LegacyGT.com

2019/20 NFL Thread

BDII

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand Troy Aikman, but I think his not so subtle jabs at Jerry Jones were spot on. He basically said that when you look at the Cowboys organization from the top down, they are run very differently from other teams, and 3 playoff wins in 25 years is not the result of Jason Garrett's coaching, it's the result of Jerry Jones's role in the team.

What I'm saying is, if they hire Ron Rivera and fire Garrett, not much will change unless Jerry Hires a real GM and takes a back seat.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• 2 weeks later...
Last game in Oakland today. I expect to see 2 sacks from Maxx Crosby and 2 TD's for Jacob's.

I didn't see it but heard that game was ugly, not a way to go out, then the fans threw trash at people.....Ugly.

Raiders played well in the 1st half. They were cruising to a win but 16 unanswered points by the Jags sealed the game. The offense has had no rhythm all season. Honestly, I'm ready to move on from Carr. He doesnt have the killer instinct. He's said many times this year how he misses his kids and they're growing up and wanting him to be home. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires or is not a Raider next season.

Raiders played well in the 1st half. They were cruising to a win but 16 unanswered points by the Jags sealed the game. The offense has had no rhythm all season. Honestly, I'm ready to move on from Carr. He doesnt have the killer instinct. He's said many times this year how he misses his kids and they're growing up and wanting him to be home. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires or is not a Raider next season.

I would be very surprised if a sixth year starting QB who still has a job just suddenly voluntarily retired, this goes for any of them, not just Carr. The likelihood that he gets traded is far higher but I'm not sure Gruden is ready to go there just yet.

“I’m not going to sit here and have a season-ending press conference,” Gruden said. “He’s done a lot of good things in some tough circumstances. ... But we’ve got to do better. He’s got to do better. I’ve got to do better.”

Pete Carroll is an idiot

You mean John Schneider, Pete doesn't sign players, he coaches them.

And John Schneider is a strong candidate for GM of th year, so you're still wrong.

All I have to say is Merry Beastmas

The funny thing is, hawks fans don't give two shitz what outsiders think of the signing either. Most look at it like this, our season was basically over last Sunday, O-V-E-R,

Not because of record, not because we were eliminated from the playoffs, but because no team in the NFL can the sustain the amount of injuries to starters that Seattle has and still have a reasonable shot at making it through the playoffs. In fact, I can't think of a worse year for injuries to the Hawks since 2006, it's literally beyond the pale this year.

So that being said, we still have at least two more games to play, one regular season and one playoff game, so why not give the fans something to celebrate, the return of one of the most beloved players in team history. It isn't like there is a plethora of elite Running Backs just sitting on the open market in week 17 of the NFL season anyway. Not only does this make it more fun, but also adds the outside shot that something meaningful might actually come from it too.

If I were you, BD, I'd be more concerned about your own house right now and having to win one in Baltimore in the playoffs, good luck with that.

Ha! My step dad asked me this week if I was surprised that Seattle signed him. I said I was more surprised that he came back.

It's a no-lose proposition all around. He makes something of it and everyone looks like a genius OR he does nothing and they're no worse off than they were and everyone can say he wasn't in regular form since he was retired.

The only possible negative outcome is if he gets badly injured.

Ha! My step dad asked me this week if I was surprised that Seattle signed him. I said I was more surprised that he came back.

It's a no-lose proposition all around. He makes something of it and everyone looks like a genius OR he does nothing and they're no worse off than they were and everyone can say he wasn't in regular form since he was retired.

The only possible negative outcome is if he gets badly injured.

The GM John Schneider and Pete have purposely kept an open line of communication with Lynch over the years, which made this reunion possible.

I don't think they will give him more than 10-15 snaps. They will likely start the 4th string running back, Travis Homer, and have Lynch and Turbin fill in the rest. If Lynch can just bust out two good runs and create a spark for the rest of the team, that's money well spent imo.

Of course they are going to have to patch that O-line this week (the best that they can any way) to get any kind of ground game going.

I have no expectations at this point, I just expect a good game on Sunday and I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Against the Titans....not likely.

Too bad you were wrong. All the teams I sort of like lost this weekend. Guess I'll hitch my wagon to the Seahawks now since I at least went to high school there.

Don’t underestimate them.

You were right, I definitely didn't anticipate Henry have a super human game, than was pretty incredible.

Too bad you were wrong. All the teams I sort of like lost this weekend. Guess I'll hitch my wagon to the Seahawks now since I at least went to high school there.

We're still a dangerous team because of Wilson's arm and legs but I wonder how far we can go as banged up as we are with no running game.

If this weekend was any indicator it will be in OT.

Each game is a new game, what happened last weekend doesn't matter come next Sunday.

I'm looking at this from all sides, the state of things right now, the history between the two teams and the Packers season in general, they are suspect and you are right to be hesitant, they haven't been tested by good teams, had a lax schedule and when they played at team with a winning record ( like the 49ers), they were blown out. They did beat the Chiefs but that was when Mahomes was out. They did beat the Vikings twice but other than that the rest of their wins were against teams that didn't have winning records.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/REG/PACKERS

That being said, Seattle probably isn't a good measuring stick. We are the most beat up team in the playoffs barely hanging on by a thread and we have to go into Lambeau where we haven't won a game since 1999. The last time Russell played there (2016), he threw 5 Int (4 of them however were directly the fault of the receivers not Russ). I don't know what all that suggests really, each game is a new opportunity, we'll see what happens on Sunday.

I'm looking at this from all sides, the state of things right now, the history between the two teams and the Packers season in general, they are suspect and you are right to be hesitant, they haven't been tested by good teams, had a lax schedule and when they played at team with a winning record ( like the 49ers), they were blown out. They did beat the Chiefs but that was when Mahomes was out. They did beat the Vikings twice but other than that the rest of their wins were against teams that didn't have winning records.

And to put those wins over the Vikings in context - they also had a VERY weak schedule. At the end of the season, I think the Eagles were the only team they beat that had a winning record (and Dallas was 8-8 - but a very weak division this year).

Lifelong Vikings fan. I think the 2009 NFC Championship fuels a little extra fire when they play the Saints anymore. Otherwise I'm shocked they actually beat a good team - especially on the road.

And to put those wins over the Vikings in context - they also had a VERY weak schedule. At the end of the season, I think the Eagles were the only team they beat that had a winning record (and Dallas was 8-8 - but a very weak division this year).

Lifelong Vikings fan. I think the 2009 NFC Championship fuels a little extra fire when they play the Saints anymore. Otherwise I'm shocked they actually beat a good team - especially on the road.

The Vikings D is no joke, much respect to them. The only reason I thought they would lose to the Saints is Cousins, he hasn't proven himself in the big games while under the bright spotlight just yet, well.... until they beat the Saints last Sunday.

The 49ers Pass rush is also no joke and their D is little better than the Vikings is. Cousins and his Line have their work cut out for them going against guys like Dee Ford, Deforest Buckner and Nick Bosa, they can rush 4 all day and cover everything else, but if the Vikings can get good pressure on Jimmy and force a few turnovers then who knows, they could steal one on the road again.

As much as I would love to see a rematch of the 2012 Ravens- 49ers SB, I will be rooting for the Vikings this weekend.

Edited by DickDastardly00