LegacyGT.com

Hawk HPS pads now available for 2005 + Legacy GT

jim1969

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so y'all know, we have a wholesale account with Hawk as well and would be happy to get pads on the way for you guys :). We don't have the LGT pad applications up on our Brakes Page yet but if people want us to add them I'll work on it right away!

...initial pricing looks like $95 shipped 2-day for the HPS fronts and $85 shipped 2-day for the HPS rears, with a $5 discount if you were to purchase a front/rear set since we can ship 'em together... The HP Plus, which are 'track pads,' would be $125 shipped for the fronts.

That rear part number, btw, is the same part number as for the 2002 WRX. The 2003+ WRX has a different rear number. I have not confirmed the fitment with Hawk and their site only has front applications up. That rear number, and the quotes for them above, was based on this thread and people saying they fit.

Please PM me if you're interested and if you'd like to see the LGT front pads on the brake page!

Jeremy

That rear part number, btw, is the same part number as for the 2002 WRX. The 2003+ WRX has a different rear number. I have not confirmed the fitment with Hawk and their site only has front applications up. That rear number, and the quotes for them above, was based on this thread and people saying they fit.

Please PM me if you're interested and if you'd like to see the LGT front pads on the brake page!

Jeremy

Jeremy, we've already confirmed fitment for both parts numbers (front/rear) as many in this thread have already purchased.

Glad to see another vendor in the mix, however, I would not call the HP+ "track pads". :icon_wink

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Jeremy, we've already confirmed fitment for both parts numbers (front/rear) as many in this thread have already purchased.

Glad to see another vendor in the mix, however, I would not call the HP+ "track pads". :icon_wink

From your web site: :icon_conf

HP+ (AutoX / Track): The HP Plus Ferro-Carbon material can take the heat at the track and get you home safely without having to change your brake pads. This compound was designed for autocross, Solo II, and Track Day applications. Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve race level braking; rotor wear, noise, dust and pad life may be affected.

From your web site: :icon_conf

HP+ (AutoX / Track): The HP Plus Ferro-Carbon material can take the heat at the track and get you home safely without having to change your brake pads. This compound was designed for autocross, Solo II, and Track Day applications. Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve race level braking; rotor wear, noise, dust and pad life may be affected.

Exactly... it is a AUTOX/track... it's not a dedicated "TRACK COMPOUND". For that you need Blues, HT10, HT14, DTC60/70 in the Hawk line or the XP-series in the Carbotech line.

That is a general description from Hawk and while they may work in all situations listed, it will not be optimal in all. That is why when you click on LGT, it'll say "double duty" and not dedicated. For a SpecMiata or something it could well possibly serve as a dedicated track compound, but you cant lump the same thing to all models/weights. Just like how all-season tires can be used at the track, get you home safely and without having to change tires... ;)

Edit: Ive also edited that page slightly so people dont get confused as you may have above. Thanks.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

• 4 weeks later...
Well lookie what we have here!!

Th real thing fresh off the UPS truck - the driver was a bit perplexed when I kissed him....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/brakeguru/LGT%20pads/LGT3.jpg

and

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/brakeguru/LGT%20pads/LGT1.jpg

And some quick notes....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/brakeguru/LGT%20pads/LGT2.jpg

Hawk is painting all the pads now - so it's a good idea to scrape any runs off the tabs so they don't hang up...mebbe even take a quick file to the stamping edge to smooth it. Don't go nuts - just clean it up a bit.

They are chamfering the street pads now too.

Are the rears chamfered and slotted too?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Just some info on the Hawk Pads. I've had the HP+ and HPS pads on my mustang. The HP+ are awesome brake pads with good stopping power, but they do wear the rotors pretty quickly and are pretty loud. The HPS are great pads too, but do not stop as quickly as the HP+, but they are quieter and less dusty.

Cheers!

Mine showed up Red? Are those a different model?

I can only speak about the rears becuase that's all I received so far. 2 months later and I'm still waiting on JSC speed to get my fronts in :icon_mad:.

To answer your question, my rears aren't red, they're black.

Archived