterysettlement.com/

I don't think it is that big an issue for most people, but there is an extended warranty due to this.

Correct.

But why replace it with another crappy OEM battery. Just throw a group 24 or 34 in and have more power. That's what most do/did including myself.

Most of the cars I service come in with Superstarts that are already failing after a couple years.  I'd rather have an OE battery, and do in both of my Subaru's, and for the love of god do not put an optima in it.  Redtops are worse than superstarts.