LegacyGT.com

Performance tires

On 11/2/2023 at 7:12 PM, 06Obsidian3.0RB said:

Where I live we cannot even get all season or winter tyres. It doesn't drop any lower than 8 C on the coldest night other year.

Everyone runs summer tyres all year round.

Recommend Florida is the same.

I hear dws are very good though. Everyone seems to like them.

Reading that brought back a old memory, Back in the late Fall of 2005, I still had my summer only's on. We had a small early snow storm. I slowly rolled my car down the driveway on the street. Put it in 1st gear, began to let the clutch out slowly, The GT wagon move sideways down the crown on the road. I limped it to the neighbors, about 80ft, turned around and limped back, home, but couldn't make it all the way up the slight incline of my driveway. Luckily, I had a Chevy Suburban... I took that instead.

• Like 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

2 hours ago, Max Capacity said:

Reading that brought back a old memory, Back in the late Fall of 2005, I still had my summer only's on. We had a small early snow storm. I slowly rolled my car down the driveway on the street. Put it in 1st gear, began to let the clutch out slowly, The GT wagon move sideways down the crown on the road. I limped it to the neighbors, about 80ft, turned around and limped back, home, but couldn't make it all the way up the slight incline of my driveway. Luckily, I had a Chevy Suburban... I took that instead.

This more or less happened to me. Freak early snow in… October? Shouldn’t have happened, and nearly got stranded in the city down the highway from mine.

When those tires wore out, I got the DWS’s. They’re as much performance as I need for road legal fun in an AWD car…. Never had to worry about the weather surprises again either.