LegacyGT.com

So when is the next local meet?

RuskiTrombone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been thinking of what type of paint we should use too... Not sure if I want to do flat black, or a glossy black.

I used glossy black on mine and it turned out really nice.

make sure to pick up the kind that sticks on plastic without needing a seperate primer coat. (i used the Krylon fusion paint)

I picked up two tall cans of paint, Semi Flat and Glossy Black. One can should be enough for two sets of lights right?

way more than enough. I used about 1/2 a can when doing my headlights -- 2 heavy coats.

You may want to pick up so clear water proof silicon (or something similar) to seal up the headlights after putting them back together - However it is not necessary. Thier will be tons of left over goop from being sealed up at the factory. After you put things back together and go over it with the heat gun, it re-seals itself water tight.

But - with that said, i went over my lights with silicon anyways just becuase I wanted to be over-protected.

i prefer sunday!

i prefer sunday as well.. but really either day will work fine for me. (if it is saturday, I might not be able to stick around very late into the afternoon)

Ruski, as for the condinsation in your headlights -- we have to make sure to get all of that out before sealing them up.-- or else you could end up with water tight headlights with water stuck in them -- and it will constantly be fogging up. (which may what happened to you originally)

haymarket......bit of a drive for me. we'll see, may not be able to make this one. If I can come, I'd like to throw my STS on.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Danny - the lift in Steve's garage is a four-post.....great for everything but suspension and brake work. We'll have to work on stands and a jack and 'struggle' to break the bottom bolts, just like normal. :icon_tong

A lift and 3 bays but no air?

Ok Guys,

My apologies, I have guests in from Europe, so I have been pretty busy lately. I can do either Saturday or Sunday or whenever anyone wants to come by with at least a couple of days notice. I have air compression tools and lots of hand tools. If you think I may not have a particular tool then by all means please bring the tool with you but mark it such that it does not get mixed up with someone elses tools. As PGT mentioned earlier in this thread I do have a four post lift good for just about anything but suspension and brake work. I do however have four new jack stands and a good floor jack so no problems there. If you think you might get cold in the garage then dress warm and someone needs to volunteer to bring an electric heater. I have a somewhat stocked refrigerator in the garage but if you want to drink alcoholic beverages then please BYOB. I will need a somewhat good estimate of the number of people coming as my wife plans to make some food for us all. Please send me a PM confirming your attendance. I'm not sure what's on the menu but I'm sure it will have a Scandinavian flare as she is from Finland. I would like to start fairly early, maybe around 9AM so we can make the best use of the lift. We can accomodate three vehicles at a time e.g. one on the lift one on jack stands and one in the other bay. I have a stereo system in the garage so bring some tunes to listen to and yes it plays MP3's.

Follow this link and click directions to: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=15722+Foleys+Mill+Place&city=Haymarket&state=VA&zipcode=20169

I live two miles off Rte. 66 on Rte 15. The community (Dominion Valley Country Club) is gated so when you arrive at the gate just scroll down to my name Steve Watts push the dial button and I'll buzz you in.

My cell phone number is 703-930-6006.

If I left out anything please PM me or call my cell and leave a message. I will call or PM you back.

Steve

I'm in for Sunday Steve! Thanks for hosting. Any tools I should bring?? Compressor, air tools, torque wrench, oil pans....anything? I need to straighten up my garage, so I'll start pulling stuff aside. :D

Archived