LegacyGT.com

What did we do wrong? Detonation? She knocks :(

AEM 50-1215 is completely drop in.. no mods necessary. No crimping wires. Plugs right in. Use the existing plastic spacer at the top of the oem pump and 2 orings.

No matter which pump you use, while you’re in there you may want to replace the fuel filter. It does cost about $70 but being that it’s half the bucket, now’s the time to do it. I used a sock bought from rock auto that fits just like the oem. I’ll see if I can dig up the part# for you. The one that comes with the AEM is kinda large and will fold up on the sides.

You may also want to reinforce the voltage to the pump. There is a thread about that on here somewhere. Read the whole thread though because there is an alternate wiring toward the end to keep from draining the battery over time. I didn’t wire mine to avoid draining of the battery but it takes about a week or more of sitting to drain to the point of a dead battery.

Edited by DaveWaters

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i bought this, part number 14047AA700, or thats what they are saying it is... what part did you cut? I don't see how it lines up?

[ATTACH]278300[/ATTACH]

The bottom two holes align with the two bottom fuel rail bolts on the tgv. The rear hole aligns to the rear fuel rail bolt on the tgv. I cut about an inch past the coolant tank bolt hole.

The bottom two holes align with the two bottom fuel rail bolts on the tgv. The rear hole aligns to the rear fuel rail bolt on the tgv. I cut about an inch past the coolant tank bolt hole.

my coolant tank bolt doesn't seem to be the right angle. Am I missing a piece?

Mine looks very different from yours...

Idk, I think he got the wrong part... Or I got the wrong part.

Look at mine vs his:

s-l1600.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=278300

Clearly very different parts.

Ultimately I still dont think either piece would do me any good.

I have aftermarket side feed TGV deletes with top feed conversion rails. I have no provisions in the new TGVs for any of the brackets to use those bottom holes.

Which is why I still don't understand fully the need for this other bracket if those holes are used. Those holes are in the exact same location as the smaller bracket that my car came with. Aren't they?

Tehnation, you did your top feed conversion with the later model top feed TGVs, right? What does the normal expansion tank bracket do for you? Why does that one not work?

Would love to see more pictures of what you are working with. Ill take some pictures of my dilemma tomorrow.

Edited by SageAbkatsor

what was your part number? I have the right piece for part number 14047AA700. I googled it and found pictures of exactly what I have.

Yeah I think you got the correct part for that part number.

Honestly that's what I searched in ebay so that is what I thought I had but clearly found something else. My original listing does not show a part number, but it says it is for an 02-05 WRX...

I think I am probably just an idiot. But hey maybe this is what you actually need. From what I can tell, the part number is 14047AA264. I would see if you can double check what Rhino is telling you before you go buy this thing though. I just confirmed the AA700 is what is on the later top feed LGTs.

I am just special...

[attach]278354[/attach]

[attach]278355[/attach]

[attach]278356[/attach]

[attach]278357[/attach]

[attach]278358[/attach]

That is exactly like mine. How are you trying to install the bracket? As noted, you need to cut the bracket just past where the tank bolts on.

You need to remove the coolant tank and unbolt the fuel rail to install the bracket.

• 3 weeks later...
AEM 50-1215 is completely drop in.. no mods necessary. No crimping wires. Plugs right in. Use the existing plastic spacer at the top of the oem pump and 2 orings.

No matter which pump you use, while you’re in there you may want to replace the fuel filter. It does cost about $70 but being that it’s half the bucket, now’s the time to do it. I used a sock bought from rock auto that fits just like the oem. I’ll see if I can dig up the part# for you. The one that comes with the AEM is kinda large and will fold up on the sides.

You may also want to reinforce the voltage to the pump. There is a thread about that on here somewhere. Read the whole thread though because there is an alternate wiring toward the end to keep from draining the battery over time. I didn’t wire mine to avoid draining of the battery but it takes about a week or more of sitting to drain to the point of a dead battery.

Installing fuel pump today. Wish I had gone the AEM route, but also kinda glad I went Aeromotive.

This is not plug and play lol. I called Aeromotive and they said that this is the correct way to make an E85 pump though as the submerged connector creates electrolysis in E85. In regular gas that is fine to have that connector submerged but not in E85. This is why Aeromotive uses bonded wires...

Now the question is commit and hard wire my pump, or bail and sell this and get the AEM. I know the recommendation from everyone here is to go AEM, and AEM says E85 compatible, but I do believe what Aeromotive is saying about electrolysis.

The only thing is... I am not running E85... while I plan to in the future, that may be a ways out yet.

EDIT: ordered the AEM pump last night...

Edited by SageAbkatsor