• ale/lager/heffenweisen
    • Fruity drink
    • hard liquer/mixed
    • Wine
    • I cant drink cuz im in AA

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even my wife said the 1942 was good, and she doesn't generally like any straight booze. Where did you try it, a bar or restaurant? ]

We tried it at a restaurant in San Francisco, called Tommy's Mexican Food on Geary Blvd. The place is well known for their "wall of tequila", which boasts over 200 bottles of tequila. The food there is slammin' as well. It was a very long night.

i've heard of that place and i dont know why? Maybe my boss was talking about it.

Kenda:dm:

I'm pretty looped on Don Julio Anejo right now. I just picked up a bottle today; unfortunately, the DJ 1942 that I ordered is on backorder.:(

Last night while getting an 11:30pm(!) oil change at the dealer (the only appointment I could get this week), I walked to the nearest bar, a Bennigan's. I asked what they had for top-shelf tequila, and it was the usual suspects: Patron Silver, and 1800 Reposado. I had a snifter of each, and they tided me over fine; they sure don't compare to Don Julio Anejo though.

I wish someone could explain to me why run-of-the-mill bars that decide to stock one Patron tequila invariably choose the Silver. I'm guessing it has something to do with marketing/salesmanship. I mean, I'm a tequila guy, and even the reposado would be a more flexible choice. Those of us that like to sip tequila would prefer the reposado, and the spring break/shooter crowd wouldn't know the difference anyway.

:lol:

what's everyone got on tap to drink for the wknd?!?!

Saturday I will be getting the backyard into shape, so I picked up a 12 pack of Pacifico. A little BBQ action in the early evening calls for Coronas and Margaritas (blended), using Cuervo and bottled Cuervo mix, with some added Triple Sec and a dash of OJ. Sunday is Margaritas again, this time over ice, made with Herradura reposado, Herradura silver, Triple Sec, lime juice, and a splash of Gran Marnier. Monday we finish off the survivors.

I love the long weekend.

Saturday I will be getting the backyard into shape, so I picked up a 12 pack of Pacifico. A little BBQ action in the early evening calls for Coronas and Margaritas (blended), using Cuervo and bottled Cuervo mix, with some added Triple Sec and a dash of OJ. Sunday is Margaritas again, this time over ice, made with Herradura reposado, Herradura silver, Triple Sec, lime juice, and a splash of Gran Marnier. Monday we finish off the survivors.

I love the long weekend.

veyr nice very nice!! im trying like hell to get my big grill so i can throw some ribs on it. this little grill i have now just aint cutting it!!!! i have to go buy beer at noon when the stores open for beer sells. let's just say it will be alot b/c the 500 is at 1, the 600 is at 6, and drag racing is at 7:30. i didn't get any liquor yesterday so its just beer today since the liquor store isnt open on Sunday. Maybe some margaritas tomorrow.

Apple martinis rock!!

Yesterday, my Don Julio 1942 came in at the liquor store.:icon_bigg So that I don't drink it too fast, I intended to buy a bottle of the regular Don Julio Anejo, but they didn't have any, so I bought Herradura Anejo, which I've never tried before. It's okay; I'd rank it with El Tesoro or Chinaco at around a 5.5-6.0 out of 10. I drank four shots last night, along with two shots of the 1942.

I'm currently drinking some Don Julio Anejo that I picked up on my way to visiting my mom in Illinois. I polished off the last of the Patron Anejo that I picked up the weekend rclark & Boxer installed my suspension, and I've made a pretty sizable dent in the Don Julio already.

Apple martinis rock!!

Yesterday, my Don Julio 1942 came in at the liquor store.:icon_bigg So that I don't drink it too fast, I intended to buy a bottle of the regular Don Julio Anejo, but they didn't have any, so I bought Herradura Anejo, which I've never tried before. It's okay; I'd rank it with El Tesoro or Chinaco at around a 5.5-6.0 out of 10. I drank four shots last night, along with two shots of the 1942.

I'm currently drinking some Don Julio Anejo that I picked up on my way to visiting my mom in Illinois. I polished off the last of the Patron Anejo that I picked up the weekend rclark & Boxer installed my suspension, and I've made a pretty sizable dent in the Don Julio already.

Man, I envy your tequila budget! :icon_tong

Last night the wife and I were bored, so after a quick survey of the liquor cabinet we consulted www.drinksmixer.com and came up with "Bailey's Comets": Baileys, Goldschlager and a floater of 151. Not bad, and we didn't ignite the 151 (what a waste), just lit some candles instead.

That sounds like a fun drink :) , but does it count as an official Bailey's Comet if you don't light the 151? :confused:

You're right, tequila has become a very expensive habit for me. The funny thing is, in most areas of my life, I'm a total tightwad, but I feel like a king when I can drink the best booze. I've thought about what I will spend on booze in a year at my current rate of tequila consumption, and I've decided I can live with it.

I think nike923's post above goes along way toward explaining why bars that stock only one Patron invariable stock the Silver. My guess is that the majority of people who drink tequila in bars are either doing shots or drinkin margaritas, not sipping the tequila. Patron Silver is a great choice for either.

Dude, when you come to Minnesota, I'll turn you on to good tequila. It'll change your thinking.

Good tequila?... like Patrons?

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Archived