LegacyGT.com

My 09 QSM Legacy GT

I did a little test fit yesterday to see the clearance for the strut. Looks like I need to be at about -2.5 degrees of front camber. The rears should be chilling with a roll. They are currently at about -2 degrees. I am planning on running a 255/35/

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1823.jpgIMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wheels look great but you’ve got A LOT of work to do in the rear.  I ran a really wide tire on a  higher offset and the rear always rubbed under full compression.  Roll, pull, camber arms, etc. 

car looks great. How many miles?

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to tuck the rears without camber arms. Whiteline makes a good product. 

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Rolled and pulled the rears today. This is the first time I rolled fenders and I’d like to say it went smoothly because I got a quality fender roller.

Aside from that, I want to match the front height but I might go ahead and get Whiteline arms and lock bolt. 

C7D3BC63-F3C5-472E-9689-84504F688761.jpeg

2CDD7F82-488C-4B65-84FB-312399A81FCE.jpeg

C1376285-DCE5-481B-AAE9-1FA68ED80F03.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cheeseenlo said:

Wow, nice work with the fender rolling. 9.5" +35 looks tough. 

What size spacers did you use with the stock wheels? 

It’s a little higher offset actually. It’s a +38. For the stock wheels I was using a 1 inch spacer so about 25mm. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whiteline arms and alignment were installed today! Had to raise the car slightly to have it not rub but overall I am satisfied with the height. One of the eccentric bolts was rusted into the bushing sleeve but I had the lockout kit (KCA307) to replace them anyways. This car isn't even rusty! It's from California and it still had a seized rear eccentric bolt.

Anyways, the car does not rub. The ride quality has substantially improved.

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_6442.jpg

IMG_6452.jpg

rearendgrams.png

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, legacybt said:

Huge fan of that wheel/tire setup, looks great!

Is there any rubbing on bumps during hard cornering?

Just a tad. However on mostly normal flat roads it does not rub.

I just finished my 2nd round of autocross. I had to borrow my friends tire waterer to keep heat down and not chunk the brand new tires.

IMG_9583.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 10:49 AM, reallyfunnymoment said:

Installed some Project Mu B-Spec brakes pads and some OEM rotors. Then I just did my first autocross event. Car performed perfectly with no issues. Had a fantastic time driving!

IMG_1470.png

IMG_1477.png

IMG_1507.jpg

Sorry I’m a little late to the party on this one how do those feel? Bought a set but stupid “Sub model” drop down didn’t have a “gt” option so ended up with 2.5i pads and my stupid self didn’t bother confirming the p/n…

PS car looks fantastic!

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo

3 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Sorry I’m a little late to the party on this one how do those feel? Bought a set but stupid “Sub model” drop down didn’t have a “gt” option so ended up with 2.5i pads and my stupid self didn’t bother confirming the p/n…

PS car looks fantastic!

The pads feel great. The car stops infinitely better than the stock pads. I also haven't noticed a lot of brake dust either. I tried to get new brake pad shims but was only able to find one side of the front brake shims from Subaru. The right part numbers for the pads from Project Mu is F916 for the fronts and R912 for the rears.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

If you want, I might have some shims laying around…need to check. I bought some but need to make sure they’re correct. Pads I ended up putting on the car queasy came with them..

It's fine. I'll just grab the rock auto ones next time I need to change the pads.