LegacyGT.com

My ‘05 OBXT journal

You can turn it on at any point. If you click the LTV tab on the left you will pull up a learning view that will show aft correction and knock correction. If you have a massive adjustment in the idle cells it could indicate wether or not you have an intake leak 

• Thanks 1

So now that it is running on your wife's laptop, do not update anything on it! If it ain't broke, don't fix it type of thing.

With BtSsm, if the key is on the On the position where the CEL light is on with some other lights on the dash, then it can read the ECU and could report things such as coolant temp, and even pull an LV. Obviously, if engine is running, then any other parameter will be updated. I believe it is the same with Romraider.

• Thanks 1

This is what I monitored today.. not really sure what I'm looking since I have to learn what these values stand for..

How do you turn the values into gauge? Although the table may provide more info than the gauge?

RR 1st monitor try.jpg

First LTV.jpg

Edited by RumblyXT

ok. looks like you have a vacuum leak somewhere (see the '12.30%' value). And because you have not driven the car yet, the other 3 values are still zero, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts.

image.png.9670dd80f9ba70dcb6cef6d6664b75bd.png

Edited by xt2005bonbon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2023 at 4:28 PM, xt2005bonbon said:

Good job man.

So, once you have the app running, I would check the following:

1. your learned fuel trims. You can view them when you 'pull' an 'LV'. It looks like this:

image.png.d4e5fc2fedc022f0c7154f0ef5078341.png

Note the row 'Learn %' with four values. The first one refers to the amount of fuel corrections the ECU learned to apply at idle. The second one is at very light throttle, 3rd one is medium throttle. 4th one is when you start to push it. So, obviously if the car has just been idling since the last ECU reset, the first value will be the only one populated. The rest will show zero. You want all values to be within +/-5%. If you have very large negative values, that could be an indication you have a boost leak (post IC) or a poor ground at the MAF wiring harness. If you have very large positive values, then you may suffer from vacuum leaks. All this assumes good o2 and MAF sensors.

2. check the 'VVT L' and VVT R' angle values. Usually, they remain zero at idle. When you begin to push the car, both angles should be non zero and in sync. If one of them is quite off from the other, then that is an indication that one of your OCVs is not working right. Either it is slightly stuck, or poor oil flow to it.

3. Misfire per cylinder. That is self explanatory. A count of 1 or 2 at random is OK. Pay attention to what they show at idle too.

4. FKC/FLKC: that's related to knock. If these parameters remain zero, then the ECU is not detecting knock. If it detects knock, it will then pull a certain amount of timing (unit in degrees). If it keeps hearing knock at a certain rpm/load, it will 'learn' to remove timing in these conditions until it no longer hears knock. The LV I mentioned earlier shows you a summary of where the ECU has pulled timing.

5. actual boost and boost target. Your ECU has a boost target table and it will try to reach these values when you drive the car. It is nice to keep an eye on it and compare it to actual boost.

I think that's enough for now.

I am bumping this post I made a few days back.

• Thanks 1

The first post of this thread below describes a simple method to help you find vacuum leaks. You may want to give it a try. I think you can do it with this engine too.

Wow. can't believe it was posted 10 years ago :eek:. Time flies..

Edited by xt2005bonbon
  • Thanks 1

Log list
Engine Load 4byte

Engine Speed – RPM

IAM 4byte
Ignition total timing
Feedback knock correction
Knock Sum 4byte
Manifold relative pressure *corrected* Mass Airflow Voltage
Primary Wastegate duty cycle Throttle opening angle
boost error *psi*
AF Sensor #1 Ratio(AFR) Injector duty cycle

this is the list of parameters that Dave from Cryotune had me monitor when he e-tuned my car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really appreciate all the input and guidance fellas, you all have saved me a lot of time researching. I'm humbled by how helpful you guys are.

I'll be out of own for two weeks visiting family in beautiful TN. I have never been up North this time of the year. The Smokey Mountains scenery should be awesome, they are quiet different from the winter time. Maybe I'll even pass by and say Hi to Infosecdad haha

I'm planning on tuning the car as soon as I come back. Looks like I will have to come up with my own smoke machine (already got some ideas). Will keep you guys posted. Can't wait to drive it and see what this ej20x feels like.

• Like 4

Man, I really like coming to TN.. brings the soul closer to home.. nothing like waking up, opening your door and seeing the beautiful flora and fauna at its most splendor, hearing hundreds of wild little birds chirping and the sound of cicadas remind you it’s summer time. To some, this is just a normal, daily thing, to me it’s something truly special.

The community even has its own vegetable patch.. free to pick and maintain it by planting your own later on to keep it going.

4841261C-4E14-4C93-A7E6-8C5C8D59E8CB.jpeg

2AFA8A33-4662-4F32-AEF8-60506DD7CAA0.jpeg

EA30C0C7-46C8-4379-A931-1CA665A08D06.jpeg

• Like 4

On 7/17/2023 at 10:29 AM, RumblyXT said:

Man, I really like coming to TN.. brings the soul closer to home.. nothing like waking up, opening your door and seeing the beautiful flora and fauna at its most splendor, hearing hundreds of wild little birds chirping and the sound of cicadas remind you it’s summer time. To some, this is just a normal, daily thing, to me it’s something truly special.

The community even has its own vegetable patch.. free to pick and maintain it by planting your own later on to keep it going.

4841261C-4E14-4C93-A7E6-8C5C8D59E8CB.jpeg

2AFA8A33-4662-4F32-AEF8-60506DD7CAA0.jpeg

EA30C0C7-46C8-4379-A931-1CA665A08D06.jpeg

12 years ago my wife and I moved from south Florida to upstate south Carolina. I know exactly how you've felt. We're still super stoked about the changes in season lol. It's still hot as balls during summer, but you can enjoy the outdoors 99% more of the year compared to the inside of a dog's mouth that is Florida 

Edited by seanyb505
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, seanyb505 said:

12 years ago my wife and I moved from south Florida to upstate south Carolina. I know exactly how you've felt. We're still super stoked about the changes in season lol. It's still hot as balls during summer, but you can enjoy the outdoors 99% more of the year compared to the inside of a dog's mouth that is Florida 

Miami is nice, beautiful city, the Atlantic Ocean is but a few minutes away, as well as the FL keys.. and if you have a boat, you can enjoy it much more. But overall, it's overpopulated, the cost of living has gotten extremely expensive (more than other cities imo), and traffic up the ying yang. 

I'd move up here in a heart beat. TN, SC, NC, even GA.. Nothing like being close to nature and being able to enjoy the outdoors after driving just 30-40 mins: rivers, cascades, mountains, camping.. winters can be cold, but one gets used to it, and best of all, enjoy every season.

15 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Wait. What?

Winters in TN and the Carolinas get cold?

;)

haha Super cold compared to Miami? Definitely.. We rarely see temps below the 40s.. Back in 2008, I vividly remember taking a pic of my backyard thermometer at 32 degrees!! Though I know this a little winter breeze for some of you guys.  

I like how the Subie culture is so prevalent up here in TN.. I have seen a lot of nicely modified Outbacks, WRXs & STis, that’s really cool. Of course the AWD gets put to work a lot more up here in the winter. Not a lot of fun being stuck in the snow with a FWD minivan.. 

8 hours ago, amm203 said:

Come on up to PA - we sometimes get all 4 seasons in one day

I have been to the Pittsburgh area before, very nice hilly city, not in full winter though. Oddly enough, the only time I have seen snow before was Yosemite Nat. Park years ago in June!

Would love to visit again the San Fran area. The whole Golden Gate, Sausolito, twin peaks area is so beautiful. Unfortunately that place has become a freaking hell hole full of bums and drug addicts, all thanks to stupid liberal policies.

Edited by RumblyXT
  • Like 3

Finally made it back to FL after a very nice vacation in the great state of TN. We had an awesome time and went to a lot of really cool places, making it all the way to the KY/OH border. A lot of driving, around 3,200 miles, but it was quite the experience..

TN itself was awesome, hadn't driven up there in the summer, so many different things to do, so many beautiful towns, great food, courteous folks, and the awesome outdoors, the forests, rivers, falls, everything was really nice. The kids had a lot of fun, got to socialize as we used to, kept them away from technology and video games.

We really had a great time. I'd really enjoy living up here, there are lot of great cities/places just 3-4 hours away, so much to do..

Covington, KY

Covington 2.jpg

Amazing 1800's architecture. I really liked this old church.

Covington 1.jpg

We have great food in Miami, but his place had the most delicious smoked ribs I‘ve ever had, and very tasty beer, I really recommend it.

Covington 3.jpg

The kids enjoying the great food..

Covington 5.jpg

The Ark Experience in KY.. an amazing adventure regardless of religious believe. This thing is massive!

KY Ark experience 1.jpg

KY Ark experience 2.jpg

KY Ark experience 3.jpg

Ruby Falls.. 260 feet below the mountain via an elevator. I don't think I'd ever do this again lol..

Once you become a parent, your perspective of life changes. Honestly felt a little claustrophobic here.. couldn't wait to make it back up to the surface lol

TN Ruby Falls 1.jpg

Ruby Falls.. ahem.. I thought the color was natural by some special minerals.. it was just a light show ha ha

TN Ruby Falls 2.jpg

Beautiful Lookout Mountain Incline Railway. I'm going to admit reaching the top was kinda scary, this train/tracks seat at a 45 degree angle and it feels you're going to drop to the front of the car lol.. the pic doesn't do it justice.

Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 1.jpg

This house at the summit to the right was simply amazing, has the best view and these folks had a couple of chairs (bottom left of the pic. can’t barely see them) right at the edge of the mountain.. gutsy!

Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 2.jpg

The beautiful Arrington Vineyards.. awesome atmosphere, great music and very good food.

TN Vineyards 1.jpg

Never had we experience something so nice, family oriented, full of great folks just having a great family time.

TN Vineyards 2.jpg

The awesome Parthenon in Nashville, really liked this. No longer have to visit Greece to know what it looks like. But visiting Greece would be nice though..

Nashville Parthenon.jpg

We really enjoyed these falls (Rutledge Falls). The water was freezing! Still, we all went in, and I even swam in it.. the kids even saw 3 baby snakes.. all the kids were screaming lol.. nothing gets you closer to nature. Later I found out TN has certain poisonous species.. 😬😄

Rutledge Falls 1.jpg

Rutledge Falls 2.jpg

So cold, yet so awesome..

Rutledge Falls 3.jpg

Nashville Farmer's Market, really great food here.. 

Nashville Farmer's Market.jpg

Ah the awesome TN State Museum! I have always enjoyed going to museums since I was a kid. This place is so freaking awesome, honestly deserves a good 4-5 hours viewing time to really appreciate everything it has. It was very well prepared and complete. But the kids didn't enjoy it as much as the wife and I.. lol

TN State Museum 2.jpg

TN State Museum 1.jpg

Really liked these so very well kept Civil War era weapons.. I’ve always wanted to fill a wall with different weapons of different eras/cultures..

TN State Museum 3.jpg

TN State Museum 4.jpg

J Percy reservoir, very nice, huge lake with its own little beach, kids had a very good time.

J Piercy Reservoir.jpg

Getting to Gatlinburg..

Knoxville.jpg

This was the intimate, beautiful Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail in the Smoky Mountains, right off Gatlinburg.. it goes quite unnoticed. This forest is truly beautiful, super dense, and honestly it even felt scary at times, eerie like. Can't really explain it, it honestly felt as if you're being watched the whole time. Bigfoot territory.. Anyways, not sure if any of you know/heard of the Missing411 by David Paulides. Basically accounts of people that go missing in National Parks, never to be found again. After knowing about the Missing411 cases, I’d never dare venturing into these parks alone and/or without a good GPS/firearm. The stories are very real.. lol

Gatlinburg Roaring Fork Trail.jpg

And the nice Subie culture in TN, the place we stayed had a few modified cars.

TN Subie culture 1.jpg

TN Subie culture 2.jpg

TN Subie culture 3.jpg

Edited by RumblyXT
  • Like 7

On 7/14/2023 at 10:54 AM, xt2005bonbon said:

ok. looks like you have a vacuum leak somewhere (see the '12.30%' value). And because you have not driven the car yet, the other 3 values are still zero, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts.

image.png.9670dd80f9ba70dcb6cef6d6664b75bd.png

You know your stuff bro.. 

Just did the smoke test and I do have a vacuum leak. Thankfully it’s easy to get to right at the turbo Intake hose, seems one of the ports just needs a clamp.

I’m hoping this is the only leak it has. This HF multi transfer pump setup was so cheap! Less than $6 including the cigars lol and works great.. no big pressure at all pumping a little smoke at a time..

FEFCB389-4956-45F6-A24D-8C437D89E5C5.jpeg

8D7E594F-AAB6-4101-95B9-5B017A4FF747.jpeg
Here’s the leak..

F0BDC694-81AF-4514-9C9C-4CF828C58EBF.jpeg

Edited by RumblyXT
  • Like 1