LegacyGT.com

Please let's solve this, me and Subaru stumped

On my car this connects directly to the pcv tree.

This appears to be a check valve.

I need the gasket as mine was toast and leaking.

I can not locate this part or the gasket

There is no way you have to buy an entire manifold just for this gasket and vavle.

I looked it is shared on all like year range legacy gt and WRX

Please help I refuse to be beat by this and buy a manifoldPXL_20220309_212603464.thumb.jpg.cdbd47e5c4de2adb359e4ded610eddb0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

PXL_20220309_212612650.jpg.0de672f0aff43ca88163e74ce237277d.jpg

PXL_20220309_212608470.jpg.692daae30d36b7f861e3ea6ad672c5c6.jpg

Is the check valve stuck or are you just looking for a gasket?

If you need to clean it, throttle body cleaner should be fine.

It looks like an o-ring. I would be tempted to go to harbor freight or similar and buy an assortment of metric o-rings and find one that fits. I have a couple boxes of assorted o-rings for that reason.

Is the check valve stuck or are you just looking for a gasket?

If you need to clean it, throttle body cleaner should be fine.

It looks like an o-ring. I would be tempted to go to harbor freight or similar and buy an assortment of metric o-rings and find one that fits. I have a couple boxes of assorted o-rings for that reason.

I just need the gasket

That was going to be my final resort, I do have an o ring assortment and if I double it it may do the job

The original is one of those molded orange ones with a tab, like the intake , and throttle body.

I just can't believe it can't be purchased

I have spent an absurd amount of time looking for this gasket.

Would love if someone could make me look stupid lol.

If you take your manifold off and do some mods or maintenance, don't mess with removing this valve unless 100 percent necessary.

If I would have know I would have saved the old hard one and added an o ring

Do you have the old gasket? Let's compare it to......some O-rings. Looks like a well fitting O-ring will be up to the task.

Also, some peeps here are really good with finding parts in the diagrams. Someone must be able to help. What is the part in question called, referred to as?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I've spent almost an hour digging through the parts catalog and the service manual.

I've only found it reference in the manual as "disconnect" or "connect" the emissions hose here. Nothing about it being removable or having a gasket. I can't a reference to it in the parts catalog at all. I've looked through the parts.subaru.com and the opposedforces.com catalog and haven't found it.

We somewhat determined in another thread that this wouldn't be air pump related due to model year correct? I did air pump delete and the block off plates are very similar in shape and had steel gaskets.

Example from fleabay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FLAT4MOTORSPORTS-AIR-PUMP-DELETE-BLOCK-OFF-PLATES-WRX-LGT-FXT-STI-/255348701587?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

***edit....brainfart. Delete goes on the heads***

Edited by whitexc

It's a port on the back of the intake that the PCV assembly ties into.
Yep and it it is a check valve, comes off the right side of the pcv tree and into the check Valve on back of intake

Same set up for 08-14 WRX but even searching in WRX pats can not locate the check valve or gasket

Do you have the old gasket? Let's compare it to......some O-rings. Looks like a well fitting O-ring will be up to the task.

Also, some peeps here are really good with finding parts in the diagrams. Someone must be able to help. What is the part in question called, referred to as?

I tossed it because it was trashed and I'm and idiot, lol

I do have some orings that are the correct diameter but it would require stacking two to get the thickness right , and I'm not super confident it will seal well enough

And thanks for doing some digging, at least I didn't totally overlook it

If the seal has the oval cross section where its taller/deeper than it is wide, two stacked O-ring will likely be to tall and one will be too short. But a O-ring with a standard backup ring might fit.

https://www.theoringstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=367_14

Wow those are cool, never knew they existed.

Thank you

If the seal has the oval cross section where its taller/deeper than it is wide, two stacked O-ring will likely be to tall and one will be too short. But a O-ring with a standard backup ring might fit.

https://www.theoringstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=367_14

Two was almost not tall enough when I test fit , but those backup rings may be the ticket.

I'm just dumfounded that gasket and vavle are not replaceable, I guess that's a good valve and has never failed ?

I would reach out to "Benny" at subaruonlineparts.com

See post 163 or many others.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oem-online-subaru-parts-vendors-list-42243p5.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have an '05 manifold sitting in my garage (link below). If I can find the gasket in question and it's in decent shape I'll send it off your way. Planning on junking this manifold soon so I'll take a look for it before that happens.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ma-perrin-turbo-inlet-lgt-intake-manifold-throttle-body-oem-279563.html?t=279563

I have an '05 manifold sitting in my garage (link below). If I can find the gasket in question and it's in decent shape I'll send it off your way. Planning on junking this manifold soon so I'll take a look for it before that happens.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ma-perrin-turbo-inlet-lgt-intake-manifold-throttle-body-oem-279563.html?t=279563

That would be great. I really should just buy a manifold at this point

I'm just stubborn and refuse to let this manifold get it's way,

I'm thinking an oil return gasket for a turbo charger might fit. I happen to have one leftover from the engine gasket set. It's a common gasket at most auto parts stores.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Went through the engine gasket set, o-rings with quantity of 1. Only one is weird, and shows fitment in the AT oil pump. It doesn't have the locating tang but... maybe?? 806931020 is in the gasket set list, but if you search it comes up as a hypoid gear set. it's been superseded to 806931070.

Went through the engine gasket set, o-rings with quantity of 1. Only one is weird, and shows fitment in the AT oil pump. It doesn't have the locating tang but... maybe?? 806931020 is in the gasket set list, but if you search it comes up as a hypoid gear set. it's been superseded to 806931070.
Ya this is a unicorn part, I'm finding eat easier to find a European market center console lol

I really was enjoying the ease of install and availability of parts on this project untill I got to this piece of shit plastic manifold and asinine vacuum system.

I shit you not I'm considering selling my turbo and intercool and doing the STI swap