LegacyGT.com

2019/20 NFL Thread

BDII

Cardinals take a QB 1st pick for the second year in a row

Patriots take a wide receiver in the 1st round for the first time in the brady/belichick era. Superbowl win # 7 is imminent.

Giants fans across the world gasped and boooed as the team skips a top QB for a no name thus continuing the dumpster fire in NJ. They will go 4-12.

The browns acquired OBJ but will still go 7-9

Russell Wilson is now the highest paid QB and the Seahawks will go 6-10 and get wild card seat which they will lose.

Raiders signed Bell but will still be 5-11 come December.

Rams will go 9-7

Chiefs will be without Tyreek Hill who likes to break the arms of three year olds who don't listen.

The Titans drafted a player who viciously beat a woman on video. Classy.

Who will the Patriots beat in the Superbowl?

Last seasons thread here:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2018-19-nfl-thread-269673.html

Edited by BDII
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns acquired OBJ -- AB went to the Raiders.

Broncos fan here. Very happy with the first two picks they made, also glad they traded back even though ILB is a need and Devon Bush would have been nice. As for Locke... Elway just couldn't resist picking another QB. At least he didn't take him with the 10th pick.

Chiefs won't be as good as last year. I see the Chargers taking the AFC West and the Broncos struggling to make it to .500. Raiders will be... the Raiders.

I'm thinking the Colts will be the Pats' biggest challenger this year in the AFC. And I see the Saints making the Super Bowl this year and beating the Pats.

• 2 weeks later...

After that disastrous outcome of the NFC Championship game, I still very much have my middle finger extended right at the NFL (and Roger) for it's complete and utter, game rigging BS, half-assed DV enforcement, unbalanced punishments for non-DV incidents and just general BS all around. That being said, here are the Rules changes for 2019, it just might be enough to bring me back. Maybe I won't just watch college this year, we'll see.

Rule changes[edit]

The following rule changes have been approved for the 2019 season at the NFL owners' meeting on March 26, 2019:[21]

• Make permanent the experimental kickoff rules from the 2018 season.
  • Abolish all blindside blocks anywhere on the field (personal foul, 15 yards).
  • Allow as a one-year experiment to make the following plays reviewable, subject to coaches' challenges outside of the final 2:00 of each half, and subject to booth review after the two-minute warning of each half:

• Offensive and defensive pass interference, whether called or not.
    • Scoring plays and turnovers negated by penalties.
    • Any extra point or two-point conversion attempt.

[*]Change how double fouls are enforced after a change in possession; the last team to possess retains the ball at the spot of enforcement. If the enforcement spot is after a touchback, the ball is placed at the 20 yard line (after punt) or 25 yard line (free kick). If the spot of enforcement is in the end zone, the ball is placed at the one yard line.

[*]Make scrimmage kick rules apply if a missed field goal is touched in the end zone before hitting the ground, and if the ball is touched by either team behind the line of scrimmage.

[*]Allow teams to enforce a personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct penalty committed during a touchdown on either the try (PAT or two point conversion) or on the ensuing kickoff.

[*]Allow officials to disqualify players for flagrant "football" plays in addition to "non-football" plays.

The proposed rule for allowing both teams to possess the ball in overtime, even if the first team scored a touchdown, was tabled to the May owners' meeting.

An additional rule change builds upon a rule originally passed in 2018. The league limited football helmets to a list of 34 league-approved models, up from the 23 originally approved in 2018. The grandfather clause allowing existing players to wear their previous non-approved helmets will expire, and 32 of the league's players will be required to change helmets (most prominently Tom Brady, whose Riddell VSR-4 was one of ten now-banned models still in use in 2018).[22]

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I think the Browns will hit double digit wins this year.

Giants really screwed the pooch on this one.

If Cardinals didnt want Rosen, why didnt trade him earlier for a high draft pick...so confused. Also there is a better QB draft next year, why didnt they just pick up better O-Line players and save their QB pick for next year...That front office is looks ridiculous (at this moment)

Patriots (according to a few forums) won that draft, picked up a stud WR, a good RB to compliment Sony and a no name QB who Brady can groom to be the successor.

Wilson needed to be the highest paid as he looks like the only player in that team lol, his new contract agreement states he will be kicking the extra points also (jk)

• 2 months later...

I don't know why I'm thinking about Jacksonville today but two things come to mind....

Is Nick Foles the Keanu Reeves of the NFL? He is a folk hero in Philly and sort of an urban legend everywhere else. It's hard, if not dang near impossible not to like the man.

Jalen Ramsey is sort of like Richard Sherman, but without all the accolades. If he's going to keep talking trash, he needs to at least back it up on the field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Andrew Luck retired and there was some drama over the weekend. Surprised a little I guess, but dude was injured a lot, and most of it came from playing behind a shaky o-line, which is the coach's fault. Don't agree with the fans that booed him, pretty crappy really.

• 2 weeks later...
Should be a great game. Interested to see which Rodgers shows up.

The one who as sacked 4 times. Not a very good game to start the year, both offenses looked out of sync and both defenses ate them alive.

Antonio Brown is a diva. I don't care how good he is, would never want that locker room killer on my team, or Leveon Bell. I can't believe he actually called his new GM a cracker. Proud products of the Steeler organization. One has to wonder wth Mike Tomlin was thinking all those years with these two on the team.

NFL Network’s Ian Rappaport since has reported Brown threatened to punch Mayock in the face at a practice this week, then punted a football and declared, “Fine me for that!” The Athletic’s Vic Tafur reported Brown’s teammates had to “hold him back" from pursuing Mayock.
Edited by DickDastardly00