• ale/lager/heffenweisen
    • Fruity drink
    • hard liquer/mixed
    • Wine
    • I cant drink cuz im in AA

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why, last weekend I had a tremendous urge to drink 007 style vesper martinis adn this week I had a hankering for white russians. The bad thing about the white russians is that since you are drinking milk (or cream depending on your taste) if you are a seasoned drinker you will almost dissregard the buzz. This led to me almost polishing off 2 1.75 ltr bottles shmirnoff!! I was sick for two days afterwhich = not recommendeddddddddddddead

The package store here on base just started to carry on a perminant basis YUENGLING taditional lager. I'm one very happy boy about this.

I rarely drink it anymore...My friend does promo stuff for them...i have a real cool sign they did 2 years ago for them. Hand painted and only 1200 mad most of which were given to bars.....I remember a while back asking for yuengling in bars and people would look at me like im from outer space.

Lately ive been drinking Lions Head...brewed in Scranton...$10.99 a case for bottles. LOL

Theres always Natty Ice. LOL

lucky bastard!!! I love Yuengling!!!

yeah, get this. I live in Conn.(~200 miles from PA) for 9 years and can't find any place that will import Yuengling; but as soon as I move to WASHINGTON (~3,000 miles from PA) I find that the BASE is willing to import the stuff!!! Like I said before about CT, "Goodbye Babylon".

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Lately ive been drinking Lions Head...brewed in Scranton...$10.99 a case for bottles. LOL

When I was last home a buddy of mine brought a case of that over. That's some damned good stuff, even ignoring the price.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I'm drinking Bell's Third Coast Beer right now, but I will undoubtedly switch later to sipping El Tesoro Anejo tequila. The El Tesoro is a great anejo for the price (I think I paid about $36 for this bottle). In fact, I personally like it better than the El Tesoro Paradiso, which runs around $100/bottle.

In January, I stuck to one drink a day for the whole month, which I was told is a good test of whether or not you have a drinking problem (even more difficult than going cold turkey). I mainly drank tequila, and since I was drinking so little, I ponied up for really good stuff all month. I started with a bottle of Milagro Select Barrel Reserve Anejo, and then got a bottle of Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia (2006 bottling). Right at the end, I picked up a bottle of Don Julio 1942, which is the best of them all. The 1942 is right up there for my favorite booze, possibly only exceeded by Don Julio Real, which is crazy expensive.

By the way, if anyone likes the Cuervo Reserva but doesn't like the price, 1800 Anejo is pretty darn close, for under $40/fifth.

Oh yeah, I also recently polished off a bottle of Corralejo Anejo, that I had around for about a month and a half. I went out on a limb and bought a bottle in December for $50 without ever having tried it, and it was not very good. It was supposedly 100% agave, but it didn't taste like it. I hardly touched the bottle during January, because I didn't want to waste my one daily drink on that crap.

Since my last post (about an hour ago), I finished the bottle of the Bell's Third Coast Beer, then polished off a bottle of the new limited-edition Sierra Nevada IPA, and now I'm sipping El Tesoro Anejo out of a snifter. :icon_bigg

Archived