LegacyGT.com

Lgt vs MS6 personal experience

I purchased my legacy GT non limited with 8 miles on the ODO for $24,600!! Another car with this much performance and quality design for under $25k with AWD does not exist period. I would not go back and change my decision especially not for a $32k Mazda. Just my opinion.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee the ms6 sounds like a lot of fun, but oh...its in limp mode:

:lol: From ms6 forums:

"[The service manager] also stressed that low octane would still cause the limp mode. He also found out that very cold temperatures can cause the limp mode to come on. If the car is rev'ed to high before it had a chance to fully warm up limp mode will come on."

So the LGT is cheaper in the states than the MS6? The MS6 is cheaper up here

Big time cheaper....

I paid 25175 for my LGT Wagon 5MT....

People pay on average 26K for their LGT's....

Where the MS6 you cannot get it out for at least 30K!!!

So it is a considerable difference....

I just wish the LGT had 6MT and Xenon eheheheheheheh but hey compettion can always bring those two player head to head I hope in the future!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Apparently mazda has found the problem to be an "overactive knock sensor"

They apparently have an ecu reflash available for it... According to a mazda tech the ECU has now been programmed to ignore more instances of knock.

Hopefully this "limp home" issue wont become a:

1)"I cracked my ring lands" issue or

2) a detuned motor.

Looks to be #2:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=48383&view=findpost&p=624113

That's sad and at the same time reaffirming the Legacy's "completeness" as a production car. I'm particularly appalled that Mazda has not stepped up with a major recall to fix the issue(s). Sounds like there's room for a class-action lawsuit if they don't get this resolved quickly. If I had waited two years, with my deposit at the dealership, and then had to put up with this crap from a dealership network that sounds like it's in denial...hell hath no fury like this buyer scorned...or something like that.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

At least a knowledgeable guy there on the forum, from a Mazda perspective:

Forget losses on the speed6... dont forget its a limited edition run. They're banking Mazda's entire future on Direct injection technology. It seems that the speed6 is more designed to showcase mazda's new technologies. IE) the upcoming CX-7 has been put as a speed6 in SUV shoes. Even the MPV! Hell the 2nd gen mazda6 might even come with the 2.3DISI powertrain. Not to mention the Senku concept was a hybrid rotary with direct injection. I think Mazda isisnt as concerned with making the speed6 a flawless street powerhouse as they are with getting their name out there more and what Mazda hasa to offer.

EDIT: I understand that getting the speed6 to perform at the top of its game all the time is important, so Mazda doesnt look bad.. but perhaps they're looking at the CX-7's and upcoming speed3's ecu to fix it before hitting the showrooms.

As for 6xy... I think that was the dumbest move trading in a brand new car......, but hey its your money

http://forum.mazda6club.com/style_images/1/p_garage.gifhttp://forum.mazda6club.com/style_images/1/p_up.gif

Keep trying Mazda, and we hope you do, cause it may impact our next gen Legacies too!! hehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I've taken a $1k bath on a laptop... i'd most assuredly take a $5k bath on a problematic automobile. Simple fact... forget the spec.b

Legacy GT > MazdaSpeed6 You can take a regular GT and spend the difference between it and a stock MS6. It will blow it away all day long... and that's when the MS6 is working properly.

I'm not a fan of the bodyroll... a little money does away with that. Even with the bodyroll it still blows the MS6 away on a track.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Archived