LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

POR-15'd the new gas tank and parts of the subframe. I managed to remove the discontinued fuel line brackets with the help of the induction heater without damage. Upon closer examination, I found that the new gas tank has exposed metal seams in some places. They are very small, but over the course of 15 years I see how they can lead to leaky tanks.

new_tank.thumb.jpg.d5b2e8bc8207956af24f500561d29df8.jpg

new_subframe.thumb.jpg.3b0ccb09c8c7f8f32862b1d335d7e807.jpg

exposed_metal.thumb.jpg.38df87b771c2e371edef66928d4baea0.jpg

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Actually, never mind. These are actually USDM headlights. Still looks good though.

Yeah I don't think any JDM headlights fit the US 2008-2009.

Welp, I have forever lost all credibility. Never again, will I speak for another person. Sorry Chris!

Ha! Don't worry about it.

POR-15'd the new gas tank and parts of the subframe. I managed to remove the discontinued fuel line brackets with the help of the induction heater without damage. Upon closer examination, I found that the new gas tank has exposed metal seams in some places. They are very small, but over the course of 15 years I see how they can lead to leaky tanks.

Going to be doing this likely next summer. Thanks for the heads up on discontinued brackets. Mannn that's a bit of a bummer. Wish I started in on my car years ago before stuff started getting more expensive/impossible to get. Ah well, now is as good as time as any... Nice tank and subframe!!

Hmmmmm, what did I do today? Went off the deep end that's what. Arranged to buy a mint 2017 STI drive train. Having it shipped directly to RalliSpec for longer 5th/6th.

Also, been talking a lot with friend of mine who has a realllly nicely equipped machine shop in his garage. We are going to do everything within our power to do a hub swap with the aluminum trailing arms. He thinks we can do it and retain ABS, I am not so sure.

Will probably be starting a thread soon to document everything.

EDIT : Cropped photos, no need to show a stranger's garage anymore than necessary.

20210613_132819_compress18.thumb.jpg.0e6dcc7523ac3de0add7f869c4a93930.jpg

20210613_133117_compress99.thumb.jpg.db95cd13e669e2b45e471ed29f81d41b.jpg

20210613_133135_compress41.thumb.jpg.7ee6ec395c52340781f97ef1ab821648.jpg

Edited by bubbagump
cropped photos

Hmmmmm, what did I do today? Went off the deep end that's what. Arranged to buy a mint 2017 STI drive train. Having it shipped directly to RalliSpec for longer 5th/6th.

Also, been talking a lot with friend of mine who has a realllly nicely equipped machine shop in his garage. We are going to do everything within our power to do a hub swap with the aluminum trailing arms. He thinks we can do it and retain ABS, I am not so sure.

Will probably be starting a thread soon to document everything.

EDIT : Cropped photos, no need to show a stranger's garage anymore than necessary.

That is mint for real. Good for you!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Installed the JDM battery and ABS covers. I bought them on eBay from Russia and they took 2 months to arrive.

I had to relocate the under the hood switch for the remote start to make room for the ABS cover which is an improvement because the stock location also interfered with my hood struts.

I think someday I'm going to have to address that huge empty space behind the passenger side headlight with a Raptor supercharger.

1209365263_underhood1.thumb.jpg.ee3d72f0699221608418518070ab6027.jpg

1775865001_underhood2.thumb.jpg.81220433b74340358e17e2378931ff30.jpg

Agreed, maybe wipe the engine bay down first ;)

That adds at least 5 bwhp

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I succeed in getting my engine back in my car during my free weekend. Car started for the first time in 9 months...I should have known better than to believe this was going to be quick and only a clutch job when I started in October.

P.S. My rebuilt power steering rack is now bone dry after 3 start ups. I'll keep everyone posted on longevity of my rebuild how to haha

IMG_3357.thumb.jpg.ff587d339ff9a03842a5d752de92fff6.jpg

Edited by jaylew

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Found my Moore Performance uppipe cracked at the welds on both ends. No wonder I haven't been happy with turbo response lately! Also explains the fumes in the cabin under heavy acceleration. Today I pulled off the TMIC, downpipe, headers, and uppipe. While I was in there, I replaced the mega crusty oil cooler coolant pipe and elbows, tightened the ebrake cable, and started designing a new bracket for the 3port. New Grimmspeed uppipe and RE71R's show up tomorrow, still have a ways to go before Mid Ohio July 12th. I'm excited to see how turbo response improves with the new parts.b9881338bd2dd7eda72be7e90ceb134c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5e8d134bc7870977d87c8ce40e2b896c.jpg

f1f7e24858bf0623a8bcac83b5af7b45.jpg

Edited by Cincy05LGT

Whew. Decided to Scotchbrite my journals to bring the high spots down. Ran it by a couple people that I trust and they think it'll be fine, so I'm kinda just hoping to get as many miles as I can out of this engine. Definitely not ideal but I refuse to pour more money into this longblock than I already have.

Drained the oil from the spare 255 with ringland failure. I have never see oil so thin before. However, it didn't have metal flakes. I believe the heads on that engine will be in acceptable condition, and if I can get a good deal on a type RA shortblock I'd like to refinish them and go for 400 if/when this block goes.

Finally measured the valve clearances properly tonight. I had to put a whole heads worth of buckets back in so the tolerances were pretty off but I believe it's accurate enough that I can figure out what buckets to order. I also cataloged the leftover buckets that I have and measured the real values with my new micrometer. Went with a $50 Fowler which I'm pretty happy with. :)

camtolerances.png.b21ca846f69e3bf33f92907b46e7203b.png

That is mint for real. Good for you!

Thanks! All sorts of excited. Going over driveshaft options now. I guess the AT shaft and yoke swap thing works but looking at going 1 piece custom. Cost might not be a huuuuge difference.

Thanks! All sorts of excited. Going over driveshaft options now. I guess the AT shaft and yoke swap thing works but looking at going 1 piece custom. Cost might not be a huuuuge difference.
Look at the driveshaft store. Replaceable joints, replaceable carrier, extra joint just aft of carrier. Suburb quality, fast shipping, and excellent cost/value

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk