LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

I got one for $800 and I already locked in the price there picking it up this Monday. I hope my in-law will put insurance on the vehicle and get temp tags. I'm taking my tags off and cutting the insurance off before it get's loaded onto the carrier.

take pictures of loading. get trip insurance.

they should take pics at pickup and dropoff. its a pretty efficient procedure.

Since warranty has already corrected most of these issues I’m pretty satisfied (warranty’s didn’t cover about $200 of shit). That was going to be my next stop if LG didn’t repair the TV. The tree is $2900, that’s the kick in the dick.

keep wood for fireplace? or sell as firewood?

My 70' tall Tulip Poplar Tree got struck by lightning in my backyard the other day, nuked my router and APs, 65" TV and work computer, along with a couple outlets. TV and the more expensive router were thankfully covered under warranty. Biggest expense will be having the tree cut down and removed. I didn't have a UPS system, just power strips. Probably will invest in a UPS as this has been a headache.

e213b9b7734edad3765697e79bb58d71.jpg

7f9550e175fb3256d3a1d37e2e12c7d5.jpg

The real burning question here is, did you promptly make a standard regulation Baseball bat out of the wood from the lightning struck tree? And, did you name it Wonderboy?

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

keep wood for fireplace? or sell as firewood?

I do have a fireplace, but that's a lot of wood, and I'd rather not have the hassle of having to split all of it. Even then I couldn't fell the tree as that's way beyond my skillset, and there's a potential for property damage liability should I mess up. I got savings for stuff like this so it's not a big deal, just part of being a homeowner.

Brought to you by Pfizer

The real burning question here is, did you promptly make a standard regulation Baseball bat out of the wood from the lightning struck tree? And, did you name it Wonderboy?

Alright, well I'm showing this to my wife to convince her I need a lathe.

Brought to you by Pfizer

I saved a couple hundred by not having them remove a tree i had taken down last year. I just stacked it between my house and my neighbors... and we use it for our fire pits. So... not much... but it's cool to have back there. We also have a fire place, but just installed a gas insert a couple months back.

What was the movie where the kid broke his arm then could throw fastballs and got into the Majors? So with your wonder bat, could I play in the majors?

but just installed a gas insert a couple months back.

How did that go? You DYI or farm it out? I have a wood burning, gas light fire place and thinking about going to all gas.

• I Donated
My 70' tall Tulip Poplar Tree got struck by lightning in my backyard the other day, nuked my router and APs, 65" TV and work computer, along with a couple outlets. TV and the more expensive router were thankfully covered under warranty. Biggest expense will be having the tree cut down and removed. I didn't have a UPS system, just power strips. Probably will invest in a UPS as this has been a headache.

Back when I was renting, in 2012, we had a direct lightning strike on the attic exhaust fan in the townhome we were in. It actually flipped the breakers on the top two floors, in addition to totally frying the attic fan. I had everything on surge suppressors except the FiOS ONT, and the surge came in through that, fried the router, and then from there also fried everything connected via wired ethernet. Luckily, router was covered by Verizon, got the motherboard on my desktop replaced under warranty, and I just wrote off the almost-brand-new but relatively cheap printer.

For anyone who has coax coming into their home, I'd highly recommend putting it on a surge suppressor, as that is a vector to kill equipment. I now also have literally everything that's connected to both power and ethernet connected to surge suppressors.

that sucks. most policies have a $500 per tree max for a small amount of perils. Typically includes lightning. Not worth the claim route obviously.

Also check out the electrical system of the house after such a big hit so there isn't any hidden damage that can cause a fire later.

An overload can cause insulation to become conductive and start to break down into carbon which is an accelerating problem that can lead to a fire months later.

453747.png

First time posting -- on my mind is if I should buy some Prius 6-spoke/7-spoke wheels at the local U-Pull It yard, bore out the hubs a tad, get em painted up, and throw them on my 2nd gen -- going to be the cheapest way to have 15/16" white spokes that aren't the typical rally/snowflake look.

First time posting -- on my mind is if I should buy some Prius 6-spoke/7-spoke wheels at the local U-Pull It yard, bore out the hubs a tad, get em painted up, and throw them on my 2nd gen -- going to be the cheapest way to have 15/16" white spokes that aren't the typical rally/snowflake look.

No idea if that lug pattern lines up. Might wanna check in the 2nd gen section.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Can verify prius uses same bolt pattern. My wife was super pissed when I mounted the wagon's race wheels on her 2010 prius. It was like putting mudders on a golf cart. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

According to wheel-size.com the hub size is slightly smaller than my 2nd gen. Although I recently found some cheap Forester 5-spoke wheels, maybe I'll head that direction.

What was the movie where the kid broke his arm then could throw fastballs and got into the Majors? So with your wonder bat, could I play in the majors?

How did that go? You DYI or farm it out? I have a wood burning, gas light fire place and thinking about going to all gas.

Rookie of the year.

Ihired out. Electrician. Gas people. Fireplace people. All had permits. I gc'd it. It took like 4-5 contractor visits and two visits from the bldg inspector. It was a bit of a headache but it's awesome.

We never used the wood burning, but I love having a fire. With our hectic life, this is perfect. We had to get propane installed as well.

• I Donated
Ihired out. Electrician. Gas people. Fireplace people. All had permits. I gc'd it. It took like 4-5 contractor visits and two visits from the bldg inspector. It was a bit of a headache but it's awesome.

We never used the wood burning, but I love having a fire. With our hectic life, this is perfect. We had to get propane installed as well.

JFC... how much did you spend on a f*cking fireplace? :eek: "I gc'ed it" [emoji38]

Lol.

I corrodinated it all. Oddly no one else would take charge. 3 contractors, and two of them had multiple visits and didn't talk to each other.

I think it was like 6-7k with the propane tank install and complex gas line route I wanted lol could have done it a bit cheaper, but I like the insert we got.

I still do all my projects myself, not as fast as the old days but it keeps me busy, saves Big $$$ and I enjoy the journey. My only issue, is when I complete the project(s), it looks like it always have been there and nothing been changed.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is good for the Soul.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

lol

I still do what I have time for. There's just too much, and the projects remaining are getting larger. I need to install a cricket behind my chimney. I dont feel like ripping 2 sq of roofing off and doing that. My luck it would rain, as i'd take 3 weeks to do it. :lol: