LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT EZ30R Turbo 6mt Build

What this makes me wonder it this...

What other crazy fun cars have you built?

You have the skills and I am guessing one heck of a background working with welding etc...

Those exhaust pieces for you headers look like nice custom bike lugs, so amazing!

dee697d442db7eedce2d6df5ffa5d2c9.jpgb9d78f62778055840838d5afdb19d457.jpg

Going to be using the new turbosmart electronic wastegate, and also got the material for the downpipe. I’m hoping to have some time within the next couple weeks to finalize the exhaust completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the electronic power gate? I was going to get this for my setup and I decided against it and my tuner and shop was happy and said not to.

Why the electronic power gate? I was going to get this for my setup and I decided against it and my tuner and shop was happy and said not to.

I'm guessing engine management related. Its an h6 so I am thinking he may be using an oem h6 ecu maybe? Cause turbo isn't an option and with the electronic u can program it stand alone or into something. Subaru H6 turbo territory is pretty much uncharted so i'm curious as well!

Is this an aftermarket or oem controlled fueling system? Is the motor stock or built? If stock can a ez30r take much boost??

Edited by Tehnation

I'm guessing engine management related. Its an h6 so I am thinking he may be using an oem h6 ecu maybe? Cause turbo isn't an option and with the electronic u can program it stand alone or into something. Subaru H6 turbo territory is pretty much uncharted so i'm curious as well!

Is this an aftermarket or oem controlled fueling system? Is the motor stock or built? If stock can a ez30r take much boost??

Haltech 2500 & turbo (1st post). It's no longer uncharted for turbo H6s.

Haltech 2500 & turbo (1st post). It's no longer uncharted for turbo H6s.

On a stock ez30r? If you can get high hp with some boost(I'm talking 500-600+ awhp) on a $1k motor... i'm definitely interested lol!

Edited by Tehnation

What this makes me wonder it this...

What other crazy fun cars have you built?

You have the skills and I am guessing one heck of a background working with welding etc...

Those exhaust pieces for you headers look like nice custom bike lugs, so amazing!

I built a 06 Wrx wagon when I was a younger. Iag closed deck, efr8374 twin scroll, 6mt swapped. But nothing special tbh. This is my first real project that I’m actually fabricating parts for. I am a pipe welder by trade. Thank you!

Just wanted to try something different. Using a haltech, it sounds like they have a control strategy figured out. By the time I’m ready for it, I’m sure it’ll be even better. But we will see!

On a stock ez30r? If you can get high hp with some boost(I'm talking 500-600+ awhp) on a $1k motor... i'm definitely interested lol!

I’ll let you know how it goes. I’ve heard of people making 500whp on stock blocks but I don’t have very high hopes. I’m sure headstuds at minimum would be smart, but I’m not going to waste my time with stock sized headstuds. Just mainly want to get the car running good before building a motor for it.

Nice, well impressive work so far. have you reached out to member "m sprank" to what contacts he has in your area ? He used to have a repair shop and work with a Tuner near you. I think, https://www.delicioustuning.com/

He may have thought's on engine management.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Did we ever meet? I lived in Temecula/Murrieta for many years. I had plans to swap a twin turbo EZ30R into my 08 SpecB. John from Outfront had been testing a set up in his buggy and I planned on using a similar set up in the car.

Good luck with the project. Looks like a lot of fun.

I don’t think we’ve met before, which is surprising. Do you still have your spec b?

Thanks!

Aem infinity should be cheaper and just as good as haltech. I had good success with the infinity when the stock ecm was no longer usable

I already have the haltech, I was able to get a good deal on it a while ago. Need to start wiring soon

Spec B is gone. Parted it out prior to leaving Cali.

If you end up with questions, Bill at Delicious Tuning can assist with the Haltech programming and John at Outfront Motorsports has done extensive testing and research on the engine (twin turbo buggies).