LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

4 minutes ago, Code said:

@m sprank do you know if the ets plays nice with GS intake?

@BoozeRS05maybe sooner than later if we keep it  up with all  this ets talk. I think I have about $300 worth of clamps on a $600 intercooler kit.  I’ve always disliked thIS KITS hot side routing with an LGT/style turbo. 

I haven’t followed all of the BS that’s been going on with EPA Regs. Can I still get my car retuned with all of my sensor deletes and shit?  I have no air pump or TGV,s, rear o2 being ignored and no more MAF bcuz speed-density and flex fuel.  

Might have to modify the GS "airbox" some.  I always thought GS intakes were basically a copy of KSTech.  KSTech has made parts for F1 cars and never get the recognition they deserve.  Simple, effective, quality.  A side note, all KStech welds are done by hand and the operator is a union certified welder.  I believe they relocated to NC, but they were in NV previously. 

The tune is up to your tuner.  I would call and keep communication in writing to a minimum.  If you have a relationship, it should help. 

• Like 1

So I’m on stock housings with block off plates BUT  I also tossed the motors and rebuilt the Cobb kit to eliminate the unused pass-thru connector so that sucks.  So it’ll be work and money to undo things that have been done.  See my sig…..

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

4 minutes ago, WRX USA said:

I know in Oregon if I wanted any new tune from Surgeline (regardless of whether I’m adding any new parts) it would require me to add the IAG TGV deletes V3 (https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-v3-top-feed-tgv-housings-with-butterfly-pass-thru-06-14-wrx-07-sti-07-12-lgt-09-13-fxt/)

Yes you can get it tuned mine has all stuff deleted and works great. 

1 minute ago, NORULZleggy said:

Yes you can get it tuned mine has all stuff deleted and works great. 

When did you get that done?

I have everything deleted too but if I wanted to increase injector size or do anything else, they told me that I would need to add the new “deletes” for smog (DEQ).

4 minutes ago, WRX USA said:

I know in Oregon if I wanted any new tune from Surgeline (regardless of whether I’m adding any new parts) it would require me to add the IAG TGV deletes V3 (https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-v3-top-feed-tgv-housings-with-butterfly-pass-thru-06-14-wrx-07-sti-07-12-lgt-09-13-fxt/)

Man, o man.  Marketing.  I realize that sidefeeds have no support and do not flow as well as top feed.  They also dont go as large.  So, if you need topfeed you need to convert.  But, dont fall for the HP gain marketing crap.  You can port and polish deleted TGV's all you want and make the most perfect "D" shape ever.  You can create a "new housing" to optimize air flow too.  But you WILL NOT gain 5-13whp.  You might get 1whp on a mildly modified car.  You might get 5whp on a race set up making 500-600whp.  Need to convert, understood.  Just dont buy the hype and then wonder why you cant feel the difference. 

1 minute ago, m sprank said:

Man, o man.  Marketing.  I realize that sidefeeds have no support and do not flow as well as top feed.  They also dont go as large.  So, if you need topfeed you need to convert.  But, dont fall for the HP gain marketing crap.  You can port and polish deleted TGV's all you want and make the most perfect "D" shape ever.  You can create a "new housing" to optimize air flow too.  But you WILL NOT gain 5-13whp.  You might get 1whp on a mildly modified car.  You might get 5whp on a race set up making 500-600whp.  Need to convert, understood.  Just dont buy the hype and then wonder why you cant feel the difference. 

That they would increase performance is completely counterintuitive to me. This would be purely for smog.

Yea what a bummer though.

Fake TGV=no TGV.  

I’m running e85 Which should make the green weenies happier.

I just want the spinny things to spin quicker. 

• Like 1
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

As an update to my dipstick tube leak, I was able to remove and replace with the Small Car Performance flexible dipstick. It's a bit long for this application, which was expected, but its workable. The o-rings were noticeably larger than the Killer B o-rings on the tube I removed. The gauge markings appear pretty close as well.

20230630_095438.jpg

1 hour ago, m sprank said:

I had not looked a the price of a GS intercooler in years.  STICKER SHOCK!!!!  Over $1200 for thermal coating and STi style turbo.  WTF?????  ETS price has gone up as well I see, inflation sucks.  But, for $500 more than a GS tmic its well worth it. 

Oh, and I ran KSTech 3" intakes with the ETS kit.  Great fit, great performance, great price.  Local USA made.  https://www.kstech.biz/legacy-gt-stockmaf-cold-air-intake-type-2/

@m sprank The cost is high, but I have some parts I can sell including my TMIC kit, uppipe, and more sitting on the shelf. I like to save up and sell things so my pockets stay heavy lol.

new tomei type-s shift knob to replace the old and worn stock knob my spec b. ordered on the 5th and just arrived today, lol.

short review: I was a bit afraid that it might be too tall compared to the stock knob that I had gotten used to, but its height was very exaggerated in the pictures online as it was only 1 maybe 2 cm taller than the stock knob at most. if anything, it's the smaller diameter I found a bit weird feeling, but being able to fully grip the knob from the side makes shifting to 1st or 2nd so much more comfortable. rowing thru the gears feels great as this is a lighter knob, so you can feel gear engagement much more directly. the duracon material also feels great to the touch, not to mention it looks great and matches the rest of the interior and the dgm exterior. one other thing I'll have to get used to is the different feeling when pulling on the reverse lockout with my palm on the knob as this is a taller knob, so my fingers have to extend a bit further down, but this is a very minor nitpick. the reverse lockout also makes a click sound since the lockout ring touches it when pulling it up fully to engage reverse as this knob reaches further down than the stock one, but this doesn't bother me at all. overall I'm quite happy with it, and I look forward to doing more driving with it :) 

(note: my phone's camera makes the little top section look almost chrome like for some reason, but it's nowhere near that reflective in real life. second picture captures it a bit better. the knob is also a bit of a dust magnet as you can see, but so is the rest of my interior :))

20230630_163532.jpg

20230630_163558.jpg

Edited by pleiadesfella
  • Like 5

Started looking for another 4th gen last week. Removed the last part I'm going to salvage from my old 05 yesterday, diodide dynamics relay for leds. Talking about searching, seems like prices are all over the place for 4th gen wagons and outbacks 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2023 at 12:09 PM, WRX USA said:

When did you get that done?

I have everything deleted too but if I wanted to increase injector size or do anything else, they told me that I would need to add the new “deletes” for smog (DEQ).

I had it done when all the scare was going on. Depends on were your at.

Finally got to lubing my RSB bushings.  3 of the 4 bolts snapped, even after liberal PB blaster and torching.  Turned a 1 hour job into a 5 hour job.  Sigh.  It's done though, with nice stainless bolts and plenty of anti-seize and no more squeaking and groaning.

1 item down, like 15 to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, GearJamr said:

Finally got to lubing my RSB bushings.  3 of the 4 bolts snapped, even after liberal PB blaster and torching.  Turned a 1 hour job into a 5 hour job.  Sigh.  It's done though, with nice stainless bolts and plenty of anti-seize and no more squeaking and groaning.

1 item down, like 15 to go.

Life in Canadia eh?

I feel for ya man. I’ve got funny looks when I explain to people why I keep 3 kinds of anti-seize around.

🙄 

image.thumb.jpg.39d140aa1ba36bcd4ceb7a90248d0eb8.jpgInstalled the Primitive Racing skid plate I was delivered by @SubOperator at the ECM. Just had to make up a tiny spacer for the rear attachment point, and grind it to fit a little to clear the Holy Headers. (Buy 8’ of aluminum tube for the 1.5” I needed… 🙄)

The ‘performance spacers’ and all the extra bolt is because they included the wrong hardware. Thought I could make it work, but not so much. Wrote them an email asking if they’d send along some of the correct length hardware to do the job right.

They’re not going to hit anything, but it would be nice to have a cleaner install.

Either way, nicely made piece of hardware, and their customer service has been awesome. So thumbs up to a  company that serves specifically Subarus.

EDIT: Primitive’s customer service is first rate. I sent them an emaiL explaining (reminding) them about the mix up with the mounting hardware, and they had a set of the correct length studs in the mail the next day. Can’t say good enough things about my experience with them.

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 6

On 7/11/2023 at 12:04 AM, Kojak said:

Did a thing today. 130k may be a lil odd for a milestone but essentially doubled the miles from previous two owners. Only took eight and a half years. 

165239DA-DFA8-49C1-B4E1-D84D30E9E103.jpeg

Ahh. 130K. How long ago that was for me, I do not remember. At 247K now :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Brought home a large seating bench from the cabin yesterday going to clean it up and give it away.  I am planning on moving the class III hitch off of the LGT and to my new-to-me Outback soon...

20230715_194945.thumb.jpg.fbf5b831c53540f96af0530a1b1e9060.jpg

Edited by 59ctd
  • Like 2

Quick question - I would like to replace my old OEM leaking up-pipe (probably with a non-leaking OEM to hold me over until I do the Holy Header & FP Blue setup). Noticed it requires removing the DP which is an old CNT unit that's been on a while. I have a Cobb GESi DP still new in the box and figured I could throw that in along with the OEM up. Would this require a rework to my dyno tune?

Yes both catted. Guess it's a no brainer/dumb question. Different cat location + different type of cell setup most likely as well. I'll hold off on the DP and just swap the crappy 140k up.