LegacyGT.com

Lgt vs MS6 personal experience

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think a slightly larger Impreza would be welcomed. In looking for my LGT I contemplated an STi, but its just to small. I don't want to have a 4 seat car, and not be able to have people sit comfortably inside it. Yes, I know the STi is a performance rally car, but they should have just made it two doors if they didn't want people to sit in the back. A slight bump in rear space, maybe 4-5 inches would have swayed me.

With the Legacy, I think it could also stand to gain a few inches. Not much though, I like the styling the way it is. The car seems to be "contained" within its lines, and not "overflowing". It think the MS6 is overflowing, I think the Altima SE-R is "overflowing". I am not sure if "contained" or "overflowing" are the right words, its just what comes to mind when I picture it in my head.

I was actually in the market for an STI when I bought the LGT, but after driving the LGT for a few days and the pricing I could get one at, I couldnt pass it up. STi is fast, but leaves a lot to be desired in a lot of other areas that the LGT has.

A couple inches bigger would be ok, but not 8 inches or something crazy. even if the overall length grows an inch or two, if they rework the interior they may be able to get 4 inches in room out of just a little exterior growth.

Tiew... if u've compare the old 3-series (e30 or older) you can see how far the new e90 has grown! It's because evolution has it that humans grow larger as time goes. We'd prolly looked like giants back in Jesus' days!

Anyways saw an MSP6. It does have more presence than an LGT. That's due to the bodykit and large wheels. Man that hood is bulgingly pregnant. :D

Unlike most cars these days I find the LGT a bit understated in the looks department. Not a bad thing depending what you want.

I dont know if it has been posted on here or not yet, but in talking with the Subaru rep the other day, in the next few years, the impreza will be bigger (about the size of current legacy models) and the Legacy will also get bigger. I have a mixed feeling about this. the WRX is the size it should be. I do not think it would do as well as a bigger vehicle unless the power output is greatly increased and it will have to be a good looking vehicle for the under 30 crowd to drool over as they have with prev WRX models.

as for the legacy getting bigger...just how much bigger would be a big key..and what kind of powerplant and pricing are we looking at. he said they have not really said much in detail about it but talked about both growing in size in the future.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they will be making it smaller for WRC homoglation purposes. The current Impreza's wheelbase is just too long...Subaru wants to try and keep up with the little hatchbacks...

in Beanboy's defense -- i Test drove the MS6 tonight.

Stock for Stock (in 30 degree weather when heatsoak is not an issue) - the MS6 is faster, has better tires, quicker turbo spool, and a more than adequate AWD system. So that given equal drivers, my money is on the Mazda.

With a better driver the subaru should win - and with $1000 in mods, thier is no excuse on behalf of the subaru owner to let the MS6 beat them.

and want something with a little more finished luxury feel --

i am confused......why would you say the MS6 has more "luxury feel"? seriously.

i have seen many photos of the MS6 interior (including the 360º view from their website), and i would not confuse it with a luxury car. if anything, it seems mazda was intentionally going for more of a sport look: alloy pedals, bi-tone leather, red instrumentation, no woodgrain and round a/c vents (cf. Mustang GT interior). when compared with others, the MS6 looks more generation next and slightly less mature than other cars in its class. for some, that may not be a bad thing, but i doubt its interior will be confused with BMW, Volvo, Lexus, etc.

i have seen many photos of the MS6 interior (including the 360º view from their website), and i would not confuse it with a luxury car. if anything, it seems mazda was intentionally going for more of a sport look: alloy pedals, bi-tone leather, red instrumentation, no woodgrain and round a/c vents (cf. Mustang GT interior).

I must say one thing and that is when Mazda thought of the circle A/C vents being luxurious that had to be thinking audi TT not Mustang GT. At least I hope so, and yes I do know that Mazda is affiliated with Ford but they must have their heads on tighter over there at Mazda to think anythink Mustang-esque is luxurious or high quality for that matter. Regardless, I still wouldnt by this MS6(thought about it for a day or 2, then said "fuh ged about it") or any other mazda vehicle or a Subaru again either but that a whole other story...:lol: That new Civic looks better and better everyday...

I would agree with your assesment that the interior quality/style is in no way shape or form of a lux. It defenitly is one for sport. I thought the seats were better in the mazda than subie (more all around comphort for cornering), but the overall layout goes to the subie.

i have seen many photos of the MS6 interior (including the 360º view from their website), and i would not confuse it with a luxury car. if anything, it seems mazda was intentionally going for more of a sport look: alloy pedals, bi-tone leather, red instrumentation, no woodgrain and round a/c vents (cf. Mustang GT interior). when compared with others, the MS6 looks more generation next and slightly less mature than other cars in its class. for some, that may not be a bad thing, but i doubt its interior will be confused with BMW, Volvo, Lexus, etc.

I'm not saying it is Luxury -- but definetly more luxurious (in my opinion) than the subaru. They have the same electroluminescent gauges which are nice - but the center console comes in some much nicer finishes than the 90's sony boombox gray or faux wood finishes we get. The one i drove had an all black interior and was very nice.. The first thing my fiance said when she got in the car was complementing how nice the inside looks.

THe seats are extremely comfortable, and available in really nice two tone leather, and the doors have that heavy, luxury feel. You get some 'thump' from closing them that you'll never get with frameless doors.

Sport - Luxury is a good way to define it.

You get some 'thump' from closing them that you'll never get with frameless doors.
This quote always makes me laugh. Have you ever been the new 6 series, or any other BMWs in the past? Most of them have frameless windows...

My LGTs doors close soundly. Maybe not as soundly as a car that weighed 300 lbs more, but I choose 300 lbs lighter, over a door that "sounds" more solid but in fact degrades the structural integrity of the car...

Ted

:spin:

This quote always makes me laugh. Have you ever been the new 6 series, or any other BMWs in the past? Most of them have frameless windows...

My LGTs doors close soundly. Maybe not as soundly as a car that weighed 300 lbs more, but I choose 300 lbs lighter, over a door that "sounds" more solid but in fact degrades the structural integrity of the car...

Ted

yes yes i know... we can debate this all we want. I'm NOT trying to say the 6 is a luxury car (its not).. and i'm not trying to debate the advantages of solid frame doors-- the bottom line is that the Mazda just feels more luxurious than the Legacy TO ME.

my definition of luxury may be different than yours.

I cant speak for everyone, but My car rattles, the plastic dashboard and console look cheap and scratch easy, the door vibrates the window when you close it and my dashboard rattles. It doesnt scream Luxury when you're driving in it. It's FAR above my previous cars, and is extremely nice.. but you can tell that money when in to the internals, rather than froo froo shiny buttons. (i'm glad - i love my car, and would pay for performance over looks any day of the week)

In the mazda - it just feels more solid. No squeeks, no rattles... It's much roomier than the Legacy, and the seats offer more support than the legacy.

the Legacy is nice inside, And the limited models are extremely nice on the interior. In MY opinion, the Mazda is just nicer inside.

In the mazda - it just feels more solid. No squeeks, no rattles... It's much roomier than the Legacy, and the seats offer more support than the legacy.

Just wait...My sister has the inaugural year Mazda 6 (they didn't even have v6 badges on the thing). While the cars have two different interiors, the build quality is the same. I have driven her 6, and I have driven the MS6. So I am basing this comment on two inaugural year cars. I have seen how the M6 interior deteriorates, and it isn't pretty. You will get squeeks, rattles, and everything in the car will just look run down, from the steering wheel to the buttons on the stereo. Guaranteed, the MS6 will deteriorate in the same fashion. I don't know what luxury/sport-luxury..whatever means to you, but a luxury car is not made up of shiny black and grey plastic buttons and parts. I really like the LGT's plain matte grey parts. It is not trying to be something it isn't. That is the feeling I get out of the MS6. The MS6 is trying to be something it isn't. Sure it maybe fast, but the engineering behind the thing is piss poor. From the decsion to use a TMIC with no hood scoop, to the nav system that has a remote control placed next to the shifter to control it (way to design a system that requires you to look down if you don't pull the remote out of its cradle. way to design a system that if you don't want to look down you have to hold a remote in your right hand in a manual car, right hand to shift anyone? way to go mazda...way. to. go.),to the tail pipes that really don't have the big tips, this car has engineering disaster written all over it.

the tails pipes do crack me up --- if i got the car, the first thing i'd do (after switching to a FMIC) - is replace the rear bumper with a standard 6 bumper and get a nice set of rolled tips for the exhuast. (or a new exhaust all together)

I've already got a 2005 Mazda6, which i think is a great car. Racked up a ton of miles on it already and have had zero problems. Even after being in an accident (hit by another car) - it still has no rattles. I have had no problems with Mazda's build quality.

(just one car, i know -- but i havent heard too many reports of 6's failing on people though)

I'm surprised at how poorly they are already selling -- the dealer had 8 cars on the lot and they were all marked down 2500 under MSRP (including rebates)...

the tails pipes do crack me up --- if i got the car, the first thing i'd do (after switching to a FMIC) - is replace the rear bumper with a standard 6 bumper and get a nice set of rolled tips for the exhuast. (or a new exhaust all together)

I've already got a 2005 Mazda6, which i think is a great car. Racked up a ton of miles on it already and have had zero problems. Even after being in an accident (hit by another car) - it still has no rattles. I have had no problems with Mazda's build quality.

(just one car, i know -- but i havent heard too many reports of 6's failing on people though)

I'm surprised at how poorly they are already selling -- the dealer had 8 cars on the lot and they were all marked down 2500 under MSRP (including rebates)...

Yeah I was basing my opinion on an '03? I am not sure what year the inaugural year was. Really? 2500 under MSRP, I wonder how long until you can use the S-Plan on the car...hehe

Archived