LegacyGT.com

My ‘05 OBXT journal

2 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Before you download the ROM, have you been able to run romraider and view some ecu parameters with the engine running? 

Make sure everything works, i played hell initially getting romraider to work with my car which is also an 05 outback xt but with a manual. It turned out that my rom wasnt defined and had to change my Cal ID from A2WC521S to A2WC522S to get it to work. Not sure if you will run into this issue since yours is an auto car. If all is well, you should be able to pull up the logger and have access to a large amount of parameters.

• Thanks 1

I did notice some of the files I had to download from the YouTube video instructions were no longer needed.. (dtd file)..some things may be different as there have updated versions back from when you guys downloaded it. Or would it request the latest updates automatically?

I’ll try it tomorrow if I can.

Edited by RumblyXT

To obtain my first ROM log through ECUFlash, are these steps correct?

Connect Tactrix port/PC to OBDII, Engine has to be off/ Open ECUFlash program/ Click on the Read from ECU Flash memory icon/ Click Ok button/ Turn key to On position/ ECU log is generated.. ??

Or should I monitor the engine’s performance, get familiar with RomRaider first?

Edited by RumblyXT

14 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Before you download the ROM, have you been able to run romraider and view some ecu parameters with the engine running? 

Ok, I’m going to do that first. 

Update: I'm getting this message when I try launching RomRailer logger. I did download the latest definitions.. Not really sure what's going on..

Logger definition not configured.jpg

Wondering if I may still need this DTD file..

DTD file.jpg

Edited by RumblyXT

I’ll plug my laptop in tonight and go through the prompts. They have become kind of an automatic process that I click through but I believe the cars prompt you will decline as it only affects virtual dyno.

this may also have something to do with the issue I stated above now that I think about it. I believe I was getting that prompt before I changed my Cal ID

Edited by blackobxt

1 hour ago, blackobxt said:

I’ll plug my laptop in tonight and go through the prompts. They have become kind of an automatic process that I click through but I believe the cars prompt you will decline as it only affects virtual dyno.

this may also have something to do with the issue I stated above now that I think about it. I believe I was getting that prompt before I changed my Cal ID

I think what you mentioned about the Internal ID is in regards to ECUFlash.. min 7:40 on the video

I was referring to properly running RomRaider.. I think it works now, will let you know later.

Edited by RumblyXT

54 minutes ago, RumblyXT said:

I have to try it again.. but I think what you mentioned about the Internal ID is in regards to ECUFlash.. min 7:40 on the video

It also affected the logger. I was able to see like one or two perameters after messing with it for a while. I didn’t dare mess with ecu flash till I was pointed towards a long forgotten thread with someone who had the same issue. Took literal months to finally get it figured out.

Edited by blackobxt
  • Thanks 1

Was the laptop connected to your car with ignition on? Once connected, it should show the CAL ID info and stuff (bottom right of your screenshot). Then you'll see all values populated I think.

Edited by xt2005bonbon
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, blackobxt said:

It also affected the logger. I was able to see like one or two perameters after messing with it for a while. I didn’t dare mess with ecu flash till I was pointed towards a long forgotten thread with someone who had the same issue. Took literal months to finally get it figured out.

Was it maybe because you had to modify the User Level to Advanced or Administrator?

Once I changed my user level, most of the parameters went from grayed out to being selectable.

Edited by RumblyXT

2 hours ago, RumblyXT said:

Was it maybe because you had to modify the User Level to Advanced or Administrator?

Once I changed my user level, most of the parameters went from grayed out to being selectable.

No, I was able to see the list on your screen but when connected to the car only a few parameters would actually work.

I see what you mean..

Well, for some reason now RomRaider is not opening, at all..

I brought my laptop to work to practice around with it.. I' have tried everything, even uninstalling and re-installing it, it simply won't open. 😠 It acts like it wants to open, brings up the picture of it, but then closes immediately after.. sighs

Honestly got no clue what's going on.. this thing was working perfect, now just took a dump. Not sure if it's a Java issues, couldn't be because it was working fine.. I don't get it.. I'm about to throw this old laptop in the trash..

Edited by RumblyXT

Let's just say I became an expert at installing/uninstalling RR/Java.. Did it like 7 times to try to get it to open in that old laptop. Disabled Windows Defender, even through the PC registry.. nothing. I tried literally everything, gave up on that old laptop. 

But the good thing is I got it to work with my wife's laptop.

RR is open and running, Tactrix port connected, I opened RR logger, turned the key to On (2nd position), but no monitoring of any parameters occurred. It  doesn't seem to connect yet to the ECU. Not sure if it has to do with the CAL ID blackobxt mentioned..

RR running.jpg

Edited by RumblyXT

Gah I’m an idiot, you can see it’s connected in the bottom right and green on reading data in the top right. You need to click the check boxes on the left to view the data on the right. Looks like you are in good shape!

Edited by blackobxt
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, blackobxt said:

Gah I’m an idiot, you can see it’s connected in the bottom right. You need to click the check boxes on the left to view the data on the right

I see. Like placing the check mark on the certain parameters I want to monitor, then turn key On to 2nd position.. and then you can add other parameters to monitor later? Once car is turned On?

At what point can I fire up the engine?

Edited by RumblyXT