LegacyGT.com

Hawk HPS pads now available for 2005 + Legacy GT

jim1969

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have the pads sitting in my room, front and rear. the problem is that they advertise them as fitting the 2.5i and the 2.5gt. looking at the size of the rotor it looks like they will fit just fine.

i have the pads sitting in my room, front and rear. the problem is that they advertise them as fitting the 2.5i and the 2.5gt. looking at the size of the rotor it looks like they will fit just fine.

Cool. put them on and let us know... the 2.5i and 2.5gt brakes are different and I wouldn't trust anything until it's been proven to actually fit (i.e. installed) :)

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

• 4 weeks later...

i've been talking to prostreetonline.com and they claim to have the fronts in stock http://prostreetonline.com/buy/hawk_hps_brake_pads/hb432f.661/ the p/n's match up to what jim1969 got from hawk. so here's your source. just wait until i pick up mine.

their listing for the rear jives with MDTURBO http://prostreetonline.com/buy/hawk_hps_brake_pads/hb434f.543/

edit: had to totally rewrite this post after going back and reading the first page. doh!

Then go ahead and buy them........

And when they don't fit - because that is an incorrect listing - you can come back and tell us about it. In fact I'll sell you a set of HB432 right now if you are convinced they are correct. But I won't take them back when they don't fit and you can find someone w/ a WRX to sell them too.

Then go ahead and buy them........

And when they don't fit - because that is an incorrect listing - you can come back and tell us about it. In fact I'll sell you a set of HB432 right now if you are convinced they are correct. But I won't take them back when they don't fit and you can find someone w/ a WRX to sell them too.

i hear what you're saying. with a name like brakeguru i'm not about to question your knowledge. :lol: these things are outside my expertise and all i can do is rely on info i can find. if hawk says it's not even made yet then hawk should not mislead the public. that's all i'm saying.

i'll steer my contact at pro street to this thread and see what they say. i'll post the results.

:munch:

no worries - I keep posting in the thread so that no one orders and has to deal w/ the wrong parts etc.

They should change the listing - and I know they are aware of it - sometimes it may not be as easy as it sounds although I'm not sure why :iam:

You can be sure that once they do make it it will be posted here and in the appropriate vendor section.

+1 The hawk site is wrong, just because it's listed doesn't mean it's right. Check the dimensions on the pad they list and you'll see why it's wrong.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

cool, i haven't heard back from pso yet. i'll measure them when i switch back to my summer wheels this weekend. what a pita. i don't believe everything i read but if they know it's bad info why don't they fix it (just checked, still wrong).

i still need to sort out my pad selection before track day on may 24th.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Archived