LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't sold my GTI yet because the AC started making a funny noise over the summer, still blows cold though.

Took it in for diagnostics, said it'd be covered under warranty. Brought it in ~2 weeks later after the parts arrived. Turns out only one part showed up, so they replaced that.

A few more weeks go by, no news, so I call and check in. Parts department says the part is in, so bring the car in again. Turns out the part isn't there. This was maybe 4 weeks ago

I've been calling and leaving a voicemail almost every day for the last 1.5 weeks, and can't even get a call back. I've called first thing in the morning, mid-day, end of day....

I understand the whole global supply chain clusterfvck that's out of the dealer's control, but at least give me a freaking call back.

Guess I just need to stop being lazy and drop by the dealership.

Mostly just a pressing issue now since I have the work rental car and don't want to keep paying the car loan and insurance for a car I'm barely driving.

Interesting

https://www.edmunds.com/about/press/leaf-blowers-emissions-dirtier-than-high-performance-pick-up-trucks-says-edmunds-insidelinecom.html

"The hydrocarbon emissions from a half-hour of yard work with the two-stroke leaf blower are about the same as a 3,900-mile drive from Texas to Alaska in a Raptor," said Jason Kavanagh, Engineering Editor at Edmunds.com. "As ridiculous as it may sound, it is more 'green' to ditch your yard equipment and find a way to blow leaves using a Raptor."

Interesting

https://www.edmunds.com/about/press/leaf-blowers-emissions-dirtier-than-high-performance-pick-up-trucks-says-edmunds-insidelinecom.html

"The hydrocarbon emissions from a half-hour of yard work with the two-stroke leaf blower are about the same as a 3,900-mile drive from Texas to Alaska in a Raptor," said Jason Kavanagh, Engineering Editor at Edmunds.com. "As ridiculous as it may sound, it is more 'green' to ditch your yard equipment and find a way to blow leaves using a Raptor."

I was just talking to a buddy that wanted to start a "green" lawn service. The one thing holding him back was pro size mowers. You can get homeowner push one but not large ones.

Yeah, i know they're out there, but at a premium. Im also guessing that the quality is not a commercial quality that you would need for a lawn care company. I have a 50" commercial walk behind that i've owned since 1994. With very minimal maintenance. That's with me using it commercially for 5-6 years as well.

That also has 2 acres of run time. You'll kill that battery in the first 2-3 lawns of the day, with all that start and stop.