LegacyGT.com

Average age of 05' and up LGT owners

interesting.... bought the car at current age 27 back in April. so far I really enjoy it... but then I said that about MOST of my previous vehicles I owned. This is #7 to date with my name on the title (5 new, 2 used). I started buying cars when I was 20 and by 23 was on car #5. Only the last 2 vehicles have I owned 24 months. But now, my husband says I can't swap out cars every 2 years or less like I had been and he gets the next new car which will be more than likely an STI. His current vehicle is his 3rd, and first newly purchased.

If they had made the LGT like now when I was 22, I'd have bought one then. I made decent money for being as young as I was without a degree. Instead, I bought a new Toyota Tundra 4x4 Ivan Stewart Edition (like the new LGT Spec B but for the 01 Tundra). Still loved that truck... just not the gas! lol.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got my WRX four years ago when I was 36...I'm craving an LGT now primarily due to the Subaru quality, wanting a little more space, & some of the accessories not available back when I got my WRX in the fall of 2001. From time to time, I think about a BMW, but that only lasts for a short period of time...Especially, when I think about the $$ I've put into my WRX (very little, thankfully!).

I bet the overall average age of lgt owners is much higher than the average age on this board...in my community i see many lgts, most are "older" people and women to be honest....i see a lot of people that look over 50, using that as a round number and more than half of them women...i see a dark red sedan, 5 or 6 diff wagons and a bunch of other sedans, specifically that red one, two white ones, 2 light blues and a couple others that are driven by women who are def. not on this board.

45, this is my first 4WD/AWD vehicle. Never needed one before now, and i already have a 2WD pickup, didn't want another truck or an SUV. Wanted a little performance to satisfy my mid-life crisis, and the suby does just fine.

I bet the overall average age of lgt owners is much higher than the average age on this board...in my community i see many lgts, most are "older" people and women to be honest....i see a lot of people that look over 50, using that as a round number and more than half of them women...i see a dark red sedan, 5 or 6 diff wagons and a bunch of other sedans, specifically that red one, two white ones, 2 light blues and a couple others that are driven by women who are def. not on this board.

I think you're absolutely right. It's primarily the under 35 folks who frequent these forums and internet forums in general, so I suspect that overall there are at least as many owners in their 40's and 50's.

I'm 16 and its my first car.

Could have gotten used cars, but parents have a thing against them because they bought so many ones and ended up paying more to fix them them buy a new one (this was years ago).

I love the Legacy, though being the "punk teenager" i would have much rather perfered the STi or WRX. Though, I think about it more, the LGT is much better in the long run when I go to college or what not.

Not to mention its a sleeper.

look on the inside of the STI (minues seats), and tell me you would rather own one. I hate the STi interior. Plus youre definately right about this being a sleeper. I have seen 1 other legacy gt driving around Phoenix. Nobody owns these around here.

I raced one last night. We have a little better low end. Once I hit 70, he flew by me. All 3 times, hehe.

I love this car. Especially compared to a turbod vic.

22 - 3rd subie, last was an 02 RS was totaled after being rear ended. Have loved the look of the legacy since the japanese preview site went up... just happened to be one that wa traded in at one of our dealerships.

Sweet car, and my insurance actually went down slightly from the 02 RS.

Hee hee, good to see this car appealing to young and "mature" alike. I'm 38, have GT Ltd Wagon with the 5spd man. (Yaay!!!!!)

My insurance in southern Virginia (I commute to Durham NC) is $645/yr with Erie Insur. Nothing like having a sparkling clean driving record, also married, so my rates are dirt cheapy.

Enjoy the snow, yankees! Gonna be 62 here today . . .

Archived