LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Where in CT are you? I may have a driver's seat as I can give you once I get my aftermarket one back from the shop. You will just have to switch your seat position sensor over. Or you can probably find a cheap one from a junkyard.

Located in the Northwest corner but frequently travel down to the Danbury area for work.

I have black leather front seats that I can send you the covers if you are interested, they are in pretty good shape; I just replaced them with 2011 STi seats.

How much would they go for shipped?

Now I just have to figure out what 2 din Bluetooth stereo I want and I have no idea what to choose for it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had good experiences with the Pioneer CarPlay/Android Auto systems. Super good responsiveness and quality. I've had the AVH-3500NEX (single DIN) in my truck for a while now and love it.

Edited by amm203

I've had good experiences with the Pioneer CarPlay/Android Auto systems. Super good responsiveness and quality. I've had the AVH-3500NEX (single DIN) in my truck for a while now and love it.

Good to hear some positive feedback there. I’ve been looking at the Pioneer DMH 1500NEX. I’m thinking that’s the best bang for my buck.

Nobody local has one. Need it for tomorrow.

Bought one from NAPA… $120… it’s their brand but they say it works and it has a 3 year warranty. [emoji2369]

Long time no chat all.

Life finally spared a few minutes to check out the LGT.

To refresh the story it goes like this. 2009 LGT with 71k on the clock. Bone stock save for a TurboXS axle back and running AP3 stage 1 93 octane tune. Banjo filters, fluids all done.....rarara. Order my truck back in January and am scheduled to pick it up one Saturday in April. Supposed to be a good day ...first new vehicle for myself ever. The car, that morning decided it was going to make a noise.

Well....I need a shortblock. Not beating it, oil full. No inclination whatsoever. Just came around a corner to hear a tick and here we are. Car has been sitting since, with hopes the timing belt tensioner was the culprit. Pulled it apart and nope. It's weeping but not making a peep and the timing marks look fine. Hauled it to a shop to verify what I know. Yup, rod knock.

Deciding where to go with it. I'm not looking for a performance upgrade. It was fine for what it was.....just want it to last.

Anyone want to buy a nice OBP LGT auto.....with a knock lol?

Ahh, great to be back.

Any free shipping available on shortblock? Who is the go to these days? Was quoted just over $2400 locally.

Edited by whitexc

I called and spoke to one of their reps. They no longer ship, claiming that no matter which carrier they used there were multitudes of complaints and claims of damaged in transit items. They were having a hard time with claims and keeping customers happy. Understandable I guess.

Sounds as though local is a good bet.

I called and spoke to one of their reps. They no longer ship, claiming that no matter which carrier they used there were multitudes of complaints and claims of damaged in transit items. They were having a hard time with claims and keeping customers happy. Understandable I guess.

Sounds as though local is a good bet.

I used Mike Shaw Subaru.

I'd grab a motor from these guys with confidence. Wish I'd have just done that when I had my specB, drop it in and be on my way.

https://www.pmpautogroup.com/product-p/otkej255.htm

Not bad pricing wise but even that listing there is minus the turbo and then you have the unknown of someone else's junk.

I have a message out to JMP about an upgraded VF40, longevity based, not so much performance wise.

I can see it now.This whole thing is going to be.....$$$$$$$$$$$.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1326436d4e581bacf977dc6af61c2f8a.jpg

Just got my JDM double din in today. Now I just have to figure out what 2 din Bluetooth stereo I want and I have no idea what to choose for it lol

Pioneer DVD is what I always go with, I love playing DVD music video cds while I drive. The sound quality is better then blue tooth. I am adding a full system. I did my doors, not my 5 channel amp, wiring is done, now to add the JL w3-v3 10 in a ported box. I love a nice sound system.

I bought most of my 6mt swap, a 2009 Spec B interior, and just last week a set of spec b aluminum bits from them
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Pioneer DVD is what I always go with, I love playing DVD music video cds while I drive. The sound quality is better then blue tooth. I am adding a full system. I did my doors, not my 5 channel amp, wiring is done, now to add the JL w3-v3 10 in a ported box. I love a nice sound system.

What format exactly?

Isn't DVD audio track still MP3 compressed audio @ 392 Kbps or something? Been a while. Can't remember exactly. I guess I could google it :spin:.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio

"Researchers in 2004 found no detectable difference in audio quality between DVD-A and SACD[15] (and subsequent research found no detectable difference in audio quality between SACD and CD).[16]"

So who makes the door pulls and how much?
A guy in Kyrgyzstan. $100 shipped for the armrest and door pulls. Ordered mine June 9th and received today. Want me to ask him about door pull only price?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

I was testing for boost leaks. I think I have several and locating them is a pain since there is so much stuff attached to the top of a 2.5 turbo. Working on the 3.0 is a lot easier for me. The turbo inlet seemed to leak a lot so I put hose clamps around all the brass fittings but I hear air coming from around the turbo or something and the intake manifold blocks my access to everything.

Anyway, I hooked up an STi Genome boost gauge that I bought from Croooober. So at least now I have a better idea of what the engine is doing. I got a peak of approximately 72kpa which translates to 10.5psi which is during gear changes. Generally stays around 60-65kpa or 8.7-9.4psi under acceleration. Is that low? It's a 2007 LGT with a 5EAT.

IMG_6357.jpg.f2c4f41c0a40a89267ec58fadf4642d5.jpg

I believe stock should see you hitting 13psi under full throttle I think around 4k rpm. Assuming you're not at a weird elevation.

It might be worth it to just go pay for a smoke test since you know there an issue. Hoses get dry and brittle with age and removal, spring clamps lose their strength, gaskets go bad. The big ones to check are along the edge of the intercooler and the blue tee underneath it which is in the 07s still I think.

Also make sure you don't have a pre turbo exhaust leak either.