LegacyGT.com

Average age of 05' and up LGT owners

50 years old here. Traded my 2003 350z (paid off) for the Leg GT. This is my practical/sensible car. No kids=mid-life in reverse.

Would love a Zo6 C6 but I must say...... in the real world.....sports cars are more fun in fantasy, than reality.

Unless of course you own a race track (I live know where near one) I finally figured out after all these years that going fast on public roads is just plain......stupid.

My insurance rates are very low.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was 21 as well when I purchased it on my own...got the 05 LGT because I think it's a lot sexier than the Impreza's...

It kind of sucks being a pretty young owner, cause I'm sure a lot of people see me and just think I'm just some punk kid whose parents bought their kid whatever ride he wanted...which wasn't the case at all...Let em think what they want though....

Wouldn't have bought it if I were still in school though, had to wait till I had a little job security....

If you look at that age poll- about 80% of LGT owners are 35 and under! I'm guessing that this is skewed by the sample population- that younger people who buy LGTs would be on the internet and interested in mods.

I do feel like an old geezer at 36 on this board, though. :icon_surp

Well, you young uns ought to r'spect yur elders!

Especially if we're faster than you on the track! :icon_bigg

tom :)

Hmm, seems like this topic has been done before, but...

I'm 39. I'm a big fan of AWD sport sedans, having come from an Audi A4 that I generally really enjoyed except for the reliability issues. When the WRX first came out, I was interested, but it just struck me as being a little too spartan and cheap-looking (no offense intended to WRX owners -- maybe the Audi spoiled me). Also, I have a family, and the WRX is a little small for everyday practicality. As excited as I was about the power and price of the WRX, I just couldn't make the leap.

However, when the '05 LGT came out, I realized that it had the power I wanted, with refinement in the same league as my A4 (maybe not quite there, but close).

Like I said, I guess I've gotten a little spoiled in my old age, but for me, the LGT is the perfect compromise of refinement and sportiness.

20 on Monday and my brither who bought his own is 22. Just doing our best to lower the average age of wagon buyers, too bad without a manaul transmission that should be going up this year.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

24 in college

doing donuts and drifts in the snow today, so I guess I'm the punk kid too.

36 in two days, in the workforce, also doing donuts and drifts in the snow today, I will always be a punk kid (or at least feel like one).

The aforementioned donuts caught the eye of the local police this morning, who drove over with his lights on, got out and said, "Nice car. The scoop (pointing to the hood) means it's got the 250hp motor right?" - "yes officer" - "Cool. Now cut it out" (refering to the donuts).

Serves me right. Theres a Provincial courthouse across the street from the mall where I was sliding, and even at 6am, the cops are hanging around.:icon_tong

Got you beat by 10 years, my friend.

Once you're this age, Rob, I think 10 years is about equivalent to a month to these young guys! :icon_wink (BTW, any more snow in Beantown?)

Although I must admit, it is fun getting sideways! Maybe I'm not so old after all!:icon_bigg

tom :)

Archived