LegacyGT.com

KZR OBXT Rebuild

It seems to be the tune... Sent some of the latest logs to Snail and received a revision within hours.

Cleaned up a great deal. Idle was a bit low but I'll do another calibration later.

For now sent logs from that test drive and well see if he sends me another revision. Looks like he added some fuel to the tables from the learning view. I'll see of we can talk about it over the phone.

I'm not going to dig into my external HD to find that old map right now. Too much going on.

Should have sent him logs after the initial tune and would have probably been fine after revision.

Here are the new logs. No Knock.

datalog1.csv datalog2.csv datalog3.csv

Edited by kzr750r1

I'll have a look. But I am glad you got in touch with him. So, yeah keep logging. Also do some slow and steady RPM acceleration to see if knock is present when it transitions between closed and open loop. If you recall, it is usually right around a load of 0.85-1 g/rev. My past tuners did not tune these areas that well on my cars and they were both running lean there, resulting in a bunch of knock events and annoying loss of power there.

Reply from Snail of what he changed was a bummer. He made adjustments based on the logs. LOL

I'll be keeping an eye on it.

This thread can be closed. I'll post another thread in the OB section for ongoing life with this car.

Yes. Maps are locked by pass code. He's not sharing.

AFR looks to be richer. He's not sharing what changed.

Put the belly pan and motor cover back on before the drive.

My only complaint about Snail. Cryo had no problem etuning with an open map years ago.

For the money I paid we will keep bugging him if I see something out of norm.

So far no huge events.

Had some FKL last night while on cruse control but it cleared and no DAM dip. I do need to get some suspension bushings and endlinks refreshed. These Movetech arms are ok but the bushings in them are groaning after the chassis heat soaks.

Going back to the stock arms with WRX/STi big bushing and standard small front bushing.

Moog endlings may be ok well see once I pull the arms. After that it's just milk this 5EAT for all the miles I can get out of it. At 255K right now. It's time for a ATF pan drop and fluid refresh next OC.