LegacyGT.com

My ‘05 OBXT journal

I think you mentioned this guy on youtube no? Here is the video I watched when I was rebuilding mine (in addition to using the FSM). Look how much RTV he uses around 5:20.

Edited by xt2005bonbon
  • Like 2

I use a 2" or so paperclip, the diameter is just about right and just push it back and forth until I can see light through the hole. I will try the toothpicks next time, god forbid, I gotta pull the cams. How do you get it to bend without it breaking?  

33 minutes ago, Febreze Mee said:

Andy Hunter - Come on

Paul Oakenfold - Switch On

LCD Soundsystem, The Crystal Method, Bloc Party, The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy. 

Forza Motorsport 2 introduced these to me. If you like any of the above, we could get along well!

All of 'em. LCD Soundsystem is one of my all time favourites. Even got to see them once, and will again if I can.
Shame about you being so far from the ECM... I'd happily swap ya keys to take the properly set up NA for a cruise.

Sometime....

Threadjack over. Hah! Sorry Rumbly!

• Like 2

It’s all good bruh.. 

Ultra Fest was a month ago here in Miami, but it’s not like it used to be anymore.. back in the day there were usually 60K+ people that came from all over, even internationally.. hmm and the girls would get wild! Lol

Ah.. those days are gone for me, I did have plenty of fun back then though.. I’m talking 15-20 years ago.. now it’s all about family time and spending time with my twin boys.. different era for me now.

But will never forget the 90s when I was a teen, things were so much easier then.. one of the best times of my life.

D86125DC-033A-4E9D-9ED7-CFD7B1AD8B55.jpeg

Edited by RumblyXT
  • Thanks 1

I don't think you need anything very fancy to check your torque wrench.  I used a luggage scale, could also use a fish scale, anything you hang your to-be-measured thing from.  It just takes a little arithmetic.  Just measure from the center of the ratchet head to where you're pulling on the wrench, pull slow and smooth, and watch the scale for the reading when you hear the click.

Sure, the scale may not be exactly right, like your torque wrench, but if they agree pretty well with each other, you can have some confidence.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

I think you mentioned this guy on youtube no? Here is the video I watched when I was rebuilding mine (in addition to using the FSM). Look how much RTV he uses around 5:20.

Yup.. I remember my old ‘01 Forester FSM used to mention to use only a 1-2mm bead of sealant, not much at all..

16 hours ago, Tehnation said:

How do you get it to bend without it breaking?  

Do you mean the curve on the oil channel? I think the best thing is to cut the tip of the applicator just enough so that only 1mm of sealant comes out. Like on the video XT2005bonbon mentioned at 5:20.. no need to even spread the sealant, the torque will take care of that.

Good morning 🌞 

The 255 motor mounts brought these plates with them which I had never seen before.. Do you know if our USDM motors need them installed or this is just some Thailand made up thing?

The Japanese 20x motor did not bring them, but it looks like they were installed when they replaced the motor mounts on my car before..

DD27A93D-FD23-48A7-8EE4-0C490828DDF0.jpeg

93CBC035-8608-4439-B0D2-A1051C2BF050.jpeg

E7316043-A840-4C4C-BF10-762E0A4C87B3.jpeg

Ugh, those cam caps. Had to redo mine and the cam seals a few times. Getting those cam seals wrong means as soon as you get to temp your engine pukes oil out the front and conveniently all over the also up to temp exhaust. 

On 4/30/2023 at 9:16 AM, RumblyXT said:

Good morning 🌞 

The 255 motor mounts brought these plates with them which I had never seen before.. Do you know if our USDM motors need them installed or this is just some Thailand made up thing?

The Japanese 20x motor did not bring them, but it looks like they were installed when they replaced the motor mounts on my car before..

DD27A93D-FD23-48A7-8EE4-0C490828DDF0.jpeg

93CBC035-8608-4439-B0D2-A1051C2BF050.jpeg

E7316043-A840-4C4C-BF10-762E0A4C87B3.jpeg

Mine has those plates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really?.. Well, I'll be damn, I was going to get rid of them. Glad I asked..

Are you guys sure? The plates stickers threw me off because they both state :Made in Thailand"

Thank you

Thanks for the input guys.. I appreciate it.

Moving onto a selection for a good engine oil filter, I'm not sure if you guys have seen this video before, but you might not want to buy another usdm Subaru engine oil filter after watching this.

By the way MrSubaru1387? The best true Subie mechanic in YouTube!

Edited by RumblyXT

Been using Tokyo Rokis for a while now.

Get them at your local Mazda dealer. Ask for the filter for a 2010 RX-8.

You should get a genuine black, made in Japan TR filter, with the correct bypass pressure. Take a look before walking away, to be sure…image.thumb.jpg.5b3baa4b52954bc9706c5698b63df5a9.jpg

if it bothers you that is says Mazda, I guess…. Import a bunch for yourself from Japan…🤑

image.jpg

I had used Wix XP in the past from it having great reviews, but really wanted to try the Mazda Tokyo Roki, just wasn't sure how it fit being it's bigger/longer. Thanks!

No it doesn't bother me at all it says Mazda lol supposedly this is the same one they use for Subaru in Japan correct, just rebranded for Mazda..

Edited by RumblyXT

Mazda Tokyo Roki it is then..

Though I must confess, I’m a bit hesitant to walk into a Mazda dealership, might fall in love with that nice MX-5.. best Sports Car for tge $$ imo.. 😀

• Haha 1

😁 Yeah man, some say even better than the awesome S2000.. I miss my Silverstone AP2.. should have never sold it and keep it for the kids.

The old ’04 Silverstone S2K with red/black lather interior. It was a lot of fun driving it, quite tail happy, but plenty fun. Road-trips to the FL keys early in the morning were a blast!

0F1D53D7-A907-4B3E-8A04-3EE0D156C5FD.jpeg

Edited by RumblyXT
  • Like 1