LegacyGT.com

KZR OBXT Rebuild

No I dont think so: Only thing I can do is log. Plus I can't see whats happening with AP Tuner cause the map is locked with a pass code.

Going to go drop a package at FedEx in a moment and will just drive in sport and see how it behaves while logging. Hopefully I can pull this log and see what's going on. My laptop may block the AP manager access since our USB are blocked to devices with storage options. Thumb drives mainly... But will try. It's a company policy now. YAY!

Edited by kzr750r1

Looks like D is not an option for me... Probably due to the 5EAT. Cobb is not allowing disable cause of their green initiative. 😕

Just returned and logged the drive. Hit 100% throttle and it's only knocking at lower speeds with little throttle input.

See if I can upload this as a .txt and convert it back to .csv,

datalog2.csv

Edited by kzr750r1

Just had a quick look. I can't find a 'load' in g/rev or 'MAF' (in g/sec) field on your log. You should log at least one of these. I did find some knock events at fairly high RPM (4k+), WOT and high boost levels (15+ PSI). It happened on two different occasions looks like. Also, you are not meeting your boost targets either.

Edit: never mind about the 'load' variable. I found it. So yeah, it basically knocked when you were at quite high load levels. 2.9+g/rev  is quite high. I need to check my tune but I swear my total timing is not that high at such high load and high rpm. Yours is between 13-16 deg from what I can gather from this log.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Load (g/rev) is on column H.

Interesting to see closed loop turning on and off during the while the knock events are happening.

Had to pour over it a little to see what your talking about the boost target. Odd.

Going to still burn this tank down and get some fresh in her ASAP.

I was referring specifically to the 'Feedback Knock' variable, where for the most part, knocks were happening in open loop since you were at or close to WOT.

However, the 'Fine Knock Learn' events are happening as you said, while open/closed loop most likely because you were at the load/rpm ranges where there is a transition between close and open loop. These are occurring at much lower loads like around 1g/rev though. I recall having issues in that range because the MAF scaling was a little off, resulting in actual AFR being leaner than target in open loop. You can verify this if you are able to log a parameter called 'AFR target' or something along those lines. This parameter is only relevant in open loop though. In closed loop, the ECU will always try to achieve 14.7 and will ignore the 'AFR target' field.

• Like 1

Yeah. Just loaded the Stage 1 OTS ACN91, stage 0 and Valet maps to the AP.

I'm going to see if fueling is similar on the high gear small throttle inputs at speed where this thing is seeming to falter.

One item I noticed last night was the monitors were not complete before heading over to a friends house. On the drive back DAM dipped to .625 and back to 1 once I parked it. Will check again later if they are done. 

Still trying to burn out this tank of fuel. Not going to beat on it until I figure out where it's gone sour.

Edited by kzr750r1

I mean, I hope I am wrong but I don't think it's the fuel :hide:

I understand that each time you load a tune or reset the ECU, the DAM begins lower than 1 and then gradually increases to 1. In my tune, this set up has been disabled where the DAM goes straight to 1 after a reset or if I overwrite the tune.

I will check my timing table later on and see if my timing is set as high as yours under high load.

What are your mods again? lazy to scroll back through the thread :spin:

No much really pretty stock. JMP VF40 turbo, Killer B pan and pickup, Gutted Up Pipe/Resistor mod, new +1 oversize valves in the heads in a refreshed SB with Weisco Forged Pistons. IC is the second unit and has been bar clamped. BOV, MAF and Two Port boost controller have been on this for a while but have been replaced over the life of the car. Crank sensor was replaced last rebuild. Cam sensors were replaced before that rebuild. There is a DW65C in the tank and I did refresh both housing (f new prefilter) and sock filter when putting that one in. I have a new sock filter and pump in hand.

DAM is always 1 after a reset, trying my best not to. Then it feels fine for quite a while. Then back to garbage. Now I'm trying to not reset it and curious if the monitors coming back is when things start going nuts.

Well not seeming to be the gas. Drove for three hours last night.

DAM swung all over but settled back just before fuel up. Thought it was all good then back to .875. 

Did notice AF learning 1a is now adding fuel. Up to 10. Earlier this week it was -7 ish max. Very odd.

prepping to run this fuel out to the truck and put the pump in… 

cleaned the maf sensor again before last nights drive in addition to checking if I can hear the injectors pulse..

so since it’s intermittent and have the pump we’ll go there. Not holding my breath. Regulator next/Pull injectors for eval and cleaning if the pump is not a fix.

Edited by kzr750r1

Yeah I have some where it’s off the rails. From this mornings test drive.

will post later.

forgot to mention the off the shelf and snail baseline tune were far worse. OTS LOADS DAM AT.5???

pushing is making me nervous. But what’s interesting is I do get less fbk and fkl when keeping in 4th on the freeway.

this is only creeping up while at speed and minimal throttle input. So tune is looking likely.