LegacyGT.com

Best aftermarket exhaust for around $600

Factory mid pipe has a hole and one of the mufflers sounds like it has a hole - can't see it. What is the current best economical replacement. I know these cars are getting old. Plan on keeping the car since it runs so good. Would like to get Stainless.

Was looking at the X-Force catback. I read some complaints about chrome peeling. I thought it is 304 SS?

Do not trust the ones on eBay.  Invidia Q300 and Borla are too much money for what the car is used for. Looking to spend around $600.

Civilization has brought Evolution to a screeching halt

2007 Legacy GT auto

1989 Turbo Trans AM

1987 Buick Grand National

1983 DeLorean (Buick turbo transplant)

For $600, contact a few local exhaust shops. See what they can do for that money.

My Q300 is getting louder the older it gets, it has maybe 30,000 miles on it.

I think Summit Racing has a replacement OEM style mid-pipe.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

On 12/5/2022 at 12:04 AM, Fenrir1 said:

unfortunately hks is about $1k. ask me how i know 😭

I looked back at when I ordered one and yes, more than I remembered.  I ended up cancelling that order (back ordered and date kept moving further and further away) and getting Nameless mid-pipe and fujitsubo mufflers.

19 minutes ago, GearJamr said:

I looked back at when I ordered one and yes, more than I remembered.  I ended up cancelling that order (back ordered and date kept moving further and further away) and getting Nameless mid-pipe and fujitsubo mufflers.

nice! im jealous of the fujitsubo mufflers. good idea

1 hour ago, GearJamr said:

@GearJamr I've always loved the Fujitsubo / FGK mufflers. I wonder if they line up correctly with an AVO mid-pipe I have right now. Show us some pictures of the setup if you have a chance. 

My dumbass went with DNA. Before anyone gives me shit I got it for $150 and it was close by. Damn OEM midpipe was on the verge of falling off.  It did drone a lot and had a bit of a tinny rasp to it at first but once it finally broken in it wasn't that bad. Sure it hangs a little lower than stock but it's the sound I like and when the shit mufflers finally blow out like everyone says they will i got my old nameless mufflers to put back on.

Any one got sound clips of nameless 5 inch mufflers with a resonator delete?

On 12/13/2022 at 3:59 PM, JohnDeere714 said:

My dumbass went with DNA. Before anyone gives me shit I got it for $150 and it was close by. Damn OEM midpipe was on the verge of falling off.  It did drone a lot and had a bit of a tinny rasp to it at first but once it finally broken in it wasn't that bad. Sure it hangs a little lower than stock but it's the sound I like and when the shit mufflers finally blow out like everyone says they will i got my old nameless mufflers to put back on.

Any one got sound clips of nameless 5 inch mufflers with a resonator delete?

If you’re happy with it, then who cares? There’s probably some on YouTube. I’ve got $180 in my 2018 STi mufflers, Sti mid-pipe is around $300, plus fab work. It’s not stainless but doesn’t sound bad. Shogun did it to his, it’s on YouTube search “Legacy GT STi catback” if you’re interested. Or when your mufflers blow out there’s enough axle back options out there. 

43 minutes ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

If you’re happy with it, then who cares? There’s probably some on YouTube. I’ve got $180 in my 2018 STi mufflers, Sti mid-pipe is around $300, plus fab work. It’s not stainless but doesn’t sound bad. Shogun did it to his, it’s on YouTube search “Legacy GT STi catback” if you’re interested. Or when your mufflers blow out there’s enough axle back options out there. 

Exactly I’m happy with it now. I’m done dumping money in it now. Rather pay off student loans and get a down payment ready for a newish car.