LegacyGT.com

KZR OBXT Rebuild

Well... Unlike last time the shop is ready to deliver. Luckily I have family near them and headed my way this week. So pickup and delivery before the end of the week. :)

SB done.

Heads refreshed.

Full gasket kit provided.

Need to get this other orders finished for the rest of the peripherals.

Heuberger Subaru - Most all the hoses, OCVS, New ACV pullys, intake ect...

FastWRX - OEM quality belt kit.

Rally Sport Direct - New Water pump. Cast impeller version.

ORDERED

Next on the list is:

Oil Pump - Will probably go with one from Outfront motor sports. 11 or 12mm.

Shop that built the SB and heads said they prefer the JDM 12mm.

Oil Pan - Will be Killer B but what one??? Calling them back as I received not call back today.

Windage Tray - Killer B

Oil pan HW kit for the pan and pickup.

Edited by kzr750r1

Part of the Heuberger order. Thanks for looking out for me.

One item I missed was a new EGT sensor.

Is there a more robust after market unit out there? Will need it now that COBB is green. :spin:

Part of the Heuberger order. Thanks for looking out for me.

One item I missed was a new EGT sensor.

Is there a more robust after market unit out there? Will need it now that COBB is green. :spin:

A resistor is a lot cheaper

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes but would be nice to have the safety there too. But I've killed one already with a gutted up. If I remember correctly the resistor (have one on an old EGT harness) tells the ECU it's 1350 degrees always.

Yes... GetaDom mod has been ordered already. He was happy I let him know they were not in stock on his website. Soon as I found his email suddenly there were 19 available in the store.

Again thanks for checking I'm on the right path. :)

Yes but would be nice to have the safety there too. But I've killed one already with a gutted up. If I remember correctly the resistor (have one on an old EGT harness) tells the ECU it's 1350 degrees always.
Probably safer that shooting cooked bits of an egt sensor into your turbo, the general consensus seem to be a egt is a bad idea with an open up pipe

Probably safer that shooting cooked bits of an egt sensor into your turbo, the general consensus seem to be a egt is a bad idea with an open up pipe

Agreed. Understood. Need to discuss with Travis (Snail) but I'm not that close yet. Just figured to ask here if anyone has been creative with alternatives.

Killer B conversation was a good one.

Pan ordered with windage tray.

Will be happy to put more oil in the mix.

Conversation moved to oil pump size and their findings is what has been out there for a while. No need for a larger pump. After 85psi it's going thru the filter bypass.

Word of warning is to take it apart. Clean the internals. Pack with assembly lube and torque the housing to spec. They have seen OEM pumps delivered loose and dirty.

Will be ordering a 10mm pump for this build. It's a street car.

Just ordered a new 10mm oil pump.

Parts are starting to arrive.

Once this pump arrives I'll get on it.

Car covered for now and garage cleaned up.

Ran the head stud HW through the ultrasonic cleaner.

Need to get my air compressor back in service.

IMG_8299.jpg.a41a9f44939160f97ce823e91be5c56c.jpg

IMG_8300.jpg.daffc6d74528bb91d7286e0827437090.jpg

Parts still rolling in. Found some other items needed. Have plenty to start the rebuild by this weekend.

Chipping away at it.

Doing some upgrades on the ZRX in the meantime.

New SS 4/1 pipe. 2.5 Rejet for Mo Flow filter w/airbox.

New clutch frictions and springs.

New Battery Tray Mod.

Swapping hose clamps to Samco sleeved units since one kept fighting me with coolant spittle. Needed to be sure no other leaking and for sure it's just the one spot.

Went to carcovers.com. What you see is the $180 unit. Ships out of Canada, nice unit. Rained here Sunday morning. Noticed water beading up on it while opening up the garage that morning.

Heads on. Took a couple pics. Stalled at the moment.

One exhaust cam is turning with some resistance after torqued. Other three feel smooth.

No burrs or other issues found so far. Will swap exhaust cams tonight and see of they feel better.

Turned to the oil pickup install and found KillerB didn't provide two in the hardware kit for some reason. Not putting this back together with a vulcanized flat oring in the suction stack. Would work like a cracked straw.