LegacyGT.com

No_One's Build/restomod

My "Slow Burn build"/shopping list. Will not be updated regularly, but will do my best.

List of plans in no particular order:

- 350 Wheel horsepower goal

- HID/LED all around

- Paint (Subaru paint codes, undecided on colour)

- JDM Body kit (Hipposleek/Cyber-R/Damd hybrid)

- Water sprayer for TMIC

- Wheels (Sparco Terra in Gold)

- Sound deadening and audio upgrades

- Catless Up

- Turbo Back exhaust (might go full custom)

- VF52 and supporting

- Spec-B rear end

- Coil-overs

- Aftermarket seats (current ones suck)

- De-chrome everything that is chrome.

- 6MT or sequential manumatic swap

- Brakes. (willwood or JDM import, might do a brembo style CTS swap)

- Bushings

- Damd wheel/paddle shifter with tilt/telescopic and audio controls mod

- If I can pull it off, Black upper section swap for the interior. Two tone isn't my thing

- Horn. Not doing the usual Hella Horns or train horn. Doing a boat horn instead.

- Tinting of windows and replacement of OE windshield (not a fan of blue strip at top)

- Power folding mirrors

- skidplates for entire bottom of car.

- Mudflaps

- Brake master cyl. brace

- Steering angle mod (to make the turning radius smaller...)

~ To be continued as I figure things out. Gonna be an expensive journey. Will post pics of my car soon.

Edited by NoOne1223
Corrections

It’s a solid and proven setup. Just pointing out that if your goal is “350” then you need to rethink the strategy laid out to get there.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Opened to post this. MTO here is going to look at car. Depending on what they say, this may turn into a chassis swap and build. going to be interesting. But, there is a chance I may not have a gen 4 LGT anymore as well... Thanks for all the info, and this is a great community.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm not dead! Thankfully!

Well, been a while since I've been here. Got the rear wing painted and mounted, but since then I've broken my propshaft in two separate places at the same time, now I have a wheel bearing on the way out, as well as a leaking passenger side valve cover.

Currently looking for a midpipe and my dash is starting to go sticky.

On the dash front, anyone have any ideas as to how to carbon skin it, or other solutions? Might message madrig (love his work, if you see this, great job on everything you do! And would love some tips on making custom parts)

And, paint. Any tips for painting a car without access to a booth or garage?

a71c0efabc52a8512bd3880194bd791e.jpge9e184faa77a93608549ebecf33c892d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Well, turbo died. Hoping it didn't take anything else out with it... Cars at my mechanic until Monday when I can get under it with them to find out what happened. I'm hoping it was just the turbo and nothing else, but only time will tell. I'm in contact with JMP, and he is a godsend for me since his rebuilds are still cheaper than the rebuild I can get here in Canadaland!

In other news though, I've been working on my grill (most recent photo is not accurate to how it actually looks now. It's almost done), installed some Bilstien front struts, and am trying to find spacers for the rear struts to install them. So, things are taking 3 steps forward, and one back. Now to rise like a Pheonix and learn more!

IMG_20220820_154213_878.jpg

received_5631433116917652.jpeg

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, NORULZleggy said:

Before you try to make some power you might want to make sure that engine is in good health. No reason to for 350 crank and then have to buy a new short block after. don't worry about the HP, make sure the torque is solid.

I imagine OP will chime in before too long, but it didn’t go well. Rod knock.

I spent some time on the net trying to help him source a shortblock/longblock, whatever is around. He’s in the same city as me.

Not much in our area, unfortunately.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:24 PM, KZJonny said:

I imagine OP will chime in before too long, but it didn’t go well. Rod knock.

I spent some time on the net trying to help him source a shortblock/longblock, whatever is around. He’s in the same city as me.

Not much in our area, unfortunately.

Yep... Knock. May have worked out a deal on an 07 Spec.b though! Here's hoping it goes to plan, ESPECIALLY because its in budget!

• Like 1